OBD II reader for W210

Kianbeng

Hi bros,

I'm looking for a local contact who sell OBD II reader for Mercedes W210. I think it's available quite cheaply on ebay / US websites. But I didn't want to risk having any sort of compatibility issues as I was told some OBD II doesn't work on W210??

Would be happy if this OBD II reader can also read both my W210 and my Toyota Fielder.....

Any one with any ideas?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

why not check with your mechanic if that particular model of scanner is ok for both your cars?

Hi bros,

I'm looking for a local contact who sell OBD II reader for Mercedes W210. I think it's available quite cheaply on ebay / US websites. But I didn't want to risk having any sort of compatibility issues as I was told some OBD II doesn't work on W210??

Would be happy if this OBD II reader can also read both my W210 and my Toyota Fielder.....

Any one with any ideas?

Your Toyota Fielder could be using CAN as it is much newer car, just buy one that can support CAN (latest protocol) and they are backwards compatible with other older ODB II protocol which will also work with the Merc W210

60pounds. So about SGD$138?

Do you have one yourself? Or looking for one?

SG....I know ppl sell it for about SGD2k but maybe other brands cost more.

Hi bros,

Any one with any ideas?

You got check engine light problem?

OBD tool is only good for reading the error code and reset it.

Toyota very difficult to see check engine light coming out under normal circumstances. [bounce1]

There is a world of difference in data accessing and downloading/reading ability for DIY fault code reset , afternarket professional and a OEM dealer sets. The difference in reflected in the prices.

Actually this tool can also be used to tap the monitoring features of the car. ie read sensor values while car is running. The manual says it's good to check this prior to car inspection. But I've not yet got the time to play with it more....

There's another reader which is better (but 2 times the price). Apart from just reading the real time sensors, it actually "diagnoses" if any problem. This reader I bought....can only give values.

Maybe last time it's more expensive as each manufacturers uses different standards and so it's like a proprietary thing. Nowadays the protocols are probably open (due to US requirement?) and many ppl are designing readers/diagnostic for it?

But anyhow I'm really glad I paid so much for this reader, even though it's very basic. But it served its purpose. [thumbsup]

You got check engine light problem?

OBD tool is only good for reading the error code and reset it.

Toyota very difficult to see check engine light coming out under normal circumstances. [bounce1]

My W210 always easily got CEL. Now with this tool I can easier troubleshoot the car myself.....no need to spend so much time going to the mechanic to check and everytime also not conclusive as the CEL doesn't come on frequently. Maybe once a month? ie, missfire in cylinder 1. Now I wait for another time for same error and I'll swap the ignition guns and see what happens.

My W210 always easily got CEL. Now with this tool I can easier troubleshoot the car myself.....no need to spend so much time going to the mechanic to check and everytime also not conclusive as the CEL doesn't come on frequently. Maybe once a month? ie, missfire in cylinder 1. Now I wait for another time for same error and I'll swap the ignition guns and see what happens.

Your error code P2227 or P106 ?

60pounds. So about SGD$138?

Do you have one yourself? Or looking for one?

SG....I know ppl sell it for about SGD2k but maybe other brands cost more.

I have a ELM323 (or 325) that do not support the newer CAN protocol, bought it SGD100+ locally.

So which brand/model is yours?

I have a ELM323 (or 325) that do not support the newer CAN protocol, bought it SGD100+ locally.

So which brand/model is yours?

Thats very cheap! From a shop or from someone? I'll PM you the brand....

Hi bros,

Any one with any ideas?

I think this is the one you will be looking for.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16925

Thats very cheap! From a shop or from someone? I'll PM you the brand....

thanks for the PM, I bought mine locally.

I think the link you gave, is for a more superior product. ie, yours can do away with the code book. For mine, i need the code book or the software to decode the code. Unless you remember by hard.

Anyway thats in USD right? I would think it's cheap for that kind of functionality.....mine is not much cheaper!

thanks for the PM, I bought mine locally.

From a shop? Or from someone directly?

↡ Advertisement