Before Gantry Photography By Cisco Guy

Kiatmobile

Damn Bl@rdy Sh33t.....

Was driving along ECP last night and approaching ERP before exit Rochor Road.

Phone ring and have no ear piece.

So, filter left and parks my car in the shoulder before the ERP Gantry at just 2 minutes before 8.00pm.

This Bl@rdy Cisco guy came in front of my car and start snapping my car plate number.

When i got out of the car, i told him that my phone rings and i have to parked my car along sholder to answer, his reply was, "Cannot Parked Here." [furious][furious][furious]

KNN, If cannot park along Shoulder, then why draw lines along the sholder along that stretch of road??? [rifle]

Erase it off then....

Now, don't know how much is the fine..... [:/]

Can someone advise?

Anyway to appeal? Or has anyone appeal before and got away with it?

Thanks....

↡ Advertisement

knn answer phone & drive salar, stop at side to answer phone also salar...... [mad][mad][mad]

maybe that cisco officer had been listenning too much of such excuses already, that why never pang chan...... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Edited by Picnic06

Shoulder lanes for emergency only...phone rang therefore must pull on the shoulder to answer? That justify emergency?.....u deserve the fine, suck it up and pay.... [sleeping]

Edited by Junjie

KNN, If cannot park along Shoulder, then why draw lines along the sholder along that stretch of road???

Erase it off then....

Dear bro, those lines are meant for emergency vehicles like ambulances etc or to be used in times of real emergency. Didn't they teach this in driving school? In your appeal letter, please do not question the use of this lane before they revoke your driving license and send u to retake your driving test. :P

Anyway your excuse of having to answer a phone call is hardly a valid excuse and what the CISCO officer did was right. For every car he summon, every driver will have a different excuse and yours just cant seem to hold.

Be prepare to pay for one lesson learnt. Stay clear of the shoulder lane, esp before the ERP gantrys!

Face it. It's your fault.

If cars can park along road shoulder, they might as well paint parking lots instead.

And btw get yourself a hands-free kit or a BT earpiece.

since when answer phone must stop by road shoulder??? [confused][rolleyes]

at most press the button, yell (DRIVING AH.. WAIT AH) then press speakerphone or plug handsfree.

IMHO, in this case it's ur fault [:p]

Bro, face it you were wrong la. I suggest you write in to appeal. Put yourslf in the position of the Cisco guy, he has heard a million and one excuses and he is just trying to do his job.

His job is to summons you, there are other people whose jobs are to listen to your appeal and give a verdict if they want to let you off or not.

Imagine you in his shoes, and everyday some idiots do things like that and probably gives the some excuses all the time. How?

Relax and take a deep breath, appeal to the right person. You also just want to do your job right? What if your customer or boss tells you to do someone else's job? How you feel?

IMHO...you have no case.

There should be no stopping on the expressway unless your vehicle breaks down or emergency (stomach ache and mother nature calls not qualified)

You will have to pay the fine...dun complain about it and dun scold the Cisco officer for doing their jobs...cos I am sure at the timing you kenna...bound to have lots of other motorist who will pull over just to save the dollar and come out with full of excuses.

So...next time phone rings and no handsfree kit....miss call lor. If its that important...get out of the expressway and park and yak all you want until batteries flat also no worries.

eh why u ow [:|]

i very tactful liao. i believe it's an honest mistake but still TS fault anyway. just learn and move on lor [nod]

sounds possible. in any case i nv heard of pple stop by shoulder to answer call. may cause more danger than it prevents IMHO. esp during ERP hours traffic [dead]

Neutral Newbie

I had done this before (not ERP traffic), less than 30secs type of quick calls... like,

"hello, I am driving, no hands free, can I call you back later?" type...

Neutral Newbie

Sorry to say this dude, but I believe stopping on road shoulders are for emergencies only.

So unless it was a call from a family member on something life-threatening i think you just gotta suck thumb and not do it again.

Or buy a bluetooth earpiece. Or in-car speaker. Or not answer that call.

↡ Advertisement