Jump to content

AMSOIL rocks!


PowerRanger
 Share

Recommended Posts

hi, i'm driving an altis and i've changed to shell helix syn oil during 5K servicing. i intend to change to either mobil1 or AMSOIL 5w30 at 10K, plus filter.

 

 

Hi Admin,

 

What would you recommend for Vios 07?

 

Is it advisable to change it at 5K servicing?

 

Please pm me your recommendation and price.

 

Tks.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

bro, im still on RP 5/30 on my 80+K kms ride

 

Hepi n still hv few qrts to tide me thru 100k before i chg to M1 10/40, bought at Giant $12.80 during promo tat time. Sori dun hv da one u request...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Do you observe any improvement in fuel consumption after switching to Shell Helix during 5K servicing.

 

Tks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya I saw the promo for the M1. I sud have got some too. [:(]

 

Anyway I might just fill with cantlube 5w40 which is on promo now for $28.90/5 lit. Much cheaper than RP anyway. [thumbsup]

 

I also considering 5w30 but worried if I use cantlube, it might shear down to a 20weight oil by the time it reaches 10K km. [sweatdrop]

 

I might also get Toyota Type-IV for the ATF change. Also much cheaper than the Max ATF. [thumbsup]

Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm a novice driver and been only driving for less than a year. after changing to helix at 5k, the pickup slightly faster. overall the car seems slightly more power and smoother. FC wise, i think about the same, depends on how you drive.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The heavy lubes from RP and Redline are very highly rated. Can't go wrong with them. I'm using Redline MTL. Was on RP's Maxgear 75W90.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Me driving Kia Cerato manual. Wan to maintain the car well in case Korean car fails me in less then 5 yrs. :P you have other suggestions other then what Genie mentioned? [:)]

 

jemjem

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

for manual transmission fluid, can advise on which to use?

 

thanks

Can try Redline MTL + Redline MT-90. wink.gif That way its not too thick and not too thin. tongue.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your Kia Cerato need 2.15L of 75w85 GL-4 manual gear oil, I would recommend same as Octopus 50/50 Redline MTL and MT-90.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...