Gz0707 4th Gear March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 Here is the simple version : http://www.ourcivilisation.com/fat/chap1.htm#Diet ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fresh Clutched March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 Don't search...READ, READ, READ!!! I am I am!!! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fresh Clutched March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 Here is the simple version : http://www.ourcivilisation.com/fat/chap1.htm#Diet thanks checking it out now... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mazdaowner Moderator March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 If you are, then ask stupid questions for what? Get back to reading!! I am I am!!! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickenbackside 1st Gear March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 (edited) thanks CBS... I was searching through the thread, but was not able to find (yet), links or explanation as to what happens to the fat that we consume. I remember reading: 1. it is not stored as fat 2. it bypasses the liver 3. it encourages the body to burn fat... is that about it? what's the science behind it? sorry if you've posted it before, but I've not managed to finish it. the net gives conflicting information... Thanks! I'm sure the science is somewhere in the thread. Basically, obesity is a disease of fat accumulation. Not a disease of overeating and under exercising. You see some people who eat a lot and are skinny, and you also see people who eat very little and are fat. The next time you watch TV and see news or a documentary where mothers in poverty stricken in 3rd world countries bring their starving, literally skin and bones, children to collect food aid, pay attention to whether the mothers are fat or skinny. Most of the mothers are obese with undernourished kids. Do you think the mothers ate all the food and left none for their kids? Fat storage/loss is a hormonal event. Which hormone plays the biggest role in fat accumulation? Insulin. More insulin, more often = more fat storage and less fat released for energy Less insulin, less often = less fat storage and more fat released for energy Very simply, the amount of insulin produced by your body is directly related to what you eat. Carbs = biggest insulin response Protein = quite large response, but offset by the energy needed to break it down Fat = almost zero insulin response If you really want to go into the science, I advice you to go to a library and look up biochemistry textbooks. This info is not new at all. It's been known since the 19th century. Too bad in the 20th century, big food corporations took over giving nutritional advice to the public. Edited March 10, 2011 by Chickenbackside Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fresh Clutched March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 (edited) thanks CBS. edit: a quick question is what does happen to the fat we eat? some stored? most burnt? passed out? thanks. Edited March 10, 2011 by Fresh Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fresh Clutched March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 If you are, then ask stupid questions for what? Get back to reading!! wahpiangz. you guys had a year+ to slowly build up this thread and read it... this is siong ok... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fresh Clutched March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 hey!! this ayam coconut cream is very yummy! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mazdaowner Moderator March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 Eyh, you want to get back to reading or keep whining? Everything all spoon fed, last time got so many, same thing, different day. wahpiangz. you guys had a year+ to slowly build up this thread and read it... this is siong ok... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fresh Clutched March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 Eyh, you want to get back to reading or keep whining? Everything all spoon fed, last time got so many, same thing, different day. not whining not whining!! really appreciate this thread. you all should differentiate this as High Fat High Reading Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mazdaowner Moderator March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 I'm putting you on my ignore list. not whining not whining!! really appreciate this thread. you all should differentiate this as High Fat High Reading Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Skunk Clutched March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 finished my bottle of Chivas. Starting on Jack Daniels tonight. heh. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Piyopico Supercharged March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 Okay price alert... Prime is selling Anchor butter at S$3.65 each... Grabbed another 2 more yesterday... For me, it's "neat" i.e. I chew on slabs of butter... My two noti furkids also developed a taste for butter, when I eat, must share with them Thanks bro! I just grabbed 20 blocks. The cashier aunty asked me if I am baking cakes ....... I told her I eat them in place of rice but she does not believe me. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Piyopico Supercharged March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 wahpiangz. you guys had a year+ to slowly build up this thread and read it... this is siong ok... MO joking only lah. Take your time to read, when you know the science behind it you will be more likely to succeed. BTW, did anyone tell u not to eat peanut butter and/or peanut derivative for that matter ? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Piyopico Supercharged March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 finished my bottle of Chivas. Starting on Jack Daniels tonight. heh. Terror man! I like all the Chinese grain derived hard liquour leh, how ah? Wu Liang Yeh, Jian Nan Chun etc etc Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickenbackside 1st Gear March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 thanks CBS. edit: a quick question is what does happen to the fat we eat? some stored? most burnt? passed out? thanks. From what I gather, it's different for everyone. When I first started, I literally passed the fat out. Then when my exercise intensity went up drastically, it definitely went to fueling my workouts and rebuilding whatever that needs rebuilding. But you can be sure that some is stored, some is used for repair, some is used for energy... The key is to make your body not store it by limiting the storage biomechanism. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Skunk Clutched March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 Terror man! I like all the Chinese grain derived hard liquour leh, how ah? Wu Liang Yeh, Jian Nan Chun etc etc as long as 40% and above, preferably 45% alcohol, the amount of carbs is negligible....nearly zero. I like "Qing Ger".....Tibetan Rye Liquor.....omg powerful lol Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Piyopico Supercharged March 10, 2011 Share March 10, 2011 as long as 40% and above, preferably 45% alcohol, the amount of carbs is negligible....nearly zero. I like "Qing Ger".....Tibetan Rye Liquor.....omg powerful lol Where to buy and how much? I can try try. Now Wu Liang Yeh very expensive, even in China itz more than a hundred fifty bucks oredi. Inflation very jialak. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
DSG Reset Procedure without VAGCOM
DSG Reset Procedure without VAGCOM
Car travelling without headlight on
Car travelling without headlight on
Mandatory wearing of masks in public spaces even if you're exercising?
Mandatory wearing of masks in public spaces even if you're exercising?
Ok to leave transmission in P mode without using handbrake?
Ok to leave transmission in P mode without using handbrake?
Left Msia without chop
Left Msia without chop
Buying a car without COE
Buying a car without COE
Help - Driving without License
Help - Driving without License