New Car - polishing and waxing method?

Grix17

5 years is a long time... who knows what may happen by then. I have been approached by a company that offers similar but have to pay for "maintenance" only then the warranty exists...

can i check what purpose is it used for? maybe can get one from you, looking to try out new stuff for DIY...

if the product so good why need to pay maintenance. as what you said 5yr so long wait the company close down how. it is always like that.

↡ Advertisement

if the product so good why need to pay maintenance. as what you said 5yr so long wait the company close down how. it is always like that.

point made. any lobang you would recommend then?

point made. any lobang you would recommend then?

if u follow this thread. i recommended a product from tao bao. another bro also recommend some diy product i think worth consideration.

My coating also very good.

Bird shit get stained easily

And must use machine to buff it off thru the grooming company

Eh... maybe my coating better.

After removing the bird poo,  some will leave a stubborn stain behind on the surface. 

Just leave it in the sun and it will "evaporate" way. 

5 years is a long time... who knows what may happen by then. I have been approached by a company that offers similar but have to pay for "maintenance" only then the warranty exists...

Which is why I choose a PPS that don't require me to go back. 

Likely 5 years I will re-spray and re-coat. 

For PPS,  the importance is the paint preparation and the application - I left someone else do that while I do the maintenance.

After removing the bird poo,  some will leave a stubborn stain behind on the surface. 

sorry, i didnt make it clear.

what i meant is, even after the coating, water spot and bird stain can be seen easily on the car surface even after the car wash.

regretted paying so much and get such result.

sorry, i didnt make it clear.

what i meant is, even after the coating, water spot and bird stain can be seen easily on the car surface even after the car wash.

regretted paying so much and get such result.

Actually depends on how much neglect.

I would say it is price vs performance.

IIRC,  I should have paid less than $500.

DIY car wash actually quite a hassle despite my many hardware/tools - maybe I want super clean.  But usually is the time factor. 

Edited by Kklee
  • Praise 1

After removing the bird poo, some will leave a stubborn stain behind on the surface.

Sound so Tok kong. Care to share what coating?

After removing the bird poo, some will leave a stubborn stain behind on the surface.

Mine is Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0

Now no longer available.   The present one is Opti-Coat Pro or something.

Now no longer available.   The present one is Opti-Coat Pro or something.

Now for DIY only got Opti-gloss which bro benny carries. But I am not sure it is same as Opti-coat 2.0 although packaging is same.

The Opticoat Pro/Pro+ only available as professional service by him also.

Now for DIY only got Opti-gloss which bro benny carries. But I am not sure it is same as Opti-coat 2.0 although packaging is same.

Same or not don't know.  Only can use whatever is currently available.

Actually I want to try the Opticoat Pro/Pro+ but I have to find someone to remove the existing Opti-Coat 2.0 (if it is still there  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh] )  and prep the surface first.  

Anyway,   likely have improvement because even the Quick Instant Detailer have improved with Gloss to repel dust. 

Previously, the original QID was a dust magnet.  

The current gloss coat is slightly glossier than the opticoat 2.0.. [thumbsup]

Same or not don't know.  Only can use whatever is currently available.

Actually I want to try the Opticoat Pro/Pro+ but I have to find someone to remove the existing Opti-Coat 2.0 (if it is still there  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh] )  and prep the surface first.  

Anyway,   likely have improvement because even the Quick Instant Detailer have improved with Gloss to repel dust. 

Previously, the original QID was a dust magnet.  

Not easy to rip off 2.0 if is still there.. a friend of mine tried.. really sweat!!

Yes, they have been improving the formula including optiseal, ONR etc.. quite a good range of products from Optimum

Edited by Maddriver

Now no longer available. The present one is Opti-Coat Pro or something.

Got my car coated with Opti. No regret! Edited by Mlee

Got my car coated with Opti. No regret!

Eh... must start buying stuffs already.... [thumbsup]

Optimum Car Wash

Optimum Car Wax

Optimum Leather Vinyl Protector

Optimum Quick Instant Detailer with Gloss

Optimum Opti-Clean

Optimum Opti Seal

Actually right now since it is just coated,  you need a 5L sprayer and some microfiber.

How long it takes to cure? 

Anyone tried the Opti-gloss from bro Benny? Seems like kind of bonding to the base coat unlike normal wax that would just lay on top of it thus could be washed away quickly. The 20ml stock is available at $120. Seems to be the ultimate for DIY coating.

Bought and tried on my new ride. Damn easy to apply. Can't feedback much on the effect longevity as only been 2 weeks. Still blead water with great hydroponic effect. My normal wax product would be gone by now as have been raining the last 2 weeks. Will continue to monitor and see.

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-gloss-coat-paint-coating.html

https://www.optivax.com.sg/products/paint-protection/optimum-gloss-coat.html

It has been a month since I applied Optigloss. Now still have great water beading effect despite almost raining every day.

Highly recommend those who do not want to spend $500 upwards for PPS to get this to DIY yourself. 

post-101253-0-00470500-1506739648_thumb.jpg

It has been a month since I applied Optigloss. Now still have great water beading effect despite almost raining every day.

Highly recommend those who do not want to spend $500 upwards for PPS to get this to DIY yourself.

Is that reflection of your gate?
↡ Advertisement