Jump to content

Doubts on engine oil


Dennisk
 Share

Recommended Posts

Neutral Newbie
[rolleyes] I dun think it will be any problem... but bear in mind if u use a less weighted oil of course the wear protection is less and noise from engine will be slightly higher... [shakehead] But FC will improved... hee hee... up to u.... [hur]
Link to post
Share on other sites

currently using caltex super syn (previous owner used one)...was thinking of using 0W30 series 2000...what i read from this forum is that people experience more quite ride.... [confused]

Link to post
Share on other sites

[rolleyes] I dun think it will be any problem... but bear in mind if u use a less weighted oil of course the wear protection is less and noise from engine will be slightly higher... [shakehead] But FC will improved... hee hee... up to u.... [hur]

 

You see, mobil one claimed that their 5W30 is a product of anti-wear technology so its rather confusing to egt different feedback.

 

Regards,

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Amsoil Series 2000 is really good. My car is new and I used to average <600km for each fill up. Now I get >700km. I believe the stock oil was 40, and Series 2000 is a 30 oil. However, you may want to find out more regarding using a 30 oil for a slightly older car.

Edited by Hacker
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

yoz guys, im new 2 cars...recently juz got a 2nd handhonda esi 2 drive, thinkin of doing some servicing liao,,,any advice on e motor oil, coolent & battery??? anyone got gd workshop tt wun treat me as carrot 2 intro??

 

thkzz guyz [angel]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Personally I think that while the car's age and mileage can be used as a rough guide for what oil to use, in the end it still depends heavily on yr engine's condition. In my case, altho' my bro's Iswara is 7.5 yrs old with 91+k km mileage, I'm still using Pennzoil 10W-30 oil in it without any problems like oil consumption. Used to use the ACE 5W-30 but had to switch since ACE JB shut down. Oh yeah, I've also been using Bardahl-1 for a few yrs. Some call it snake oil, but I still believe in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

paiseh,,,

too used to it b'cos been typing in msn also,

will take note in future [blush]

Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone on mobil side?

 

Me using the Mobil1 gold 0w40 engine oil man. Engine very smooth and good man

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...