Toyota Picnic Vs Nissan Prairie

Undecissive

Hello,

I have been toying around the idea of changing my current Nissan Sunny to an MPV. I cannot decide between a Nissan Prairie or a Toyota Picnic. Personally I prefer Toyota Picnic. However, the price difference is about S$10K. Why so different ? Anyone any good idea ?

Any opinion on these two cars for my reference ?

Thanks a million.

Like my name says...I'm Undecissive. shakehead.gifdizzy.gif

↡ Advertisement

Did check the OMV with the Nissan agent. I'm confused here, maybe someone can help me.

Toyota's OMV is about 27K. Nissan's is about 19K. Difference is about 8K. If I compare that to the purchase price directly, looks like it is more worth it buying Toyota.

However, according to the Nissan Agent, if we scrap the car, we only take back 55% of the OMVs. In Toyota's case, it will be about 15K, in Nissan's case, it will be about 11K. Difference is closer of about 4K. Not much. Is this correct ?

Also, can anyone advise on the Performance of these two cars ? More importantly, we've heard different opinions of both cars in terms of Fuel consumption. Anyone with any real life experience ?

Appreciate your help.

in terms of space and looks..the pairie loses picnic hands down.no fight at all...i wld chose a picnic anitime..and wnt try to save dat few k and get a car that loses out in terms of looks and size compare to the picnic..go for the picnic..u wnt go wrong [thumbsup]

Wait for the new line of Nissan models to come out soon. One of them is the Presage, a new mpv and then you will have a better choice. If you're the 1st owner of yr sunny, you also enjoy $500 discount upfront.

↡ Advertisement