Hitman Neutral Newbie July 24, 2003 Share July 24, 2003 (edited) Relate to you something that happened this morning that narrowly missed me. Cannot tell you exactly where as one of the drivers has my namecard as I volunteer to be a witness. Right turn .... I am third in line , with a Mitsubishi Lancer GLXi in front of me and a spanking BRAND NEW Toyota Vios heading the frontline. Dun know whats wrong with the VIOS lady driver ..... green arrow come out , she never move. I honk, the man in the Mitsu in front honk .... then arrow starts blinking and then she started moving, but too late. So she stopped in the middle. PANIC liaoz ... Luckily the Mitsu and I have not moved .... so she hit reverse and backed up .... without looking at pedestrians crossing behind. Just suka suka reverse, almost hit 2 pedestrians. One of the man knocked on her boot .... PANIC .... she kalang kabut. Kept looking behind whilst the man whilst continuing to cross kept staring at her. Then I notice ... this lady hor still in reverse gear as the lights were still engaged. In her panic, I think she forgot to engage Drive mode. I dun know whether the Mitsu in front noticed or not. Right arrow came up .... and she hit the throttle and BANG !!! she went full reverse and HIT the Mitsubishi smack in the bonnet. Wah Lau eh ... I think the Mitsu has Drive engaged so he hardly moved , heng ah or else sure back up and hit me !! I thought .... wat the F&^% !! The Mitsu was very angry and I dun blame him. I mean , she could easily reverse the story and say the Mitsu hit him right ?? Thus I volunteered my namecard to the man and told him that if he needed a witness, I'd be one for him so that the stories dun change. His radiator confirm GONEZZZ , front damage was quite bad. Pity the fella. As for the lady .... all I can say is .... HAI YAH !! Brand new car ... only 1 month old I think This I think is one of the stupidest incidents I have seen in a long while. Edited July 24, 2003 by Hitman ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chippz Neutral Newbie July 24, 2003 Share July 24, 2003 pity the Mit driver... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seansene 1st Gear July 24, 2003 Share July 24, 2003 (edited) I can think of quite a few stereotypes this incident conforms to, but I shan't say at the moment... Edited July 24, 2003 by Seansene Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gadgeter 2nd Gear July 24, 2003 Share July 24, 2003 Ya man... kayu driver.... You have done well, volunteered to be a witness. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hitman Neutral Newbie July 24, 2003 Author Share July 24, 2003 I know what you mean bro ..... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sunnyvip Neutral Newbie July 24, 2003 Share July 24, 2003 Hi Hitman I sincerely respect you for your civic-mindedness and righteousness. Typical of S'poreans to run away from the first sight of trouble (sorry if I have offended anyone)and the unwillingness to be witnesses due to the trouble and implications involved, after reading your volunteering to be a witness...I must say you are indeed a rare breed... I admit I do not frequently log into MCF to post messages but after reading your post, I felt I have to salute you through this message. Would be more wonderful if we have this kind of samaritans in S'pore... Take care! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Renegade Neutral Newbie July 24, 2003 Share July 24, 2003 ...and I thought such things only happened in M'sia. But, really, to you for coming forward for the Mitsu driver Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hitman Neutral Newbie July 24, 2003 Author Share July 24, 2003 Thank you for the compliments ... Its nothing lar .... I just think that people like to change stories about accidents when they go report to the insurance companies. The one I saw today is one that I think is very interchangeable where the perceptions and stories are concerned. Volunteering is nothing lah .... no problem at all. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hitman Neutral Newbie July 24, 2003 Author Share July 24, 2003 Eh bro ... where u disappear to ... solong neber hear from you ?? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Toybabe Neutral Newbie July 24, 2003 Share July 24, 2003 Well done bro But that lady driver makes us malu only Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hitman Neutral Newbie July 24, 2003 Author Share July 24, 2003 ALAMAK !! Dun call me bro lah ... call me DARLING !! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
King 1st Gear July 24, 2003 Share July 24, 2003 like tat also k.... new car some more Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Toybabe Neutral Newbie July 24, 2003 Share July 24, 2003 Four kiddies and a potential twin still cheeko.... wah these few days you have interesting experiences on the road eh... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jazziegirl Clutched July 24, 2003 Share July 24, 2003 Wow! must have been such a sight! Good thing u were there, else the Mit Driver has no chance. Just curious, the Vios din have a P plate, did it? wonder if the lady will still drive or give up... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Soya Supersonic July 24, 2003 Share July 24, 2003 sounds like a full-blown case of kayudrivertitis. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hitman Neutral Newbie July 24, 2003 Author Share July 24, 2003 No lah .... no P-plate. But lady very blur blur type one ... middle aged around 40++. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hitman Neutral Newbie July 24, 2003 Author Share July 24, 2003 Ya lah , but this experience is beyond my control. Just a spectator. ... the other with the VAN, I sorta created out of my own free will. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hitman Neutral Newbie July 24, 2003 Author Share July 24, 2003 "kayudrivertitis" Let me check with Mike whether got medication for this type of sickness or not ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Reverse/backup camera with dashcam recording function
Reverse/backup camera with dashcam recording function
'protection' against door bang
'protection' against door bang
Banned!! ... on advertisements of SSB with very high sugar content
Banned!! ... on advertisements of SSB with very high sugar content
Car fails to reverse out of HDB car park lot after 12 tries
Car fails to reverse out of HDB car park lot after 12 tries
Honda civic FD4 gearbox issue
Honda civic FD4 gearbox issue
Reverse Problem
Reverse Problem
Installing reverse camera on my New Toyota Vios
Installing reverse camera on my New Toyota Vios
Reverse sensor
Reverse sensor