New CEPAS Compliant IU.... Started?

Chgoh

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I was wondering if new cars being delivered now (end June) have been installed with the new CEPAS compliant UIs that are able to take both the old CashCards and the new CEPAS cards (e.g. new EZLink cards).

Anybody knows?

gohch

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

:D found answer to my own question

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/...629-151617.html

LTA Launches dual-mode in-vehicle unit for cars

The new IU is designed to accept both the existing NETS CashCard and the new CEPAS-compliant ez-link card.

Mon, Jun 29, 2009

AsiaOne

From June 30, new car owners will have their vehicles fitted with the new generation In-vehicle Unit (IU), or dual-mode IU.

The new IU is designed to accept both the existing NETS CashCard and CEPAS-compliant cards such as the new CEPAS-compliant ez-link card.

Motorists will have a choice to use either the NETS CashCard or the new ez-link card once the cars are fitted with the dual-mode IU.

On top of the existing NETS CashCard, motorists with dual-mode IUs also have the option of using CEPAS-compliant cards for parking charges at Electronic Parking System (EPS) car parks that support the CEPAS standard from October 2009 when these EPS car parks are progressively upgraded.

Details will be announced at the end of September 2009.

Car owners are not required to change their current IU to the dual-mode IU. Nevertheless, motorists who wish to change to the new IU may do so at LTA Authorised Inspection Centres (see table below) at a cost of $150 (before GST and inclusive of installation).

Motorists are advised to call the centres beforehand to make an appointment.

If the carpark accept CEPAS card be it like NETS flashpay, does it perform Auto Top Up when perform exit at the gantry? If not still plat safe to have cash card act as standby.

If the carpark accept CEPAS card be it like NETS flashpay, does it perform Auto Top Up when perform exit at the gantry? If not still plat safe to have cash card act as standby.

If the car park accept Flashpay, it will perform auto top up.

Please take note that not all car park accept Flashpay.

Noob question. If i use ezlink card with auto top up, does the double deduction bug still exist? Meaning, if im low on value, will it go to the negative and then top up and deduct again? thanks alot!

Want to inquire, has anyone use CEPAS card to pay toll charges at Causeway or Tuas 2nd link? Didn't replace my cashcard since they expired last year, now using only CEPAS card to settle parking charges. So far only aware cashcard is used for toll charges, not sure whether CEPAS is useable as well

• Praise 1

46 minutes ago, Christan said:

Want to inquire, has anyone use CEPAS card to pay toll charges at Causeway or Tuas 2nd link? Didn't replace my cashcard since they expired last year, now using only CEPAS card to settle parking charges. So far only aware cashcard is used for toll charges, not sure whether CEPAS is useable as well

Please try and let us know :D

41 minutes ago, Christan said:

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/driving/entering_and_exiting_singapore/vehicles-registered-in-singapore.html

Before exiting Singapore

A stored-value card
Ensure that your stored-value card (NETS CashCard or CEPAS Card) has sufficient value to pay toll charges

Went JB last week. Able to use CEPAS type card to pay tolls at Singapore customs. Use the time to stock up on CNY stock + groceries + makan  

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Anyone using Cepas/Ezy Link card for their IU and parking? Any issues with old car parks? 

Nets flashcard expired. Thinking of switching to Cepas card permanently. 

I can't exit Automobile Megamart using CEPAS card.

Last year, I bought a new cashcard to replace an expired card.

Not going to be adventurous and stuck at the exit.

• Praise 1

@Volvobrick Yes, ever got stuck before. Some car parks only can take the old NETS cash card (especially those which you have to manually insert your card to pay).

4 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Anyone using Cepas/Ezy Link card for their IU and parking? Any issues with old car parks? 

Nets flashcard expired. Thinking of switching to Cepas card permanently. 

• Praise 1