AirWave stock battery

Junjie

Hi,

Would like to hear from those bros that owned Airwave..understand that the tiny stock battery cannot make it, do u guys upgrade the battery once u got yr ride? Heard comments that during idle the interior light instruments flicke easily...What size can u go up till? As I tends to travel oversea frequently, may need to leave the car for at least a week...So far on my current ride, my Amaron MF 45 can start on the first crank after the car was not touch for close to 2 weeks...and it lasted me close to 3 yrs....

↡ Advertisement

hi i can't offer any advice

but i'm impressed that ur first crank can start the car after not being touched for 2 weeks [thumbsup]

what ride is that? the amaron plays a part, but i believe the ride also. thats why i'm asking. [flowerface]

Mine kimchi which most of the guys like to bash here.. [laugh][laugh] Pre-FL Getz..I myself was surprised too when I came back from oversea,praying hard that car can start..but swee swee first crank no problem...my battery was installed in Dec 05 only got it change in Jan 08, not really change bcos it's still serving me very well, but in my mind, abit scare scare [laugh] ..just then my friend trading in his ride and transfer his 6 mths old amaron to me...

Thinking of changing ride by this year..but heard many comments that Airwave stock battery can die easily just for not driving couples of days.... [sweatdrop]

Edited by Junjie

Mine also getz. After two weeks overseas assignment can always start first crank.

But I don't think it's the ride, it's how you take care of the battery.

The original Delkor is 45AH MF battery. I used it for 2 years, then change it out while it was still working.

I'm driving manual, so always make it a habit to step on the clutch before cranking the motor.

I also insulate the battery against the hot engine heat so it will have a longer life.

Anyway, there is a difference for Korean car battery and Japanese car battery as Korean uses Maintenance Dry Cell battery while the Japanese still uses Wet Cell battery.

It is quite surprising that Airwave's stock battery is even smaller than any Korean's 1.5 or 1.6 stock dry cell battery and it is not surprising that your Getz able to start the car even though it is already flat.

That is the good thing about Manual Transmission car, you able to kick start it but you cannot do it for Auto Transmission car.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro.......

Yes.....me driving a airwave [:)] went holiday for 8 days...come back car cannot start liao

[:|] maybe its the VS that drain away the batt.

now change to Amaron 45amp after a year.....swee swee

will test it cos going holiday again, hope come back can start

shouldn't be the VS..I using the PIVOT VS since day one, so don't think VS really drain off the battery...btw, u need to mod the battery tray in order to fit the amaron MF battery?

Got any info on these Korean dry cells ( the battery brand/model )? Most maintenance free batteries are still wet except for those expensive AGM ones.

I understand that some dry cell batteries are with battery water inside, it is just that there is no top-up option available compared to the traditional wet cell batteries.

Our Korean dry cell batteries comes in a black container so there is no way to see what is inside whether it is dry or wet type.

Mine kimchi which most of the guys like to bash here.. [laugh][laugh] Pre-FL Getz..I myself was surprised too when I came back from oversea,praying hard that car can start..but swee swee first crank no problem...my battery was installed in Dec 05 only got it change in Jan 08, not really change bcos it's still serving me very well, but in my mind, abit scare scare [laugh] ..just then my friend trading in his ride and transfer his 6 mths old amaron to me...

Thinking of changing ride by this year..but heard many comments that Airwave stock battery can die easily just for not driving couples of days.... [sweatdrop]

why will people bash a trusty steed?

i won't.

A simple insulation is to buy thick Armaflex sheet, cut and glue it into the shape of the battery box.

Then slip over the battery.

I also don't understand but generally once u mentioned driving a kimchi, other motorists will say this say that [shakehead] ...maybe having a kimchi car make my status drop one level [laugh][laugh], in Sillypore, pple tends to be very brand and status conscious and like to judge others' by the outlook [crazy] ...anyway, the ride really serve me well for the past 4 yrs, no complaints....except now abit itchy backside, as it's coming to the 5th yr cycle..actually how much do we lose if we keep our ride more than 5yrs? [gossip]

My old civic used to have the same problem, sometimes only after one weekend of not driving! I turned off the car's alarm system and it lasted a few days longer after that, but never more than a week! The maximum idle time it reached was 5 days.

Either the battery plates have internal short circuits or the car electrical system somewhere there is a "parasite" acc draining the battery.

Hi,

Would like to hear from those bros that owned Airwave..understand that the tiny stock battery cannot make it, do u guys upgrade the battery once u got yr ride? Heard comments that during idle the interior light instruments flicke easily...What size can u go up till? As I tends to travel oversea frequently, may need to leave the car for at least a week...So far on my current ride, my Amaron MF 45 can start on the first crank after the car was not touch for close to 2 weeks...and it lasted me close to 3 yrs....

ur ride if in stock condition, ur stock batt can last bout 12-18mths. but if u put in xtra stuffs like ice, it may last 7-8mths. yes u can change 2 45amp. but the base bracket need to modify.

↡ Advertisement