Expert review on the new Altis 1.6A

Shern25

eh.. in 1997, when most japz are on turn knob or those switches, the lancer MR already got digitalise climate control and that is in 1997.

when did Civic have it?

I don't know. Can't be bothered with climate control anyway.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

just another write that is able to string up the specs into an essay..

nothing exciting.. oh, there is actually. The Climate control. Reader would have climax upon reading this review.. bounce1.gif

Think I need to excuse myself for a moment to go to the washroom. I just wet myself reading that part laugh.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifEVIL!

nah.. I was being angel [angel]

Neutral Newbie

This is a crap review. For that matter, I've yet to come across a objective review in any motoring article. I don't base my car buying decision on these so-called "expert" review. My decision is dependent on my personal liking of a particular car and pocket-ability. So far, I'd owned makes like Civic, Quintet, 121, Sunny, Matrix and now back to FD1A.... never a Toyota. Don't know why not Toyota leh. Hahaha.

Neutral Newbie

No need climate control lah brudder.

We all not say very Hairy or what!

Hairy people absorb more heat...

[laugh]

Twincharged
You know that picture of a piece of shiiit & a BMW badge? I think you can interchange the BMW badge with a Toyota badge.

People buy anything with a Toyota badge as well.

I mean - 700 something firm orders even before the car is releasd??

700 people bought this?? Before even touching or seeing it??

well good for toyota lor. can't believe that there are 700 sxxt heads hor. the car sells ... so...? i for one will follow the crowd. easier to sell also. wanna to be special then pay to be special lor. its all about $$ in the end. toyota still cannot be beaten for overall reliability for the price.

i read somewhere that hairy people trap moisture and cool air rather than trap heat. the moisture helps dissipate the heat.

hair on body (like ang moh, arab and indian) is a hot and dry climate evolutionary adaptation rather than a cold climate one. that is cuz they come from same ancestors (caucasians) which originated in central asian desert where it is hot and dry in summer.

look at north asians and eskimos... cold climate with almost hairless bodies...

Neutral Newbie
I'll be frank.

My writer couldn't find much to write about the car, and besides, it's a freakin corolla. what do you guys expect? Lamborghini Gallardo-like entertainment?

Everything in the car WORKS. Period. It doesn't do anything spectacular, nor does it suck.

As for the "PRECISE TURN IN and HEAVY UNDERSTEER," for those of you who do not understand, go do your o levels again.

"Precise turn in" - refers to the initial turn in.

"Heavy undetsteer" shows relatively early on before limits of grip are breached.

Bottom line - made in thailand, not as good as japanese, but still acceptable, and now with climate control - never before in a Corolla by Borneo. The "uncle car" continues it's legacy.

[shocked]

Wah...then those Rednecks in US (think NASCAR) and overseas who are good racers die lah, cos most of them are schooldrop outs. When come to cornering got to take out dictionary liao...then lose the race...

Neutral Newbie
I agree totally, totally agree with you , rather get a Civic. Oh my goodness... why cant they bring in the same specs as the thais get, which includes the new double VVTI... Just my humble point of view , no offence to the new Altis owners...

Cos of the "bottomline" laugh.gif $$$$$$$

In 1991, the Nissan Presea had automatic climate control and digital air-conditioning, along with blue backlit dashboard gauges.... and with lumbar support.... smile.gif

Edited by Presea

expert nv say anything about Tomyam built quality & QC standards. so many times i've seen altis with blown tail lights [:p]

strange tt u mentioned it... i always see altis with not working 3rd brake light (the centre one) .... tot it was jus me... [lipsrsealed]

edit:

oh ya.. dun tink thats LED... any altis drivers correct me pls?

Edited by Zcold

(all articles written by me are by Amery Reuben)

So you write for the straits times? You are Amery Reuben (dont know who that is actually) or is that like your stage name?

Ae you some kinda motoring journalist? Do you make enough money to afford a car as a motor journalist? [:p]

NO I DO NOT WRITE FOR ST. And yes i make enough money to afford a car. For 4 years now.

After writing so much, your memory must have failed you too because you still owe me from last year after getting your lens. And you never ever reply my sms [:|]

Maybe you should tell your MANAGING DIRECTOR of xxxxxxx to pay me and your other EX-WRITER our CLAIMS totalling nearly four figures before asking for whatever is owed to you.

Neutral Newbie

I lend you the cash willingly on a personal basis and you betrayed my trust and kind intend? I'm deeply disappointed in you. Perhaps I should learn not to trust friends too much. I apologize for my own blunder then.

And I'm sorry that i brought up this in an unrelated post because there is simply no way of getting to you.

xxxxxxx is a different matter altogether but since you want to lump this issue together, so be it.

If you and the OTHER writer do have claims totaling four figures, please do let him know and i'm sure he will be more than happy to settle them if the claims are valid. After all, we do want to settle this amicably so that we have nothing more to do with the both of you.

Besides, I believe integrity is worth more than just "four figures".