Interior wrapping

Goldenvodka

(edited)

A quick discussion here.

Vehicle is about 15 years old and the original fabric including fabric chairs are wearing out and start to smell

with about 5 6 years COE left. Any economical way to replace the door panel and seat coverings to fake leather or even plastic for easy maintenance. Not particular about quality just need to be easily wiped off. An example will be like TAXI interior 

wondering if there is any workshop doing these services 

Edited by Goldenvodka
↡ Advertisement

On 4/8/2023 at 8:36 PM, Goldenvodka said:

A quick discussion here.

Vehicle is about 15 years old and the original fabric including fabric chairs are wearing out and start to smell

with about 5 6 years COE left. Any economical way to replace the door panel and seat coverings to fake leather or even plastic for easy maintenance. Not particular about quality just need to be easily wiped off. An example will be like TAXI interior 

You can actually try sgcarmart, under accessories. There are many merchants doing it, just that the price may not be right and finding the right one is tricky. 

Have read similar previous threads and maybe can do another search on the forum for this.

• Praise 1

(edited)

A quick discussion here.

You can send your car to 8 cushion at alaxandra village for an assessment, the VN xmm is quite experience,  or you can go to LGS leather on the 4th floor of vertex building, the teochew  lady boss is friendly too. Discuss with them your preference  and ask for options and  quotation, they can give you an estimate almost immediately, no obligation to take up any deal with them. Theu do have pvc leather but i dont know much cheaper would that be because main bulk of the cost goes to labour

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 4

On 4/8/2023 at 9:35 PM, Ct3833 said:

You can send your car to 8 cushion at alaxandra village for an assessment, the VN xmm is quite experience,  or you can go to LGS leather on the 4th floor of vertex building, the teochew  lady boss is friendly too. Discuss with them your preference  and ask for options and  quotation, they can give you an estimate almost immediately, no obligation to take up any deal with them. Theu do have pvc leather but i dont know much cheaper would that be because main bulk of the cost goes to labour

My advise is dun use fake leather! In our hot weather the fake leather is “hotter “ and if perspires it “stick” to skin.

even indoor seating in PVC sofa is a nightmare 

• Praise 6

Twincharged
(edited)
On 4/9/2023 at 12:04 PM, D3badge said:

My advise is dun use fake leather! In our hot weather the fake leather is “hotter “ and if perspires it “stick” to skin.

even indoor seating in PVC sofa is a nightmare 

Agree 100% about pvc leather.

8cushion used to be reasonable in price. But have found them rather expensive now. I know that also do fabric but have a more limited material choice. 
I would go to sin hock hin at sin Ming. He repadded my car seat foam, with my own supplied foam from another seat and it was well done. you can ask for fabric I think. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 4

Twincharged

A quick discussion here.

Just clean the door fabric with carpet cleaner. 
for the seats just buy seat covers. Cheapest! 

• Praise 4

(edited)

If i were TS, i would think that 5 years is a jolly long time to enjoy a reasonable quality interior, instead of making do with PVC or plastic. 

Edited by Toeknee_33

A quick discussion here.

Jackspeed.

http://jackspeed.com/JackSpeed-Contact-Us-customize-leather-seat-leather-upholstery-leather-manufacturer-Jackspeed-Group-leather-trims-automotive-seat-leather

Pvc, fabric or leather will be "hot" unless your car comes with ventilated seats. haha...

Start to smell is it becos of the floor mats? Or aircon? Usually these two. When it rains frequently your shoes bring along the water onto the floor mats they will smell. Especially those hairy floor mats. Aircon been running for 15 years have you ever bring it for chemical wash?

Edited by Watwheels

On 4/10/2023 at 5:36 PM, Goldenvodka said:

@Watwheels 

aircon was regularly serviced with filter change: no smell coming from AC. Very obvious when I smell the chair it’s smelly lol

Do you shower or not?

Twincharged
On 4/10/2023 at 5:36 PM, Goldenvodka said:

@Watwheels 

aircon was regularly serviced with filter change: no smell coming from AC. Very obvious when I smell the chair it’s smelly lol

shampoo and wet and dry vacuum the seats. can easily DIY if you have access to power.

• Praise 1

On 4/10/2023 at 6:02 PM, Mkl22 said:

shampoo and wet and dry vacuum the seats. can easily DIY if you have access to power.

@Goldenvodka this is a better solution than just wrap over the smelly fabric...which I suspect will be smelly also...