Parking at Private housing estates

Kelpie

Neutral Newbie

There will always be cheapskate ppl wanting to save 50 cents although they can afford $50k cars. They dun care about the inconvenience caused to others.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

[laugh] Tat's wat i'm trying to drive at! [:p]

For me, I'd rather park car properly than risk getting fine... 50c only ma, not like $50! Can park further away if no lot. Walk abit better than keep worrying if Fatimah is printing invitation for me! If with old folks or kids, can drop them off 1st then own self go find lot. [cool]

I live in a private estate but I don't really care who park in my estate. Occasionally, visitors park in front of my driveway so all I do is park a short distance away and walk home, no big deal. Aren't we all guilty of trying to get away with free parking anywhere we can, especially when we you have to do a 5-10 minutes errand?

If these people parking 'illegally' does not cause any major obstruction or incovenience, I'd rather let them have their day. There are bigger issues to worry about.

As a matter of fact, the residents in my estate who are their own worst enemies. They insist on parking their cars on the side of the road next to their own house and everyone ends up zig-zagging along these roads. Good driving training anyway.

Neutral Newbie

no lei....

when i first gt my licence 3 yrs plus back, i come back at 2am oso got lot..

nowadays is becos got one new coffee shop jus open, then around 10++ 11pm lidat, the car park would be full.

however, until 1am lidat when the coffee shop close, some cars would leave, so hafta wait for those patrons to leave lo...

so i hafta call in HDB to scare them away..haha [laugh]

complain until siao oso no use, red lots they oso park. so onli way to scare them off is fatimah....

1st Gear

eh.. would it help if you put a while jacket and a helmet in your car.. and wear it and walk around with a black PDA [sly]

Neutral Newbie

Normally those roads in private estates are drawn with a solid line down the centre. Think in this case, not allowed to park at both sides right?

Hi guys,

Do you know whether cars are allowed to park at private landed housing estates where there is no marking on both sides of the roads? It seems like a cost saving way of parking car.

Thank you.

Regards,

Legally you can.. but then, if you are resident there, would you like cars to pay right at your door step or around the area of your access...

Let's say you are staying in HDB, the corridor thus do not belong to you, so would anyone like it if i place my pot of plants there coz my landed property just ran out of place for the plants? [sly]

Very good analogy. Tis kinda incidents also happening @ HDB common corridors as I can see...pple putting their plants or laundry or wateva rubbish and choke up the whole corridor.

1st Gear

ya.. and during the recent WIS for HDB flats, I was told that 2 couples actually return a flat near redhill (high floor, good facing) coz when they check out the place, they saw that their future neighbour actually have a lot of stuff outside the flat.. [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

30 mins? loading/unloading arh? difficult to argue or appeal right?

max i park @ loading/unloading is 15 mins. bring all my grocery bags up then quickly shift to carpark liao.

somemore is below your own block leh. u dun have season parking meh?

(edited)
I live in a private estate but I don't really care who park in my estate. Occasionally, visitors park in front of my driveway so all I do is park a short distance away and walk home, no big deal. Aren't we all guilty of trying to get away with free parking anywhere we can, especially when we you have to do a 5-10 minutes errand?

If these people parking 'illegally' does not cause any major obstruction or incovenience, I'd rather let them have their day. There are bigger issues to worry about.

As a matter of fact, the residents in my estate who are their own worst enemies. They insist on parking their cars on the side of the road next to their own house and everyone ends up zig-zagging along these roads. Good driving training anyway.

You sound like one of my good neighbour. But how many good neighbour can one find in Singapore? Like you said, the residents are their own worst enemies. The occasional visitors and contractors actually does not cause much problem. It is the residents who want to fully utilize their front porch are the ones park all their cars outside their house all the time. I have one neighbour who built a big koi pond in the front porch and park all 3 of his cars outside. Really inconsiderate...

Edited by Chimp

If with old folks or kids, can drop them off 1st then own self go find lot.

That's easy to say if apart from you (the driver), one of your passengers is the caregiver for the old folks or kids, so you can just drop them off first while you find a lot. Or unless your kids are old enough to be independent and make their way home/upstairs/wait there for you alone and the old folks do not require any assistance in movement.

Let's not forget about those who function as both drivers and caregivers at the same time and have to park illegally downstairs to bring them upstairs and settle them in first. [:)]

I've driven thru this pte estate with a 2-way road before, but the road didn't have any lines. It's wide enough for 3 cars, hence there were cars parked along both sides of the road, leaving a 1-car width in the middle for cars from both directions to navigate thru. So if just nice, two cars came from opposite directions, it would become like a peek-a-boo game. Whichever car had a nearer available gap to slot in would slot in and allow the other car to pass first.

Sometimes the situation might not be ideal such as:

• Garbage collection trucks got stuck in between two cars and has to wait for one of the owner to move
  • emergency vehicles such as SCDF fire truck could not squeeze through and cause delay
  • big SUVs/trucks parked at the bend and cause obstructions to the cars coming through and cause accidents
  • two cars came from opposite directions which play the peek-a-boo game do not want to give way and cause disputes

If there is no lines in the middle or on the side of the road, it is legal to park but usually private estates will have a solid white line in the middle of the road but the residents still park cars there which is illegal. But, the TP just doesn't care to issue summons unless someone complaints.

Neutral Newbie
Hi guys,

Do you know whether cars are allowed to park at private landed housing estates where there is no marking on both sides of the roads? It seems like a cost saving way of parking car.

Thank you.

Regards,

Legally you can.. but then, if you are resident there, would you like cars to pay right at your door step or around the area of your access...

Let's say you are staying in HDB, the corridor thus do not belong to you, so would anyone like it if i place my pot of plants there coz my landed property just ran out of place for the plants? [sly]

Very good analogy. Tis kinda incidents also happening @ HDB common corridors as I can see...pple putting their plants or laundry or wateva rubbish and choke up the whole corridor.

If there are no enforcement lines at the sides or centre, it is legal to park there even it is in front of your house, provided no obstruction caused. However, "obstruction" is subjective. To the driver, it has no obstruction caused, but it may be different to others. Suggest to LTA, draw enforcement lines along the road, and thereafter, call TP every day to complaint peoples park their vehicles there....

if the residents write a petition to their MP, the MP will in turn write a letter to LTA. after months of review and consideration by the LTA, the problem may still not be solved.

↡ Advertisement