Jump to content
Locknload

Manchester United 2020/21

Recommended Posts

4th Gear

ManU 0 - Ars 1(EPL - Home)

More of possession by Arsenal who were dominant in the 1st half, with our midfield of Fred, Pogba and Bruno rendered ineffective. Nil score at halftime.

A promising start in the 2nd half with 2 tries in the first minute of play until Pogba gave away a penalty in committing a silly foul on Bellerin in the box. There were no effective penetration even when Matic, Cavani and Van De Beek came on for Fred, Greenwood and Bruno and Arsenal were the deserving winners in this match - with us blowing hot and cold and a very far cry from the 5 nil showing against Leipzig last Thursday. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
5 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Pogba is way below the 89 million pound worth ....

Whole night, he can be easily robbed off the ball ... [smallcry]

He know it was ogs 100th match incharge.  A present! 😄

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6th Gear

Horribly consistent in being unable to breakdown teams who sit back. Would OGS be able to find a way around teams who sit deep, like Klopp did? He should, sooner rather than later, but i am not too sure he will..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6th Gear

Switched off after half time, the game was going no where and I was looking for revival in 2nd half, and i was dead wrong.

It was Arsenal spirited side looking to cause damage by parking a mini bus . .. yes and it was more than enough till stupid mistake by who else !! How can a footballer let go on a stupid tackle which is no danger in sight. Damn[shakehead]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
4 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

Switched off after half time, the game was going no where and I was looking for revival in 2nd half, and i was dead wrong.

It was Arsenal spirited side looking to cause damage by parking a mini bus . .. yes and it was more than enough till stupid mistake by who else !! How can a footballer let go on a stupid tackle which is no danger in sight. Damn[shakehead]

Someone had said, it's was a surprised gift to OGS for reaching his 100 matches, none other than Pogba ..... :slow:

 

:XD:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6th Gear

Pog has to go one day or another, he is not the usual self, talk too much and not effective at all, he is the virus of the team

Play McTom, Mata and Fred in MF, switch occasionally with Matic/ Mata. Bruno is attacking behind Martial or switch play with Mason and Rashy, Ole did not use Cavani much so was Ighalo, what a waste of talent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear

Manu 1 (Martial) - IFBK 2 (Champions League - Away)

Two goals by Istanbul Basaksehir due to defensive lapses when our defence were caught napping, with Demda Ba allowed to go through all the way from the half line without any last man/marker, when all our backline were at the other half of the field for a corner, compounded by sloppy Maguire losing his man for their 2nd goal. A consolation goal by Martial from Shaw's cross gave us hope towards the end of the 1st half.

The 5 substitutes including Cavani, Pogba, Fosu Mensah and Greenword in the 2nd half could'nt find any opening except for a goaline save giving Istanbul their first win in the group. Next is Everton on Saturday and should it be another loss, it should be time for Woodward to compare the achievements of Lampard and Arteta vs the inconsistent Ole and show him the door if we are to go any further this season! 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
18 hours ago, Locknload said:

Manu 1 (Martial) - IFBK 2 (Champions League - Away)

Two goals by Istanbul Basaksehir due to defensive lapses when our defence were caught napping, with Demda Ba allowed to go through all the way from the half line without any last man/marker, when all our backline were at the other half of the field for a corner, compounded by sloppy Maguire losing his man for their 2nd goal. A consolation goal by Martial from Shaw's cross gave us hope towards the end of the 1st half.

The 5 substitutes including Cavani, Pogba, Fosu Mensah and Greenword in the 2nd half could'nt find any opening except for a goaline save giving Istanbul their first win in the group. Next is Everton on Saturday and should it be another loss, it should be time for Woodward to compare the achievements of Lampard and Arteta vs the inconsistent Ole and show him the door if we are to go any further this season! 

need consistency and also tactics may not be right at times

not sure why good players some how become worse after joining man U

They are really in trouble in the premier league bec except for bottom 3, the rest are able to win matches which means they may be stuck at bottom for a while and have played their worst at home 

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear
14 hours ago, Newbie26 said:

need consistency and also tactics may not be right at times

not sure why good players some how become worse after joining man U

They are really in trouble in the premier league bec except for bottom 3, the rest are able to win matches which means they may be stuck at bottom for a while and have played their worst at home 

Two steps forward (PSG and Leipzig) and 2 steps (or more) backwards, with talisman Bruno looking disillusioned in terms of body-language, his statements and what's become of him lately. Compare the top four (or even six) and where we're at in the standings, or even with Van Gaal / JM who had some silverware to show for and it's clear that giving OGS chances to remain in restructuring the club is not working out. Being tactically inept and unable to bring out the best in his players is ample proof that the rot starts from the top.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
6 hours ago, Locknload said:

Two steps forward (PSG and Leipzig) and 2 steps (or more) backwards, with talisman Bruno looking disillusioned in terms of body-language, his statements and what's become of him lately. Compare the top four (or even six) and where we're at in the standings, or even with Van Gaal / JM who had some silverware to show for and it's clear that giving OGS chances to remain in restructuring the club is not working out. Being tactically inept and unable to bring out the best in his players is ample proof that the rot starts from the top.

agree with your view

But Ole is such a wonderful and positive guy

Hopefully some of these unexplained and unfortunate "curses" after 2013 get broken and not remain like this for another 25-20 years 😲

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear

ManU  3 (Bruno x 2 / Cavani) - Eve 1 (EPL - Away)

Having to be seen more proactive, Ole was at the sidelines dishing out instructions but it was Everton who scored first in the 19th minute. A lovely ball from Shaw found Bruno who headed past Pickford to make it 1-1 and it was again in open-play (instead of penalties) that Bruno scored his brace in the 33rd minute to make it 2-1 in the first half.

Much more gusto in the 2nd half with Tuanzebe, Pogba and Cavani coming on for Shaw, Mata and the ineffective Martial from the 67th minute till Bruno's unselfish pass for a hattrick to Cavani made it 3-1 in the final minute. Ole has got Bruno to thank for, in breathing a sigh of relief and being 10th in the standings.

 

 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
11 hours ago, Locknload said:

ManU  3 (Bruno x 2 / Cavani) - Eve 1 (EPL - Away)

Having to be seen more proactive, Ole was at the sidelines dishing out instructions but it was Everton who scored first in the 19th minute. A lovely ball from Shaw found Bruno who headed past Pickford to make it 1-1 and it was again in open-play (instead of penalties) that Bruno scored his brace in the 33rd minute to make it 2-1 in the first half.

Much more gusto in the 2nd half with Tuanzebe, Pogba and Cavani coming on for Shaw, Mata and the ineffective Martial from the 67th minute till Bruno's unselfish pass for a hattrick to Cavani made it 3-1 in the final minute. Ole has got Bruno to thank for, in breathing a sigh of relief and being 10th in the standings.

 

 

showed more commitment and drive

consistency is key

OGS needs to be more proactive in making tactical changes quickly when things dont go well

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6th Gear

United came alive in the revival period, notwithstanding a on/off new season < football will never be the same as off season pandemic, the planner schedule can never suit one club and play second fiddle to another club, so Ole stop complaining United being treated unfairly on Champion league timetable slot, Most EPL players are mercenary and thy have to live the tight schedule and maintain a professional ststua at all times, Lookimg at past managers of Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho and SAF's era, thy have championed their cause and disgruntled time slot, so let's gear up for the Champions since United came through the front door, fight for it and major all obstacles and stop whining . . .

 

The winners start here and we fans will be rooting you guys . . . Glory days be here again.[thumbsup]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1st Gear

@Meanmachine

Most of the current crop of United players do not possess the desire. United should not have signed Mourinho. He has a personal vendetta against Guardiola. He feels that he needs to prove something to Guardiola. He's behaving like the relative who doesn't want to leave long after the funeral rites have concluded. United need to cash in on Pogba during the summer of 2021. They need to purchase British players such as Jack Grealish from Aston Villa, Longstaff brothers from Newcastle etc. United needs to build up their British core. Once the foundation is strong then they can look for flair players to complete or complement the team.

If you can, do watch Ireland's RTE channel commentary, analysis and discussion on English football. Its very detailed and the Irish are not afraid to shy away from the real questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear
4 hours ago, Newbie26 said:

showed more commitment and drive

consistency is key

OGS needs to be more proactive in making tactical changes quickly when things dont go well

Agree that the changes has to come quicker at the beginning of the 2nd half - Martial was just a passenger for many of the games and expecting him to make magical moments when there's no consistency is like a one hit wonder, impressive but undependable for the long haul just like this win over Everton. Also agree with @keechiu that Pogba - and fellow frenchman Martial should go and allow Cavani / Ighalo, VDB to mesh well into the first eleven.  Looking at the comments and reports, it's not surprising that pundits talk about Liv, MC, Chelsea, Spurs, Ars and Lei gunning for the top six, with no mention of MU being in the mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
6 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

United came alive in the revival period, notwithstanding a on/off new season < football will never be the same as off season pandemic, the planner schedule can never suit one club and play second fiddle to another club, so Ole stop complaining United being treated unfairly on Champion league timetable slot, Most EPL players are mercenary and thy have to live the tight schedule and maintain a professional ststua at all times, Lookimg at past managers of Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho and SAF's era, thy have championed their cause and disgruntled time slot, so let's gear up for the Champions since United came through the front door, fight for it and major all obstacles and stop whining . . .

 

The winners start here and we fans will be rooting you guys . . . Glory days be here again.[thumbsup]

As I have predicted few days. Should not sack Ole. Give him times ..

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×