Jump to content

Bridgestone GR80


Helloworld88
 Share

Recommended Posts

PP2 is Pilot Preceda 2 from Michelin.

 

ST115? Don't even try .... have experienced a set of 215/45/R17 is its [:/][sweatdrop]

 

I personally stay away from Falkens ...

 

I would stick to GR80 or V8RS if I were you.

 

Have you considered Dunlop Sports Maxx?

Edited by Garlic
Link to post
Share on other sites

115

 

read reviews online..the ST-115 seems very good leh..good grip in both wet and dry..grooves look resistant to aquaplaning..and it's darn quiet as compared to other of it's same class..

 

only downside is the tire rate is horrible..around 35000 km wear out liao..and cannot drive in snow city.. [laugh]

 

The tyre noise is [dizzy][dizzy][dizzy] for ST115 [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

 

Have used them in my previous ride [dead]

Link to post
Share on other sites

you everyday chiong track isit?

 

my driving habits is slightly aggresive..so dun think it will wear out fast..

 

anyway, was looking at the ZE512 also..stamford quoted me for $126 per piece..any comments on the 512?

 

ZE512 comes as stock for my current ride and it is [thumbsdown]

 

After 10K, the grip in wet is getting [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

 

Tyre noise is also [dizzy][dizzy][dizzy] though not as jialat as ST115 [rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on Dunlop Sports Maxx and it quite a [thumbsup] tyre.

 

Have been on it for about 30,000km liao and it's still [thumbsup]

 

Road noise tends to be higher as compared to when it was new [:)]

 

Grip wise is still ok for both wet & dry and wear rate is [thumbsup]

Link to post
Share on other sites

hehe i also anti falken

 

anyway just changed to T1R and its quiet compared to my previous thai GYF1. less road roar and squeaks

 

quite pricey though, 15" price very close to 16"

Link to post
Share on other sites

>Bro, my kaki changed his at Soh Tyres (Soh Bros), jus opposite Pxh Hxng

>Price is $75 for his 14"

 

Sorry I am new to tyres.

 

Is 14" GR80 price $75 reasonable ? One of my Rio '06 tyres recently punctured and I tot of replace all the tyres.

 

My tyre is stock tyre Hankook 175/70/R14. So is GR80 175/70/R14 good ? Does the cost of tyre include installation ? After install the tyre, do I need to do wheel alignment ? Is there many type of GR80 ? I saw some brands with GR80.

 

Thanks.

 

I'd strongly suggest u change to 15" tyres...the 14" tyre width @ 175mm is simply too thin for a 1.14 tonne Rio. Some more rio has no ABS.

 

I drive a rio '06 hatch. I've skidded twice. Once when i was doing a bend downslope at a speed of 40km/hr. I ended up drifting around it like initial D [furious] . The 2nd time I skidded on PIE LANE 1!! I did not even jam brake. I just braked a little harder at a speed of only 70km/hr (during peak hour traffic) [furious][furious][furious] .

 

I'm already on 15" tyres and all these things happen...can't imagine if i'm on 14" [angel] Oh, btw, I'm on Yokohama Aspec DB (a.k.a suicide tyre) [lipsrsealed]

Link to post
Share on other sites

hiyo, decided on GR80 and just changed it. while driving back tried 110km/h [:p] decided on GR80 cos it is proven quiet lasting after being in the market for few years, while K415 is relatively new, so even though there is good review, it has not passed the time trial yet.

 

satisfied with the low noise level, just a little bit less comfortable than Aspec DB. grip wise on dry road acceptable but not tried on wet road yet.

 

was on BF goodrich sports before this, $50 cheaper than GR80 and the grip on wet road is

[thumbsup] . after 1 yr on it, i find that i am driving faster on wet days due to the good grip and short braking distances by this tyres. Downside is it will become noisy after 6 months. so noisy until my ear drums buay tahan cos my kia lousy on sound insulation... but seriously, those who have good sound insulation or dun mind noises, this tyre is really good on dry and excellent in wet road. even uncle frankie at soh tyres acknowledged that this tyre is good.

 

before BF goodrich, when 1st received car, was on Yokohama Aspec DB, at first was very very happy with the low noise and comfort! but after 6 months started to sweat! [sweatdrop] many times when i did e-brake, the f.ucking tyre take a long braking distance and skidded to the side everytime! and the noise level grew louder after 1 yr...[furious] i learned to drive slower and keep a long long distance from the front car on rainy days. that's why i took 6 months after changing to BF goodrich to drive faster in rainy days. now even if u pay me $, i also dun wan to buy this tyre cos i dun wan to forgo safety for low noise and comfort by using this tyre.

 

Yes...i fully agree...the Aspec DB is not known as suicide tyres for nothing [sweatdrop]

Link to post
Share on other sites

basket, has been on GR-80 for the past 60-70k...the noise getting unbearable liao..

 

anyway, except for the winter there..i dont think there is much difference in the driving conditions in US..or rather, they get more extreme conditions as compared to us..so IMO, if the tyres lasted there, they should have no prob here..

 

after doing some more research online, i've narrowed down my choice to 3 models..all falkens.. ST115, ZE512 and ZE329

 

the ZE329 is touted as the ZE512 replacement..and offers better performance as compared to ZE512

 

I think its high time u change ur tyres alrdy. Since its recommended that tyres be changed @ every 40K-50K.

Link to post
Share on other sites

no lar, i'm not toking about falken tyres. I'm toking about the fooking Aspec DB that will make a Takumi Fujiwara out of any drivers during rainy days. [laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get better tyres at a lower cost, Falken is erm ... oh well ...

 

V8RS and GR80 are good comfort tyres.

 

Dunlop Sports Maxx is a good all rounder though its a little more expensive. [thumbsup]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...