Car GPS...

Axela525

Waze is damn good in MY

My fren was on the NSH and it alerted accident and he slowed down and just in time.

Really accident and if waze never alert him then he also in the pile up.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
14 minutes ago, bsswan said:

This is the end result of the original Nokia Maps that I started with as Ovi Maps on my E66, even before Google was a thing....... remember then?

Now owned by VW, BMW, MB, Intel, Mitsubishi.

I think Garmin uses Here.

The one reason I switched over to Google Maps and car NAV was because Here didn't/doesn't show lane advice.

With regards Waze, I installed it during my trip to KL a few months back. Now when I plug into into my car, it starts automatically and doesn't switch off 😟 I haven't found how to stop the autostart so I can choose which to use, because i also still have Here installed but rarely used due to lane guidance.

Generally, I use Google Maps as my primary gps navigation, and the others like Here Wego and Waze to complement it in some situations.

Because last times I encountered situations in which Google Maps database was not up-to-date on some newly developed HDB/condo projects and the guidance did not lead me to the block but some arbitrary location along the road. But found that Here Wego was very current and could direct me to the exact apartment block.

Henceforth in those situations  I used the Google Maps for general navigation (as your said, there's lane guidance) and then relied on Here Wego for the final fine-tuning.

Internal Moderator
4 hours ago, Axela525 said:

@kobayashiGT Malaysia use Waze need data...Google maps just download offline maps good to go.

yah. need data. Data very cheap now. Go get a TPG sim card! hahaha. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, Axela525 said:

Anybody using Waze GPS? Sometime like not accurate in guidance.....anybody got a better free GPS software I can use?

Coz Iam doing part time driver...depends on GPS alot. Thanks. Today will try google maps see accurate or not.

so far I have no issue with Waze. Among the few navigation app, waze should still be the best especially if need to navigate among HDB blks to the correct location. Google map won't be as precise within the estate service roads.

• Praise 1

On 7/22/2022 at 7:42 AM, Axela525 said:

Anybody using Waze GPS? Sometime like not accurate in guidance.....anybody got a better free GPS software I can use?

Coz Iam doing part time driver...depends on GPS alot. Thanks. Today will try google maps see accurate or not.

If you are becoming driver by profession, use Apple or Google maps as Waze drains battery and does not work in tunnles like KPE for example.