World Cup 2010 dream come true?

Hshs

SGP already in the 3rd round.They will meet Asia top team.

Many will still think they can't make it. But in football

anything can happen.Before the tournament started.Who know Greece will become European Champion and Korean go in to WC Semi final?

But in order to have better chance. My suggestion is to import good

quality foreigner player. Some may disagree. But do you have any other suggestion?

↡ Advertisement

can go final round of qualifiers very very good liao IMO.

IMO that's the more realistic goal for 2010. when they came up with this 2010 rubbish then, my toes are laffing. not that i look down on local football, but during then, standard and progress of our football and s-league is really a joke.

but wish them all the best anyway. furthermore, i believe by playing against better countries, can draw more crowds to the stadium also. haiz... the nat'l stadium closed at the wrong time. or else can draw even more crowds.

You mean any of the EPL team win champion league also no pride?

They are so many FT. Still they are so many local and oversea supporters.

Even world class team like Portugal also need FT.

Pls lah! 2007 already. Who care MU,Liverpool,Arsenal got how many FT.

Edited by Hshs

Agreed there. No FT how to become big club. Look at the Derbies and those teams in the Coca Cola Championship. Pride alone cannot gain u results. Go Singapore go!!!!!

how many FT we have on national team ah? actually from what i can remember now got 3 or 4 right? majority still locals. wink.gif

world cup finals i'll keep dreaming of the day i see s'pore playing against the bext in the world like brazil! but reaching the 3rd round is a great achievement already, hopefully there'llbe telecast of the games....

pls leh other countries ft got their dun no what damn grandmother or father = that country citizen. sg ft got 0000000!!! all come becos of $ & nothing else.

got pride? dun dump lah

dun talk to me about those stupid league lah, now is talking about country.

think of sg winning japan china or korea 1st pls.

zzzzz world cup? ur next life also no chance see lah.

u know y no chance or not? not becos sg small, is become all parents fault!! they think football got no future in sg! fandi ahmad the next in the making, also will kana destory by parent.

1 more thing, u know why got so few chinese in sg team? not becos chinese dunno or sux at it, becos sg chinese parent very kaisu! they cant afford their kids to waste time play soccer, they dun wan their son to make only a few ks a month IF they become a top player. even learning to play piano & teach full time can easily earn 3k & above. no need to be a top piano player.

if import all #1 FT from the major FT clubs out there, possible.

Recently overheard in local wet market:

"Tat simi kiu, tat lee si lang tau! Tak cheh buay tak, buay tan lui, ki tat simi lan sai kiu."

(apologies for lack of translation, but I am not sure how to translate properly from hokkien)

Edited by Slowmo

Neutral Newbie

yeap. Agree with this. Unless FAS can do something to unlock that mentality, if not we have to depend on FT liao.

There are countries with population around the same as us but doing much better than us in international football. Our population is around 4mil? But the talent pool is only very little, if you minus away the chinese population..

Edited by Angdao

30% of SG population are FT who are not interested, so that leaves 70% that can be chosen.

Out of that 70%, 70% are Chinese Singaporeans. Most of them are not interested.

So our so-called talent pool is only around 20% of 4 million = 800,000.

50% of 800,000 are probably guys. So that left with 400,000.

Guys age between 16-35 are probably 40% of 400,000.

So we have about 160,000 guys to choose from.

Pathetic huh?

Well i will not be surprise if they delay the closure of National stadium to accomodate this Qualifying [laugh][laugh][laugh] .

IMO if they can avoid bottom of their group is a wonderful achievement liao.

yeap. Agree with this. Unless FAS can do something to unlock that mentality, if not we have to depend on FT liao.

There are countries with population around the same as us but doing much better than us in international football. Our population is around 4mil? But the talent pool is only very little, if you minus away the chinese population..

only FAS? leemember wat the brazilian coach said when he was asked to take a job here? u can't even blardee allow kids to kick a ball on any field/ pavement... no thanks.

SGP already in the 3rd round.They will meet Asia top team.

Many will still think they can't make it. But in football

anything can happen.Before the tournament started.Who know Greece will become European Champion and Korean go in to WC Semi final?

But in order to have better chance. My suggestion is to import good

quality foreigner player. Some may disagree. But do you have any other suggestion?

I firmly believe even if you pump them with steriod they will not get into the world cup.

The footballers in Greece National team play in major leagues in Europe, then their own league has a placing in ECL.

Korea and Japan have players in English, Italian, Dutch, Scottish leagues.

If you look at Japan, majority of their players are Japanese.

Real Madrid didn't win the Champions league with all their FIFA footballers of the year every year right?

There is a difference in standard. You need have alot of luck to compensate that difference.

What's gonna happen in the 3rd round? What will SG need to do now to qualify for the finals? Is it a group stage, and must top the group? Or knock out?

↡ Advertisement