Jump to content

Should I get an AVEO???


Benson
 Share

Recommended Posts

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi All:

 

Pardon my 1st posting as a non-chevy owner as I am still wondering I should get an AVEO.

 

This will be my 1st car, and cost (more rather value for $$$) is important.

 

Been searching around for cheaper car and found AVEO, so far this car feels better than Toyato VIOS, also too many VIOS on the road... [jawdrop] Being a tall person (more than 1.85) i appreciated AVEO's height and smaller steering wheel (my legs go in easier) the smaller size also means i can manuevour better.

 

Considering getting the Sedan Auto Premium package at 53K but too many negative voices from my friends[thumbsdown]:

 

1. AVEO is a korean car made in Thailand, personally i am fine with that coz Honda and Toyato also from Thailand, but some mentioned the maintenance cost for korean car is quite high and spare parts harder to find. Is that true?

 

2. The re-sale value of AVEO is much lower than Jap cars? even if both's purchase price are the same?

 

3. Korean car's Fuel Consumption very high? Read report online that AVEO owner getting 9km to 10km per L. That's quite low for a compact car. Can existing owner of AVEO comment on the FC? I dun expect toyato's level of FC, but at least something reasonable.

 

4. The package the SE offers for my 53K comes with reverse sensor, no mention of immobiliser and car alarm, he wanted to charge me additional $650 for Sun-kool (v-kool type) good bargain? Can I ask for car alarm?

 

Alternatively, I have been considering Kia Magentis, it is around 63K for a 2L car, quite nice interior with reasonable power...

 

Thanx in advance for any valuable comments!

Edited by Benson
↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Go ahead with the Aveo..thumbsup.gif

BTW, Aveo is an American brand made in korea, not Thailand.

If you are considering driving the car for full 10 years, then u should not be worrying abt the resale value..

Link to post
Share on other sites

You considering cheap car or small car? Don't see why your budget can be 63k, but forcusing on Aveo. Don't get me wrong, but you can get a sligthly better car than Aveo. Optra? Or better still 3k more for Jazz (Superior FC, from Japan). But why Magentis? Can't understand. How about Lancer? You and test-drive it, you will feel the different.

 

If you can afford it, I suggest test-drive those higher-ends car. Or else later you start to regret why didn't choose another model. I also test-drived Lancer before I get Kelisa.

 

......

 

Did you actually test-drive Aveo yet? Didn't mention anything about its handling, engine power, things like that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

yeah la...if u can affor 63k y go for magentis?2l somemore.rd tax a lot diff u know.63k can get u jazz...or vios...or lancer...if u on a bidget den get aveo la.but since u consider magentis...i don tink u on a tight budget.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

thanx for the prompt replies.

 

- was told Aveo is a rebranding of Korean car (Daewoo Kalos) under American brand, but the actual car is manufacture in Thailand.

 

- As for my budget, i am looking more for value for $$$ than really cheap, else I wont pick the premium package loh, for 63K it is quite good for 2L car. Anyway can we leave the Kia Magentis aside and discuss on just Aveo?[lipsrsealed]

 

- I just got my license, so the showroom dun allow me to test drive, i depend on a friend to test drive and depend on his feedback. his comment on AVEO is that the handling is good, a little more powerful than VIOS, personally i felt quieter than VIOS and ALTIS, more stable as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Yes, Chevrolet Aveo is a rebranding of Daewoo Kalos under GM. But now it is made in Korea.

Just got license cannot test drive?? Where got such things?? When I booked my Aveo, my SE did not ask for my license at all...If you need a SE, I can intro mine to you....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

 

I am also a first time owner, same situation as you when choosing, either Aveo or Vios. For my budget I can afford a Vios, but after some serious thought feel that Aveo is a better choice (my view). As Aveo not much on the road, quite unique. Vios too many liao, close your eye anyhow point will kena one Vios, hahaha. see this link and decid

 

http://www.aas.com.sg/features/archive/f12033.htm

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Xavier: not first time owner, rather if u pass you TP less than 1 year, there is no insurance coverage if anything happens during the test drive.

 

How about the following?

 

1. AVEO is a korean car made in Thailand, personally i am fine with that coz Honda and Toyato also from Thailand, but some mentioned the maintenance cost for korean car is quite high and spare parts harder to find. Is that true?

 

2. The re-sale value of AVEO is much lower than Jap cars? even if both's purchase price are the same?

 

3. Korean car's Fuel Consumption very high? Read report online that AVEO owner getting 9km to 10km per L. That's quite low for a compact car. Can existing owner of AVEO comment on the FC? I dun expect toyato's level of FC, but at least something reasonable.

 

4. The package the SE offers for my 53K comes with reverse sensor, no mention of immobiliser and car alarm, he wanted to charge me additional $650 for Sun-kool (v-kool type) good bargain? Can I ask for car alarm?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Same same..haha!!

But the main reason why I go for Aveo because I like the hatch design and I could fold the rear seats to have more boot space...thumbsup.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

w the high demand of Chevy, quite soon oso can see more chevy on the road.

since budget allows consider those cars in the 60k range then,

1 cent worth $$,1 cent worth goods

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Hi All:

 

As mentioned, i am more into value rather than down right cheap. So far AVEO's performance is satisfactory, the leg room and height are good for me, the design and the interior finishing (compare to VIOS) are good as well.

 

How about Fuel Consumption? I understand it is not as good as Jap cars but how much difference?

 

Thanx again

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been reading your post and I think you are a little misinformed.

 

1. Aveo is a true blue made in Korea. No Aveos are made in Thailand at all.

 

2. The Vios craps all over the Aveo in the performance department. It has better brakes, more powerful engine for better HP/weight and airbags.

 

3. The Aveo with a manual transmission can get you 13km/L economy. The auto transmission model gets you 11km/L at most.

 

4. The turning circle of the car is very small. Comparable to the Starlet I had and this car just exploits all the gaps in traffic much to the chagrin of other drivers.

 

5. Sedan version is worth it because it has the boot space of a 1.6L car.

 

6. Resale? Not in this department. You got to own this car longer to reap the benefits of its budget pricing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged

i have been flipping through the ads....

 

no ads on aveo/kalos for resale...

 

wonder if its because the car is good or because the resale value too low no one bother to sell it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Nope becoz the car is still new....ppl still Vroom vroom in it song song...hehehe

Edited by Bleu
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged

not really leh.....kalos not that new already.....

 

cars in sg can be resold as early as 2nd year of age......so its kind of surprising to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same reason why you don't see Daewoo Lanos selling as well I guess or there is no more Daewoo subsection in the classifieds anymore laugh.gif. Company is gone!

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...