Thanks to COE, i earn $12k in 2mth

Nimm12

yah, either idiots or rich

or rich idiots

[:)]

So for oldies who have owned a car in those early era where a puny 1.6 car could exceed 100k+ including COE, they are also idiots lor? <_<

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

you bought at $4k COE?

make sure your car dont crash and claim total damage tomorow

its worth peanuts

[laugh]

(btw my COE is $20k, peanuts compared to current $45k, but is worth 5piece of $4k COE)

Nimm12 dulan liao [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

hope i dun get to see that day. really way to expensive to live in sg le...

COE prices was way over $100k before, and HDB did hit $950k before, so pple in the 90s are richer??

u mean it's expensive to lead the high life in sg :D

Neutral Newbie

i also doubt this all the time. even here in MCF nobody really discussed widely, why? MCF full of AD/PI & dealers?

Every dealers are singing to the same tune that current car owners will gain by selling their car.

But no one mention whether are they are moving away from the "Paper+Body" to "depreciation price" calculation for trade-in car.

I suspect you will need to buy a car from them in order to enjoy a slightly higher trade-in value.

Anyone visited dealers and ask how much they want to take your car?

I strongly suspect they will ask for your IC# & car# and check LTA website for paper value. Then say your car no market value, at most give you $XXXX for body. I think Korea and china car body will surely SUCKS.

bro from my experience of buying and selling 2nd hand car, the dealer will always take in at "Paper+Body" cos the "depreciation price" is their profit. and by buying at "Paper+Body" the dealers ensure that if anything go wrong, they can still scrape the car and recover the money.

Only chance that they will take in our car at "depreciation price" is most probaly the high COE is here to stay and has stabilse over time. If not they will be taking a huge risk to take in our car at "depreciation price" now cos over the next two month if the COE plunge then they will be stuck with the cars. [:p]

There's no cure for stupidity [laugh]

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

===Albert Einstein====

Neutral Newbie

COE prices was way over $100k before, and HDB did hit $950k before, so pple in the 90s are richer??

u mean it's expensive to lead the high life in sg :D

people in the 90's were not richer but more panicky. ^_^ tink that time they see all things going up they tot that it will not come down. so 950k for a flat is nothing if i can sell it 1.5mil later. and wat is a 100k COE? if i know 200k COE is just ard the corner. [:p]

or there is another term for this situation? a bubble? musical chair? just make sure u r not the one holding on to the chair when the music stopped. [bigcry]

Neutral Newbie

Wah this Thread made 3 MCFers Banned :

Fedup-Camry

Tom-Mouse

Nimm12kenasai

can i start a topic?: "Thanks to Nimm12 the PCB, 3 MCF members kena banned."

I have been driving for the past 15 years, one thing i notice coe goes up ,coe comes down, goes up comes down....funny thing is when coe was stable at around 2-3k for few months somewhere last year...nobody dare to buy...only few with enough cash buy but when coe is reaching 40+ k everybody go buy , funny issit it? so overall , i somehow dun really bother abt the coe thingy already. I just bought a resale 2L at around 50K last year, my friend sms me few days ago saying I should now be happy and smiling since the coe goes up to 45K for the 2L cat. I look at the msg and wonder , why shd I be happy? I bought the car at 50K, I do my sums. If the coe goes up to 100k also nothing to do with me what. I am still paying the same mthly installment driving the same car. This thread somehow got me thinking: if I bought myself a big mac for $6 to eat but the next day they annouce big mac now is $10 bucks, should I be happy? I am still eating the same big mac. does it taste better cause my Big mac cost $4 cheaper? Likewise, if I bought a Kia forte for 69K before the COE goes up, then the new price now is 80K, I am still driving the same Forte .all I can say is only Heng ah, lucky I buy ealier. For those that feel ,since I already bought mine,coe must go up higher and higher so that I feel good is simply self centred and selfish....and of cos . not to mention ignorant.....It is just a car, you drive ofr 10 yrs scrap....thats crap! its just someone setting and playing with numbers and some are actually getting into their Game and happy about it.Sad case! Peace, its just my opinion....and not here for war -May all be well and happy-

for every 10k increase in COE price, my odyssey 2.4a is worth ~$4k more in the resale market!

very easy to calculate (new odyssey OMV is currently 36k)

when COE 26k, a brand new odyssey cost yearly depreciation 10k -> a used 4yr old odyssey 2.4a ~60% of new price = 6k yearly depreciation

when COE 36k, a brand new odyssey cost yearly depreciation 11k -> a used 4yr old odyssey 2.4a ~60% of new price = 6.6k yearly depreciation

when COE 46k, a brand new odyssey cost yearly depreciation 12k -> a used 4yr old odyssey 2.4a ~60% of new price = 7.2k yearly depreciation

so u see every 10k increase in COE price = $600 more depreciation per year for used car -> a 4yr old car with 6yr COE left will cost extra $600*6 = $3,600

i bought my odyssey when COE was 16k => yearly depreciation 5.1k

now COE 46k, my gain = 6yr * (7.2 - 5.1) = $12k!!

i bought at 45k just 2mth+ ago, and now i can sell it for 57k

comparing a brand new odyssey selling close to $138k now, i think $57k is a very good price for a 4yr old car right?

(dont tell me about selling high and buying high... i am happy to hold the extra paper value for now, but if COE breach $80k, i will consider selling)

[laugh]

Don't think dealers will pay you that kind of price. Unless you meet a novice buyer [laugh]

↡ Advertisement