Komoco damages my NEW Pioneer HU

Freezy

Komoco damages my NEW Pioneer HU  

54 members have voted

1. 1.

• $500 and nothing less
    • Replace new HU and nothing less
    • Accept anything out of their goodwill?!

Neutral Newbie

I echo what many others have said. Deal with Komoc ONLY. Demand that they replace the headunit as it is before it was damaged. No more no less. Stress the inconvenience they have caused you and that you have not even started to claim for your time and trouble. WTF!

Dimwits!

SG still has a LOOOOOOOOONNG way to go in terms of customer service. Customer service does not only mean customer facing staff like sales or service staff. Even the backroom people like mechanics and technicians have to think customer service. I find that is where service is also seriously lacking and no attention to detail. Job done with the wrong tool and in a haphazard manner. Totally unprofessional. Duh!

↡ Advertisement

bring the issue to CASE and hv them resolve for you.

KOMOCO is liable for the action of her subcontractor or representatives. as far as you r concerned, you need not be interested who tom, richard or hairy they call to do and faulted.

You dun even hv to bother with the rest. talk to you SE and ask to speak to his manager.

dont ask for $ 1st... just tell them u want the HU to be in same exact condition as when u brought it in, no more, no less

I concur with your approach. I am exasperate at the non-chalant attitude of the Komocco rep. Would suggest to go and see direct the Chairman, that Tampines Rover guy.

u are right to ask as they did not respect the owner property and should teach them a hard lesson which they will never forget,bro!!!just do it!!sly.gif

Neutral Newbie
...... My foot, my knowledge of law tells me that komoco has a duty of care, even he sub-contract the work to others!...

If you can accept your scratched HU, accept some compensation like $200. That would be easiest to achieve.

I am no lawyer but I remember a case where resident/owners of a condo sued the developer for some lousy work and maintenance of their condo. The developer defended they engaged a qualified contractor to do the job.

Final verdict, judge say developer already did his duty of care by appointing a qualified contractor, the residents/owner should sue the contractor directly.

Reasoning tells me otherwise, but that's the law.

Any lawyers want to comment?

Edited by Jimmyl

Neutral Newbie

i think komoco should be held responsible. Its not your problem if they fix your stuff themself or sub-contract it out. u send the car to Komoco.

Tell the manager, if he goes to the restaurant and find the fish not fresh and got slight food poisoning, the restaurant manager tell u its the supplier fault, then the supplier tell u its the fisherman fault, u go after the fisherman? No u sue the restaurant.

take the $500 and keep ur current HU...can either tradein for new and better 1, or continue to use it and keep the $500 for other uses

Let's say action is taken and you are happy with your compensation, but how would you feel if Komoco and the sub-contractor take action internally against the poor guy who accidentally spoil your HU could be taking just S$1200 a month and have to wake up 5 in the morning everyday so he won't be caught up in the jam at the causeway? I'm not saying you shouldn't take action against Komoco. Afterall it's just a HU, just send for repairs and ask them to pay for the repairs. [;)]

u'r a beri kind soul... but since Komoco blame it on the sub-con... then let them be dealt wif... dun think they'll compensate the whole HU la, mayb juz the head plate or sm kinda of compensation ($$). they might nt engage these sub-con anymor onli if repeated mistakes... usual commercial thinking...

(edited)

the sub-con called up... he said if I can compromise... as the faceplate had to be shipped from Japan.. local pioneer had no stocks of it... and have to wait for 6 weeks...

i said i will call up pioneer to confirm on this

now my concern is.. why should i go through all these hassels...

1) drive around for 6 weeks with deface HU

2) go back to komoco to have my HU taken out, so they can send to pioneer to repair/change faceplate

3) drive around a few days without music and an ugly hole

4) go back to komoco to fix back the HU

5) have to settle for something not so 'new'??

and the time/petrol involved??

[bounce1]

Edited by Freezy

Bro, live and let live lahz... I also kena lots of unnecessary inconveniences and money wastage due to my car accident although it's no fault of mine.. Have to face up to possible health implications in the future somemore. As long you get your stuff back in original condition can liaoz..

For my frnez case, he brought along his engine oil for change. after a few hrs, they call and he went back to get my car. they charge him the engine oil and he found his engine oil in the boot. he bang table and they gif him another labour free servicing when 20,000km. Now he using mineral oil... [furious][furious][furious]

All this concern u should highlight to them see what they can do. Just keep complain by repeat and repeat. initaly they will say sorry but u keep complaint, they will find way to shut u up which is to [sly][sly] U know loh

well problem resolved. 6 week is not beri long. dun b niao jing.

u can ask him to come to ur place to fix also, do all at one go lah. or better, say he pay to pioneer and u go there to repair lor.

otherwise later kena scratches on side, another story.

i did think about his proposal... to replace the plastic faceplate...

but i would not take up this option... i still believe factory fitted set is still the best... if replace the plastic faceplate, who can guarantee there will not be 'dust problem' in the future...

just like my mobilephone... it starting to gather dust inside the screen... so irritating.

Pioneer is located in the same building as Komoco at Leng Kee..at 4th floor..maybe you can check with them if they really run out of stock..

if the subcon can replace a new face panel then should be good enough..no need blow up to the subcon..but it's really irresponsible of Komoco to say that to you..wat a poor customer svc! [thumbsdown]

think you should write in to Komoco to lodge a complaint against da mgr..(get his full name)..I think the main person you should complain is da manager and not da poor guy who accidentally damanged yr HU face panel...just look at it..Komoco is now relaxing after pushing the fault to his subcon...be clear minded !Komoco should be the one to be severly dealt with! [rifle]

↡ Advertisement