Using hose in mscp

Whynid

Neutral Newbie

wonder how many bros/sis here use hose connected to the paying taps to wash their cars in mscp?

saw a guy using a hose @ a mscp near my place, so now thinking of getting a hose & sprayer too.

wondering if there's an ideal length for the hose so that the spray of water would be strong enough?

also saw stamford tyres lok yang selling this hose that can be neatly rolled up with an assortment of sprayers for $38. is it worth it to get this set or am i better off getting my own combi?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Using hose to wash car is not legal in Sillypore.

Chewing gum also not legal.

Smoking outside yellow box (if there is an yellow box) also not legal.

Stun gun although harmless also not legal.

Playboy also not legal.

Turn on fog light during good weather also not legal.

Paint car more than 3 colours also not legal.

Remove cat converter also not legal.

Not much things in Sillypore is legal. [laugh]

my neighbour uses the hose. But his hose isn't long enough if he parks away from the tap. So have to wait for the lot near the tap.

You might want to consider that too.

I don't know how long though.

Turbocharged

i am using hose to wash my SUV with water from paid taps. i m using hose because its faster and more efficient. without a hose, i have to 'climb' up and down during rinsing.

i m using a 8m hose with nozzle and interconnecting parts purchased separately. i found those hose on a reel sold in NTUC or Giant is too big and will take up too much boot space.

by the way, why is using a hose illegal?

why illegal? not using free water wor, have to pay 25 cents each time leh.

I agree with you Bro [nod][nod][nod]

Infact with a hose attached, we are still paying the S$ 0.25 plus it helps to save water as compared to 'Pail & Bucket' method [nod][nod][nod]

If it is using the fire hydrant hose then it's illegal [nod][nod][nod]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

Neutral Newbie

wah, 8 meter is quite long. wondering where u bought yr hose and nozzle? any particular diameter? thanks

Neutral Newbie

I think connecting a hose to the paying taps is legal. Read the instruction on the block near the tap, it does say either to use a pail or connect a hose to the tap.

Neutral Newbie

good to know that. [laugh] was a little confused as to why it would be illegal to use our own hose on a paying tap.

using a hose is a faster method too, as compared to p&b method. [;)]

Turbocharged

8m is not considered long, in fact its just nice. any shorter, you will find trouble handling the hose during washing. usually the standard hose diameter size about 1", i just bought mine from some hardware shop. i got the hose + nozzle + hose-to-tap connector + tightening screw and DIY. all in all, about $10.

Neutral Newbie

sorry, one more question about the hose. are you using the green 'diamond' type or the white color ones? the green type i saw in giant, looks kind of hard, wondering if it might be difficult to handle. thanks!

hardware shopping tonight liao. [:p]

[reply]

sorry, one more question about the hose. are you using the green 'diamond' type or the white color ones? the green type i saw in giant, looks kind of hard, wondering if it might be difficult to handle. thanks!

hardware shopping tonight liao

Those white colour will do.

by the way, how come you are paying 25cents? and not 20cents?

Turbocharged

i m using the translucent with white thread inside hose. size wise i think they are the same at the green type.

Neutral Newbie

my mscp is using the cashcard kind. not too sure why, but it's 25 cents.

yeshe, thanks!

↡ Advertisement