Best Android Phone with good battery life + dual sim?

SG_Stig

Think Xiaomi Note 3 is a value for money buy if you not into brands etc.

yes, value for money. If we compare apple to apple with other brand... Spec against price... :)

↡ Advertisement

The Verge is starting a deathwatch on Android OEM's... if you ask me, the Chinese manufacturers are doing nicely with the low cost offering and Samsung looks to have the premium stitched up.

Pity though... as I've always thought Sony, HTC and Moto fans have character.

Android OEM death watch: Sony, HTC, and LG edition

If Android OEMs were just that, original equipment manufacturers, their jobs would be much simpler and easier. But in the modern smartphone world, it’s not enough to just design and build new gadgets to a high spec; you have to power them with your own tailored software, you have to support them with updates and security patches, and you have to price them enticingly, too. Not everyone has been doing a particularly good job of this, and as the ranks of Android OEMs continue to swell, escalating competition might push some familiar names out of the game altogether.

Let’s start with Sony, the most endangered species in the Android realm. Sony only really knows how to make premium devices. Over the course of the past three years, its Xperia Z series has evolved at a breakneck pace, going from Z1 to Z5 to the present XZ, but it’s never changed in character. The typical Xperia flagship phone costs a lot and has the latest specs and an eye-catching design, but it also tends to launch without the latest Android on board, and its great camera is usually hamstrung by bad software. That’s exactly what I experienced with the Xperia XZ at IFA this year: beautiful on the outside, high engineering on the inside, but outdated Android and unconvincing camera software.

Sony phones are pretty, but also expensive and late

As a fan of Sony, it pains me to watch the company repeat the same mistakes every year. The new XZ arrives in October with specs and software equivalent to the ultra-affordable Xiaomi Mi 5 of this spring or this summer’s excellent OnePlus 3. So the XZ is thus late to the party, more expensive, and, other than that handsome four-letter brand, not unique in any meaningful way. Better alternatives also exist in Sony’s self-selected premium tier, where the iPhone 7, with its freshly minted iOS 10, is going on sale this week, following record presales in the United States. By next month, Google will be serving up its own new phones with the latest Android on board, and Sony’s efforts will barely register as a bleep on phone buyers’ radar.

By this point next year, I’m not convinced that we’ll have a Sony Xperia flagship to talk about. Sony has gone from reorganizing and streamlining its mobile business to pretty much shrinking it out of existence.

HTC can’t even afford to host launch events anymore

Similarly dire things can be said of HTC, the company that once defined the cutting edge of Android smartphones, but which has now engaged most of its energies and time in developing the promising Vive VR headset. What has HTC’s mobile division done in 2016? Well, it launched the HTC 10, an undeniably well built device with some of the best audio equipment around, great performance, and a very solid camera. And it priced that slab of new technology at a princely $699. Nice phone plus high price hasn’t equaled many sales, but HTC truly compounded its woes with a horribly uncompetitive midrange offering: the Desire 530 and 630 launched at MWC this year were out-specced in practically every way by cheaper Chinese alternatives.

At IFA this month, HTC announced a One A9s, which, staggeringly enough, was a downgrade on last year’s One A9, with its lower screen resolution and other cutbacks justified by the premise of bringing premium aluminum unibody design to the mass market. It wasn’t even an hour later that Huawei buried the A9s with its own aluminum unibody Nova phones, both of which have generous batteries and up-to-date processors. HTC is being lapped by more agile and cost-effective rivals, and its traditional advantage of having better design has basically evaporated. As of this year, HTC’s biggest cost-cutting innovation has been to conduct "virtual" launch events via online live streams.

• Praise 3

Sony should just go into W10M. It fits Sony design language better.

I really can't understand why W10M is failing... seeing that the cost of the OS from MS is negligible. 

Microsoft and it various botched attempts to re-think, re-engineer, re-launch has a lot to do with it maybe. 

I doubt anyone can do Windows Phone (or is Mobile now?) successfully... I don't think even MS is going to continue... let's see what they do with the rumoured Surface phone.

Back to Sony... they were so far ahead of the hardware curve for so long... as long as the hardware didn't need a software component or a software update... 'cos their software division seriously sucked. I had one of

post-46412-0-09642700-1474087447.jpg

• Praise 2

I wished it could succeed. It has a more balance approach, zen-like UI while affording some customisation. 

After switching to Android for a week, I am having cold turkey even with installed MS Arrow launcher. [:(] 

I keep going back to W10M.

But, there's so long I can hold on to the ageing 1520 with bloated battery/popped screen.

The switch is inevitable as WM is concentrating on corporate, not consumer.

Then again, I wish MS good luck 'cos many corporations are switching away from MS to Google and Apple. My company will be switching all computers to Mac from Windows soon.

I really can't understand why W10M is failing... seeing that the cost of the OS from MS is negligible. 

Microsoft and it various botched attempts to re-think, re-engineer, re-launch has a lot to do with it maybe. 

I doubt anyone can do Windows Phone (or is Mobile now?) successfully... I don't think even MS is going to continue... let's see what they do with the rumoured Surface phone.

Back to Sony... they were so far ahead of the hardware curve for so long... as long as the hardware didn't need a software component or a software update... 'cos their software division seriously sucked. I had one of

• Praise 1

Back to Sony... they were so far ahead of the hardware curve for so long... as long as the hardware didn't need a software component or a software update... 'cos their software division seriously sucked. I had one of ðð¼ these ð they sucked when it came to managing music

I used to be a sony fan ... but every phone i bought always ended in disappointment. Like what you posted today , you will find their offering in the phone half hearted .

That 2006 phone ... the adapter was a bad design. You put the fone in the pocket , just walk ard or sit down , it will drop off.

• Praise 10

my xperia z served me well, but i can't stand software buttons. Much happier with buttons that don't change location when u switch from portrait to landscape lol.

The Verge is starting a deathwatch on Android OEM's... if you ask me, the Chinese manufacturers are doing nicely with the low cost offering and Samsung looks to have the premium stitched up.

Pity though... as I've always thought Sony, HTC and Moto fans have character.

am a Sony fan. still using Xperia Z.  [sunny]

• Praise 3

I used to be a sony fan ... but every phone i bought always ended in disappointment. Like what you posted today , you will find their offering in the phone half hearted .

That 2006 phone ... the adapter was a bad design. You put the fone in the pocket , just walk ard or sit down , it will drop off.

The Sony phone now from z series onwards actually quite good. Good battery life, snappy, water and dust resistant. Currently using z5 no regret.

• Praise 3

The Sony phone now from z series onwards actually quite good. Good battery life, snappy, water and dust resistant. Currently using z5 no regret.

i stopped at the first gen Xperia ... maybe will go see see their new phone. 

if no good I claim from @yewheng  hor  :XD:

• Praise 10

Neutral Newbie

I do not think so that ,It's also not durable