New Honda Shuttle 2015

Carbon82

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Wanted to check for petrol version, which RON you guys pump?

I can feel significant power when pump 98 vs 95 (SPC) tested recently - owner manual says 89 and above can already, some guy in Honda Shuttle FB says 92 is good.

TIA.

I pump 95.

Tried 98 once when I had free vouchers. Don't think there was much difference though my friends said in the long run should have difference as 98 has more additives.

But 98 really not cheap wor. 

↡ Advertisement

Ever since i collected my ride in Sep17, I pump SPC 95 and my fuel consumption wasn't that great.

Can achieve 430-440km per tank which is almost 11-12 liter. Is that normal? 

I guess maybe because I am not on highway on weekday. On weekday, I travel on normal road. Go on highway maybe on weekend only.

Ever since i collected my ride in Sep17, I pump SPC 95 and my fuel consumption wasn't that great.

I guess maybe because I am not on highway on weekday. On weekday, I travel on normal road. Go on highway maybe on weekend only.

Try changing from spc to caltex or Esso. I saw a difference in my previous car when I made this switch.

Depends on your route/traffic?

Sometimes I do hit 11+ km/l if I didn't hit much highways. Only when I run around on highways do I get 15 or better.

But I did soundproofing so FC will drop a bit.

Twincharged

Depends on your route/traffic?

Sometimes I do hit 11+ km/l if I didn't hit much highways. Only when I run around on highways do I get 15 or better.

But I did soundproofing so FC will drop a bit.

this is bad !!  11-12 kpl ??

and ppl over at KIA section saying can clock 16kpl with the K3 !!

this is bad !!  11-12 kpl ??

It really depends on traffic and the route you take. Because my daily route is not FC-friendly (I send kids to school, then take a jam packed road before a short highway to work, then reverse at end of day), my FC numbers are usually not that good.

But when I have to run on highways (at least 50%), I can hit 16+.

So far my overall FC (based on car odometer) is about 13.5km/l for 5000km+ of travelling.

I was kinda disappointed also.

My colleague driving KIA K3. Also not that good lei. Or maybe his driving pattern also.

It really depends on traffic and the route you take. Because my daily route is not FC-friendly (I send kids to school, then take a jam packed road before a short highway to work, then reverse at end of day), my FC numbers are usually not that good.

But when I have to run on highways (at least 50%), I can hit 16+.

So far my overall FC (based on car odometer) is about 13.5km/l for 5000km+ of travelling.

I was kinda disappointed also.

My colleague driving KIA K3. Also not that good lei. Or maybe his driving pattern also.

My daily route to work is all full of traffic, did not hit highway at all. Only on weekends then get to go on highway.

But overall the FC for shuttle is still better than my old rides Nissan.

City traffic is a real killer for fc. Even my hybrid doesn't fare very well as not much chance to regen due to heavy accelerate and braking to prevent holding up traffic.

My ride also collected Sep. Pumped SPC 95 only can have 13.5km/l

Then I tried 98 can feel more power and so far FC up close to 15km/l

May be like other bro suggest, I will try other petrol stations like Caltex or Esso

Twincharged

What’s the mileage for shuttle hybrid when pump full tank ? If drive in city , I thought electric mode will kicks in and save fuel ?

fuel saving electric mode (or even Eco mode) only springs into action during cruising. 

its the start and stop that eats petrol. so the bloody traffic lights and road hoggers are the ones causing poor FC.

this is bad !! 11-12 kpl ??

Haha bro,like you say "saying only"

Kia FC is not known to be good.

I m driving Kia myself but not k3.

• Praise 1

I pump Ron 95 for my petrol shuttle, normally pump about 37 litre . Can travel about at least 550km or best is 600km.Travel 70% highway

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Haha bro,like you say "saying only"

Kia FC is not known to be good.

I m driving Kia myself but not k3.

well they have pics in their section here ...

I pump Ron 95 for my petrol shuttle, normally pump about 37 litre . Can travel about at least 550km or best is 600km.Travel 70% highway

i use to travel 90% highway .... until they extended and replaced the changi coastal road with the tanah merah coast road.

now i use loyang which means 90% city liow .... and get about 7 kpl ...

when i used changi coast road, i got about 9-10 kpl.

so estimate a loss of 30% fc ... 

* with my scooby

Edited by Ysc3

well they have pics in their section here ...

i use to travel 90% highway .... until they extended and replaced the changi coastal road with the tanah merah coast road.

now i use loyang which means 90% city liow .... and get about 7 kpl ...

when i used changi coast road, i got about 9-10 kpl.

so estimate a loss of 30% fc ...

* with my scooby

You really believe all these?

Want to get that reading very easy one.

How about this?

post-11278-0-70953800-1507254001_thumb.jpg

Twincharged

You really believe all these?

Want to get that reading very easy one.

How about this?

personally i don't see why the other users will need to fab all these data .... its not as if they are selling cars .... ??

anyway, i am just hoping to be able to collect my shuttle 1.5G next monday as handing over my scooby then ....(keeping fingers crossed) ... the SE told me very rush ... dunno can make it or not ...only got 3.5 working days to accessorize from the VITAs approval.

Me has been driving Shuttle 1.5G since April 2016. Average mileage 16.5km/l. Pumped SPC 95 since day 1. No mod on this car except cosmetic. Used 0w20 for regular oil change and mileage now clocked almost 30kkm. 

Recommend every 10-15kkm engine oil change, 30kkm CVT oil change & 40kkm spark plug replacement

Only thing is Shuttle spark plug hard to get...not all auto shop selling.

• Praise 1

personally i don't see why the other users will need to fab all these data .... its not as if they are selling cars .... ??

anyway, i am just hoping to be able to collect my shuttle 1.5G next monday as handing over my scooby then ....(keeping fingers crossed) ... the SE told me very rush ... dunno can make it or not ...only got 3.5 working days to accessorize from the VITAs approval.

Haha,this is not fabricated.

Once you drive highway(no jam) non-stop for half to 45 mins without stopping,you will get all these reading.

Anyway,when you get your car,you will know,lol...

↡ Advertisement