Car fails to reverse out of HDB car park lot after 12 tries

Jammy_buttons

(edited)

Eh use eyes and judge lor

https://www.facebook.com/donald.liew.7/videos/10156758079144686/

I think the driver is in panic mode. Whatever he/she attempted to do just made his/her car go even nearer to the side of the van.

Yeah. He/she should have stopped. Get out of the car and take a deep breath before continuing Edited by Jammy_buttons

Its quite comical. But when i was younger, once i was stuck while trying to park head in between 2 cars at the T2 airport (took over after he left for a trip).

Really took me several mins trying to judge whether i could reverse out without issue (my mum was in the car but she's not a driver so can't ask her to eyeball).

Since then, i only head in park in australia  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Yeah. He/she should have stopped. Get out of the car and take a deep breath before continuing

It's not going to be easy to exit his/her own car since the driver side of the door is so close to the van.

Park head in and reverse out from a tight area indeed not that easy. But this car the surrounding no cars behind and the carpark is not tight and narrow, wonder why fails to reverse out le?  :blink:

Yeah. He/she should have stopped. Get out of the car and take a deep breath before continuing

The problem is he/she could not open the car door, how to get out... Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

My experience.

I once drove to a condo so I dropped someone off at the drop off point. Problem was I misjudged a pillar and my rear right door was against the pillar.

When I tried to inch forward the door was scraped. When I reversed the car was scraped. It took me a while to figure out how to reverse out cos no matter what i did, the door would still scrape against the wall (not like you reverse the rear door will move away from the pillar).

After that experience I am super sensitive to narrow spaces.

Most important lesson is you MUST always have a safe gap. If like in this video, but my car is already pressing against the van (not sure how close is the wish to the van with no video from the other side), I might also not be able to reverse out safely cos no matter what I do the car will scrape against the van and when there is a scrape the instinct is that it's the wrong way.

Even if the gap is a few cm, you can move millimetre by millimetre to see if you are moving correctly but if you are already scraping it's hard to assess.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 1

My experience.

I once drove to a condo so I dropped someone off at the drop off point. Problem was I misjudged a pillar and my rear right door was against the pillar.

When I tried to inch forward the door was scraped. When I reversed the car was scraped. It took me a while to figure out how to reverse out cos no matter what i did, the door would still scrape against the wall (not like you reverse the rear door will move away from the pillar).

After that experience I am super sensitive to narrow spaces.

I drove a van same thing. I just drive forward and just suck up the scrape.

Lucky for me the van was going to be scrapped soon so heng

I dunno how others learn how to make a simple turn.

For me my instructor taught me that once the pillar or pole (ref point) passed my shoulder I can start turning the steering. Whether it's u-turn or 90degrees left/right turn.

Many drivers I see dunno or forget. You can tell they turn too early and scrape the side of their cars or scrape their rims/tires.

I dunno how others learn how to make a simple turn.

For me my instructor taught me that once the pillar or pole (ref point) passed my shoulder I can start turning the steering. Whether it's u-turn or 90degrees left/right turn.

Many drivers I see dunno or forget. You can tell they turn too early and scrape the side of their cars or scrape their rims/tires.

Problem is the condo drop off point was very narrow and I was u turning in as opposed to coming from opposite direction and turning left. If I did not turn early my left bumper might be scraping the other side.

Yeah but lesson learned. After that time I waited for my friend in the parking lot instead of drop off point.

Rather than use he or she, i would use 'it" would have to go to the other door side (climb over) the gear box and come out of the pax door

• Praise 2