Bouncy Ride...

Zsr19

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

My family complaining that they having bouncy ride in my old CB lancer whenever the road is not smooth especially during the fast expressway journey.

Is my suspension failing? [confused]

Anyone advise how to solve it?

thks

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

How old are the shock absorbers? May be time to get them changed.

When the shocks looses their damping, the car would be riding on the springs which causes the car to bounce continuosly after bumos on the roads.

Shocks could also seize up and provide little or no damping forces and this would lead to harsh rides.

Edited by Racmark

Neutral Newbie

Ok, i will try the suspension test this evening. I suppose the previous car owner never change the shock absorber after 12 years. [:(]

Btw, how much is the shock absorber? any recommended brand for my car? thks

Neutral Newbie

if you just got your ride and you don;t know the maintenance history of the car, perhaps you might want to change the shocks.

average priced absorbers should cost between 60 and above per piece at the stockist.

i've heard a lot about Konis shocks. maybe can consider that?

finally made up my mind to get koni yellows for my '01 Civic too.

anybody has recommendations for places which offer the best price and service? don't wanna kena [knife]

and as for springs...i'll be getting kg/mm. is there only 1 type of kg/mm for the civic? or are there differences?

Just changed my front shock absorbers,  car stability improved but still not as perfect as before.

The ride still feels a little bouncy.

I suspect the problem could be rear shock absorbers, or could also just be due to unbalanced tyres.

Is there anyway to tell them apart?

Recently, I change all 4 shocks because of front shock mounting cracked.

After change, I realised that previous shock bottom out over last 1 years.

Change all 4 shocks together is the best choice.

• Praise 1

hi guys,  Good day to u ..

Got a new ride from borneo, prius plus MPV just a week ago. Just feel the ride seems to be quite bumpy even with stock rims. In comparison, my previous 12 yr old MPV was a tad better . 

My concern is not understeering or body roll. Its just feels bumpy. Any advice bros? and will it affect the wty from the agent if i install any strut, sway bars ?

Anyway thanks in advance, cheers.

6 hours ago, Pr1nse said:

Got a new ride from borneo, prius plus MPV just a week ago. Just feel the ride seems to be quite bumpy even with stock rims. In comparison, my previous 12 yr old MPV was a tad better . 

My concern is not understeering or body roll. Its just feels bumpy. Any advice bros? and will it affect the wty from the agent if i install any strut, sway bars ?

What is your tire pressure? 

Firstly, try lowering your tires' pressure if you find the ride is too harsh. 

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

What is your tire pressure? 

Firstly, try lowering your tires' pressure if you find the ride is too harsh. 

Follow factory recommended tire pressure.

That's minimum requirement.

Make sure tyre pressure is pumped up to factory recommended pressure.

Many auto makers now install firmer/lower suspensions and larger wheels compared to 10, 20 years ago, all in the name of looks and sporty drive. That's the main reason for the harsh ride. Easiest thing to do is don't over inflate the tyres.  And next time when replacing tyres go for a comfort biased set with soft side walls. 

On 1/15/2021 at 9:35 AM, inlinesix said:

Make sure tyre pressure is pumped up to factory recommended pressure.

yeah it is  bro,  240 as recommended by agent

On 1/15/2021 at 9:45 AM, Volvobrick said:

Many auto makers now install firmer/lower suspensions and larger wheels compared to 10, 20 years ago, all in the name of looks and sporty drive. That's the main reason for the harsh ride. Easiest thing to do is don't over inflate the tyres.  And next time when replacing tyres go for a comfort biased set with soft side walls. 

yeah , well maybe it sounds right . On the other hand, my previous ride stock was 15" n the new is 16". Im just trying to make some sense to myself , but i cant with an 1" difference. But anyways, tks for the tips bro. would come in handy when i need to change tyres.

↡ Advertisement