Fluffy Clutched December 29, 2005 Share December 29, 2005 Hi Smart. As a user, I think it is much better than Shell, Mobil 1 and some of the other leading brands...can't say I've tried them all. The main benefit is that the engine is smoother and quieter. They say that this is due to the anti-friction metal treatment additive that bonds to the metal surfaces in the engine. I've not found this in any other engine oil so far. The test which they do - driving a car without any engine oil in it after treatment with Xrev, is quite something else. I've driven some 3-4K km on this oil so far and it still great. More power on acceleration too. I introduced to a friend who used it on his Mazda 3. He liked it so much that he went back this morning and got some more for his other car - a MX5. anti-friction metal treatment additive.......engines run without oil.....sound familiar??? Yes, it sounds just like Dura Lube! and Dura Lube has been charged by the FTC http://www.ftc.gov/opa/1999/05/duralub2.htm "The Dura Lube infomercials featured a demonstration of an automobile engine running after the oil treated with Dura Lube had been drained out to prove Dura Lube reduces the risk of serious engine damage when oil pressure is lost. Another demonstration showed the response of untreated oil to heat compared to the response of oil with Dura Lube to prove that without Dura Lube, motor oil fails to protect automobile engines under hot running conditions. In fact, the FTC alleges, the demonstrations don't prove the claims made. " ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fluffy Clutched December 29, 2005 Share December 29, 2005 X-rev * API SL/CG * ECI SAE 5W-40 * ACEA A3/B3 * VW 500 * Japanese Engines Qualified vs cxxxxxe Triple R Fully Synthetic $29.90 # Specification API SL/CF # ACEA A3,B3,B4 # VW502.00, 505.00 # MB229.3 # Porsche and BMW as an owner of a VW engine car, i'll go for my recommended VW502.00 spec oil which is cxxxxxe, ...i think the x-rev VW 500 is obsolete. also notice the cheaper $29.90 oil has more up to date specifications. besides, cxxxxxe isn't a small company.... it is made by: http://www.tetrosyl.com/ they have been advisiting extensively on Premership football stadiums. The oil was developed with Lotus Motorsports, and used by the TVR racing and Morgan racing teams.... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Genie47 1st Gear December 29, 2005 Share December 29, 2005 ILSAC Sequence IIIB is some crazy test. Ford wants to extend it more! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Audi69 Neutral Newbie December 29, 2005 Share December 29, 2005 cxxxxxe works well on my car too heard from Carrefour next year cxxxxxe wont be selling so CHEAP as the lube price went up! currently they are advertising for cxxxxxe that's why u get buy @ such a CHEAP price. So better grab it while stocks last. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lukie102 Clutched December 29, 2005 Share December 29, 2005 Are you advertising for cxxxxxe? Seen ur cxxxxxe postings in some of the folders. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gadgeter 2nd Gear December 29, 2005 Share December 29, 2005 just price war dude.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Speedster97 Neutral Newbie December 30, 2005 Share December 30, 2005 Bro i'm also a cxxxxxe fans juz like Audi69 I juz want 'cheap' 5W-40 engine oil. Anyone can tell me where to find 5W-40 'cheaper' than cxxxxxe? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Genie47 1st Gear December 30, 2005 Share December 30, 2005 No where else. M1 10W30 for 7.40 just flew off the shelves today. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Carre4engineoil Neutral Newbie January 29, 2006 Share January 29, 2006 X-rev * API SL/CG * ECI SAE 5W-40 * ACEA A3/B3 * VW 500 * Japanese Engines Qualified vs cxxxxxe Triple R Fully Synthetic $29.90 # Specification API SL/CF # ACEA A3,B3,B4 # VW502.00, 505.00 # MB229.3 # Porsche and BMW as an owner of a VW engine car, i'll go for my recommended VW502.00 spec oil which is cxxxxxe, ...i think the x-rev VW 500 is obsolete. also notice the cheaper $29.90 oil has more up to date specifications. besides, cxxxxxe isn't a small company.... it is made by: http://www.tetrosyl.com/ they have been advisiting extensively on Premership football stadiums. The oil was developed with Lotus Motorsports, and used by the TVR racing and Morgan racing teams.... Bro u really know well on cxxxxxe well done BTW Price going up soon..... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ferdows Neutral Newbie January 31, 2006 Share January 31, 2006 I thought of trying the X-Rev....U sure it is good than other engine oil? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lexl Neutral Newbie February 2, 2006 Share February 2, 2006 Hi Ferdows As I am just a user, I can only tell you based on my own experience...and so far, after running with this oil for about 8,000km I can say that it is still performing quite well. By that I mean that the engine is still quieter and acceleration is smoother...and I am comparing experiences with Shell and M1. I think several others that I know who have tried it (including WRX) are quite happy. So I guess you'll have to try it to know for yourself. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kelpie 2nd Gear February 5, 2006 Share February 5, 2006 What you have said is quite true except that lubricant technology has advanced in recent years as molybdenum is no longer the only additive capable of "bonding". I was told that about 20% of the content of Xrev is additives - including their proprietary anti-friction metal treatment formula. Well, whatever the science behind it all is, I still think that for that price ($85) for 4L to enjoy the benefits of what I am now getting, it is a pretty good deal. Certainly better bang for my buck than a Shell or Mobil. Yes, you can get cheap synthetic oil at $29.90 at Carrefour, but having used it, I think there is no comparison between that and whatever the additive technology that goes into Xrev....IMHO that is. 1. After joining the forum for a while, I realised that there is really no point paying more for expensive engine oil. I used to pay S$100 for 4L oil and now, guess what? I'm not very willing to pay anything more than S$60 now! One thing for sure, nothing beat frequent change of oil versus a super long life expensive oil. 2. All oil are the same lah, so long we go for bigger proven brands. Let the lab scientists do their jobs to justify their existence in those oil compaines. We just pay the price that we think is fair. 3. Anway, I'm not a supporter of cxxxxxe, the lowerest I go is the M1 5W30 sold by Carrefour. The cxxxxxe bottling looks cheapstake to me, hahaha. I'm those that like to try something different. So I will not buy cxxxxxe. Someone tried to sell me unicorn brand oil, texture looks very clear and pour. Do you guys know this brand? 4. I'm game enough to try other reasonably priced oil. S$85 is a no go for X-Rex. People here will think you're nuts to pay this kind of money for a no brand oil with no concrete analytical assessment. If they are selling at $65 region, may be can try. Thinking of trying Motul next. Motul advertises quite strongly in HK. 5. Anyone have recommendation for good 4L 5w30 or 0w40 oil at around S$60? Thank you. Regards, Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Southpark2000 Neutral Newbie February 5, 2006 Share February 5, 2006 Schaeffers.... $8 per quart - Proven (see BITOG) - Well estb (since 1839) Else Royal Purple - $11 per quart Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kelpie 2nd Gear February 5, 2006 Share February 5, 2006 Schaeffers.... $8 per quart - Proven (see BITOG) - Well estb (since 1839) Else Royal Purple - $11 per quart 1. Which Schaeffers oil type? #100 Micron Moly 5W-30 SL, Energy Conserving-II-ILSAC GF-3 or #701 Supreme 7000 5W-30 (Synthetic Blend) SL, Energy Conserving-II ILSAC GF-3 or #702 Supreme 7000 Straight 30W? Where to get it? 2. RP now too common. May be next time. Regards, Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Speedster97 Neutral Newbie February 5, 2006 Share February 5, 2006 I personally still prefer cxxxxxe 5W-40 Fully Synth coz my car need 4.5L and cxxxxxe come with 5L bottles currently selling @ $39.90 5LTR, per LTR only less than $8 if got promotion even cheaper . I cant find any 5W-40 Fully Synth 5LTR cheaper than cxxxxxe if not i will go for it! I dont really go for expensive engine oil i only look @ spec. and i usually change oil b4 10K km. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kelpie 2nd Gear February 5, 2006 Share February 5, 2006 I see. To me 4L is sufficient for my 1.6L car. In Indonesia, workshops sell very cheap engine oil of high spec major brands. They did it by accumulating the leftover during engine oil change and repackage it as house brand. You want to try? just kidding. Regards, Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Airwave05 Neutral Newbie April 24, 2006 Share April 24, 2006 Hi Ferdows As I am just a user, I can only tell you based on my own experience...and so far, after running with this oil for about 8,000km I can say that it is still performing quite well. By that I mean that the engine is still quieter and acceleration is smoother...and I am comparing experiences with Shell and M1. I think several others that I know who have tried it (including WRX) are quite happy. So I guess you'll have to try it to know for yourself. Hi LEXL, Was thinking of X-rev when I read their advert, MSP ( offered by Stamford Tyres) and Tufoil was also my consideration. When I went into FTC website, I realized that many Lube/additive withdrew their claims. Check this out on No-Oil Test ++++ "bxxxxxxt" http://www.naaaccc.ca/oil_additives_.htm Concern is on the Oil Filter i.e. additive may alter/change in particle size after immense heat inside the combusion engine. I guess it may be better to stick with established OIL/LUBE companies and/or frequent oil change. Any bro here has any idea as to whether CASTROL SLX & MOBIL ONE Tri-Sync are using grade III or IV synthetic? Cheers! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lexl Neutral Newbie April 25, 2006 Share April 25, 2006 Hi Airwave Yep I am equally concerned about these additives, especially those containing solid particles like Teflon (now withdrawn from the market). Even molybdenum disulphide is an issue, being a solid lubricant. You have to ensure that they are using the latest generation of liquid molybdenum as additives. Currently there are also some new products that contain metal particles like copper and zinc. Wow dangerous stuff. Imagine what that does when it clogs up the oil filter! I guess what I like about Xrev is the fact that its additive is fully liquid. So far, I have no complains about it after 2 oil changes with the ZeroFriction. Still running better than the usual leading brands. They have just introduced the latest Racing range which also contains polyol ester as a base oil. I might try it in my next change. Looking at their technical data sheets, I beieve that Castrol and Mobil generally use a blend of Group III and PAO (Group IV) for their base oil. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
ICE ICE baby - Internal Combustion Engine Only Chat
ICE ICE baby - Internal Combustion Engine Only Chat
Engine Mounting
Engine Mounting
Direct Injection Engine - Intake Valve Cleaning
Direct Injection Engine - Intake Valve Cleaning
Mercedes Benz's Engine Downsizing Strategy
Mercedes Benz's Engine Downsizing Strategy
Can buy this new engine oil in Giant? $17.90
Can buy this new engine oil in Giant? $17.90
Come on in if you are into cheap engine oils...
Come on in if you are into cheap engine oils...
SCHNELL Engine Oil 5W40
SCHNELL Engine Oil 5W40