Private property prices... Up or Down?

Kelfinity

Huat ah! [:p]

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/keen-interest-at-2-property-launches-after-govt-eases-cooling-measures

Keen interest at 2 property launches after govt eases cooling measures

Mar 13, 2017

BUYING interest moved up a notch at two residential projects launched over the weekend, one day after the government announced the easing of some property cooling measures.

Close to 170 units of the total 497 units at Qingjian Realty's executive condominium (EC) project iNz Residence - the first EC to be launched this year - were sold on the first day of booking on Saturday.

Meanwhile, crowds thronged the showsuite of Lendlease's condominium Park Place Residences at PLQ, which also opened on Saturday.

Kelvin Suen, a prospective buyer of Park Place Residences at PLQ said: "I have placed a cheque for a unit as I am keen to purchase it for investment purposes. The latest announcement on the property cooling measures was a very good deciding factor."

Lendlease's Asia chief executive officer Tony Lombardo said: "The response to our showsuite this past weekend has been overwhelming. We welcome the strong confidence buyers and investors have in Park Place Residences at Paya Lebar Quarter.

post-18880-0-29741300-1489362638_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

Luck does have a huge influence on when one is born, and the opportunities that are available immediately.

What luck has not that much influence on is in how one responds to failure, analyse situations and trends, sits out excessively high risk situations, and takes suitable and appropriate risks as opportunities re-surface over time, being prepared, bold and decisive when the opportune time arises.

From the point of feeling the need to buy car to ultimately buying a car, I took 2 plus full years, and still missed the $2 COE by 2 bids, but avoided the $30,000 to $40,000 COE. Was I lucky, or unlucky? Also consciously avoided the housing peak in 2013 when it was obvious the conditions were simply daunting.

The smoothening out of the motoring and property cycles via intervention helps to reduce the influence of luck, which is a great move to stabilise fluctuations in our tiny economy. Boom and bust cycles based on luck only benefit a small group of individuals. I feel that this is the way it is going to be going forward.

Your ex ceo has a lot of insight. Not many ceo who are usually alpha type personality acknowledge the overriding influence of luck

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 1