Jump to content

Oil Filter


Kazuo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Supersonic

Kee Beng Co

50 Bendemeer Rd Singapore 339933

Tel : 6293 6732

 

They specialise in oil filters.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Oh... thanks. So i guess I am abit overcharged.

 

Well, initially i think if the price is just 2 or 3 dollar more, just let them earn ba.. save the trouble of going all over the place to save a few dollar.

 

so i guess i will have to go get filter myself le.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Wow... how do you open the filter up?

 

I thought of opening up to see after trying Auto-RX, but scared it is too troublesome and messy. Anyway, too late le, the cleaning phase filter already thrown away, maybe can wait for the rinse phase filter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately just like an air filter, its not the number of pleats but the filtering capabilities of the filter material that is more important.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh... thanks. So i guess I am abit overcharged.

 

Well, initially i think if the price is just 2 or 3 dollar more, just let them earn ba.. save the trouble of going all over the place to save a few dollar.

 

so i guess i will have to go get filter myself le.

 

if ur going back to Borneo motors to service your car, you might not save alot going around to get consumables... unless u plan to service your car outside BM...

 

do the math... [;)]

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have honestly never heard of an oil filter leaking due to a defect.

 

I have only heard of them leaking from wrong sized filter used, improper tightening, or failure to put oil on the rubber seal beofre tightening... any of which KM should have spotted in the first case.

 

Any good mech will also let the car run for a short while after any service then check for leaks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe that person who brought his oil filter was very rude towards the SA.

 

Then the SA dulan... asked his mechanic not to tighten his oil filter probably, and make that person eat his words. [laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately just like an air filter, its not the number of pleats but the filtering capabilities of the filter material that is more important.

 

Its true, that's why I

Edited by Trex101
Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately thats all i know abt filtering oil... i don't know what materials are better. Just sticking to my purolators as they've proven good and them come highly regarded in the filter world.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes, KM's SA cannot be trusted. [sly]

 

When I brought my Mobil-1 5w30 oil for servicing, my SA told me it's a bit thin.

 

I only gave him an innocent look for a while, then he says "OK lah. nevermind.".

 

Deep down, I know Civic manual states that it can take up to w20 oils. So I know that guy is bull crapping. Probably he wanted to persuade me to take KM's Shell Helix Ultra. No way I'm paying $89 for that overpriced oil.

 

 

I do not wish to argue with him.

 

Wait he's not happy with me, then purposely don't do a good job on my ride.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...