Coe miata worth how much?

Terras14

Hi guys,

any idea how much should a coe miata NA version cost in the market? The paper value is at best 2.5k X the number of years left but how much above to pay above that and the per year depreciation? Check out sgcarmart and most looking at at least 6k p.a. Many thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

any idea how much should a coe miata NA version cost in the market? The paper value is at best 2.5k X the number of years left but how much above to pay above that and the per year depreciation? Check out sgcarmart and most looking at at least 6k p.a. Many thanks.

in my opinion, most NA miata are all overly priced.

i would suggest you to get an NB and renew COE. in tat way, you see your car's depreciation at less than $5k per yr. not to mention driving a newer version = better interior and exterior.

I agree the nA are over priced but what to do if there are a few selling only and its difficult to find a good conditon one as the car is pretty old already.

For cars this age, especially the NA Miata's, there will bound to be problems. Most cars would have been involved in some kind of impact by now.

A friend has one and he's constantly doing something to it. Nothing major cos the engine and drivetrain are quite hardy. Just the small bits like rubber seals and bushings, suspension components...etc. He also had to change the whole roof and all the seals which was not cheap as he opted to upgrade the rear plastic screen to a glass one.

Of course, you cannot expected modern levels of refinement. It's a small roadster with minimal sound proofing. Expect it to be noisy and rough riding, especially if it's lowered (which most people do for looks). Lots of wind, road, mechanical and engine noises.

But on a cool day with the top down attacking a series of bends with verve, it is a sweet thing...

i would suggest you to get an NB and renew COE. in tat way, you see your car's depreciation at less than $5k per yr. not to mention driving a newer version = better interior and exterior.

Sellers of NA normally will also ask you renew cor and depreciation will be less than 3k per year with the current coe but just that the car will be 2 decades old already...haha

Neutral Newbie

Sellers of NA normally will also ask you renew cor and depreciation will be less than 3k per year with the current coe but just that the car will be 2 decades old already...haha

seriously, get the NB which is a wiser choice.

you can compare simply

1. NA - 20 yrs old $3.5k depreciation per yr

2. NB - 10 yrs old $5k depreciation per yr (nicer interior, better and more efficient engine, exterior is nice)

If its about the depreciation that bothers you, get the NA. Ironically, the NA might bother you when it comes to wear and tear and reliability issues.

Edited by Eurocar

Neutral Newbie

Very high PARF (under old system). Not worth it to extend COE, hence not attractive.

yes. but whether it is worth to extend COE depends on what type of car. for the miata, i would glady renew the COE (based on current PQP) and drive it for another 10 yrs.

Neutral Newbie

just to add on (a little too far fetched but its realistic), if the current NA can fetch $6k depreciation per yr, you can sell your 15 yr old NB in 5 yrs time at $30k if you are buying an NB with 10 yr COE at $50k.

for miatas, they are not the bread and butter cars. their value and sale price are usually based on supply and demand. I wouldnt mind getting a 15 yr old NB at $20k for sure!

what im saying is that it can definitely fetch more than $20k in future to come

IMHO, a car is worth the value based on what you ascertain it should be worth. For a car like the miata, there is more than just the paper value that you consider. At the end of the day, you will be wanting something more out of the roadster vs a 4-door sedan. Sometimes, a little premium is worth the experience you will get out of this little car.

Join the local miata community by signing up at Miata-SG and find out more from the members. [thumbsup]

For cars this age, especially the NA Miata's, there will bound to be problems. Most cars would have been involved in some kind of impact by now.

A friend has one and he's constantly doing something to it. Nothing major cos the engine and drivetrain are quite hardy. Just the small bits like rubber seals and bushings, suspension components...etc. He also had to change the whole roof and all the seals which was not cheap as he opted to upgrade the rear plastic screen to a glass one.

Of course, you cannot expected modern levels of refinement. It's a small roadster with minimal sound proofing. Expect it to be noisy and rough riding, especially if it's lowered (which most people do for looks). Lots of wind, road, mechanical and engine noises.

But on a cool day with the top down attacking a series of bends with verve, it is a sweet thing...

yeah, thats what i am worried abt, buy already ned to keep bringing to workshop...haha..i be very busy like that..anyone know apart from sgcarmart, anyone selling?

Neutral Newbie

Just b/c it's newer doesn't mean it's better interior or ex... I've had NA and NB and I prefer the exterior and interior design of the NA over the NB... honestly NB feels alot cheaper.. just look at the door handles and stuff... interior looks almost identical....

with that being said, NAs do seem way over priced...

Hi Bros, I'm looking to buy a Mazda MX-5 due for Scrap/COE renewal. 

I'm a Direct Buyer here looking to take over and renew COE myself, and taking care of the Baby. Skipping the ridiculous dealer fees..

​Please PM me.

↡ Advertisement