My Royal Purple oil analysis results are out!

Genie47

The wear metals are low. So the oil is doing its job. The Ca, Na and P are actually from the additives in the oil. The main concerns are the Fe, Cr and Cu.

The nitration and oxidation are rather high. This might be the result of the fuel dilution. The strange thing is that the viscosity @100 is increased! This oil is supposed to have a viscosity @100 around 8.5.

The main concern now is to solve the fuel dilution which can come mainly from piston rings that are not seated. But I have the car running past 10k already! The other factor that might lead to this is that the fuel management system is running too rich.

Hi Genie, i'm no expert but i really doubt its the fuel management system because after >4% fuel dilution in the oil, the oil actually thicken up to 9.7 from 8.7 cSt? It actually doesn't make sense, could it be Lab error? Is it possible to ask Terry to reburn your oil sample again to confirm its accuracy?

Edited by Trex101

He did comment that it is strange that the oil thickened up in response to the dilution. Anyway, he said he likes the oil. The protection is so far so very good for 5k and he recommends to double the OCI since the TBN is 7.0.

BTW, check this thread in BITOG. Got Amsoil dealer come and sabo RP laugh.gif.

Edited by Genie47