Jump to content

3 room HDB flats


Picanto
 Share

Recommended Posts

Turbocharged

there are people who buy tiny pigeon hole condos at high price. for those who have the $$ but see no point in paying for nice compound, can get resale 3-rm for fraction of the cost and spend a few tens of thousands to reno until even nicer than condo.

 

different strokes for different folks lah. don't assume everyone in 3-rm bought it direct from HDB and thus has combined household income below 3k.

 

Yes, confirmed it's 3K DECLARED INCOME [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

those living in such flats are supposed to be the lower income group. but their carparks are fiiled with altis, sunny, civic, latio and even an occassional mercs/bmw. hard to find a lot at 8pm on a normal weekday. cars must have been so cheap that even those living in such flats can afford it.

 

its good that this is about to be changed as the quota is going to be cut further.

 

I'm one of those staying in a 3 room....bought it from resale market. Why need such a big flat if I don't have kids?

 

BTW, my car's in my avartar.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

buy resale...........my friend who do not have kids, bought a 1 room flat with his wife and stay there, while renting out his condo...

 

Errr...1 roon flat a bit chiam la....don't need to go to such extend.

 

Ok... I have a condo now, and if I get married say tommorrow, can I still buy a 3room resale after that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

the govt is going after these people. i think there was a crackdown last few mths

 

Dude, he's renting out the condo and buying a resale flat. What's illegal abt that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude, he's renting out the condo and buying a resale flat. What's illegal abt that?

 

its a 1 room flat he is talking about.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

yes it is true

 

there are many living from pay check to pay check but on the "outside" looks very kilat with big house big car

 

i know a neighbour who lives in the old kallang airport living frugally but owns several shop houses in lavender

 

to each his own

 

nobody really questions the ministers asset as by right being civil servants they have to declare

 

i just cannot understand how come our president earns 3 millions dollars a year without a need to hold any responsibility to make any major decision for the country

or for that matter ministers who performed poorly still earns 2-3 million dollars a year while the rest of us are still quarrelling about a few hundred here and there for our salary

 

 

who did we get into this deep s h i t

 

at the end of the day, to each his own, and happiness is definited differently for different people

since we all have only 1 life to live, some believe in LIVING NOW rather than retirement comes as then we may be too old to show off to our friends

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also want to buy resale 3 rm flat, but I only want to buy those new type with condo layout like full height window, corridor to the 2 bedrooms, 25th floor, seaview,basement/multi-storey carpark ect... I think you can get those at Sengkang but you have to wait for a few years before you can buy in the resale market. By then don't know how much it will cost? above or below 300K???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

I also want to buy resale 3 rm flat, but I only want to buy those new type with condo layout like full height window, corridor to the 2 bedrooms, 25th floor, seaview,basement/multi-storey carpark ect... I think you can get those at Sengkang but you have to wait for a few years before you can buy in the resale market. By then don't know how much it will cost? above or below 300K???

 

By that time, it should be above $300k liao lor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

just a question. If their household combine is NOT under 3k, then how do they manage to buy direct?

 

I also want to know. My pay is high, but I want a 3 room also so that I can stay there and rent out my condo.

 

 

If your pay is truly high, you wont be doing that.

 

quite lame leh....

 

heh

Edited by Throttle2
Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

My 3 room neighbours here drives cars the like of camrys, accords, the occasional Mitsuka ,more commonly E classes and that 1 special 6 series.

 

Yeah , my 3 room neighbors here drive mostly premium contis, plenty of Mercies , Bimmers, Audis, etc..and the odd handful of supercars.

Japanese and Korean cars also have, but much lesser.

 

It's funny that my landed house neighbors drive much cheaper cars, mostly japs, handful of E class and 5er, a few S class and 7er.

I'm the only 6er around. no supercars.

 

 

Edited by Throttle2
Link to post
Share on other sites

at my gf 3 room HDB at AMK, I can see quite a number of good cars at the carpark . 2 S class, a 1series BMW, 1 6 series BMW and several camrys and accord.

 

Guess they have fully paid up the house instalments and had spare cash monthly to splurge..elec and water bills also wont be too high.

 

Its all about distribution of ur finance..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
(edited)

[/b]

 

 

If your pay is truly high, you wont be doing that.

 

quite lame leh....

 

heh

 

why not? I don't see your logic.

 

I buy a 3-room flat and I can rent out my condo. The rental from the condo probably could pay off my monthly 3 room HDB mortgage plus some change. The spare change can be plough back to pay the mortgage of the condo.

 

Most people with high salaries does this. This is how they own several properties but they would stay at the HDB while renting out all the privates. The rental yield from the privates is enough the pay off all their properties and they basically work for fun.

Edited by Icedbs
Link to post
Share on other sites

at my gf 3 room HDB at AMK, I can see quite a number of good cars at the carpark . 2 S class, a 1series BMW, 1 6 series BMW and several camrys and accord.

 

Guess they have fully paid up the house instalments and had spare cash monthly to splurge..elec and water bills also wont be too high.

 

Its all about distribution of ur finance..

 

but 90% chance that the S class and the 6series are visitors lah...

 

I sometimes also visit my in laws who stay in 4 room flat.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

why not? I don't see your logic.

 

I buy a 3-room flat and I can rent out my condo. The rental from the condo probably could pay off my monthly 3 room HDB mortgage plus some change. The spare change can be plough back to pay the mortgage of the condo.

 

Most people with high salaries does this. This is how they own several properties.

 

Sure, I dont mean it's impossible.

 

Those are people with not so high salary.

 

If salary is truly high, no need to do that.

 

Lets not talk about exceptions here.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
(edited)

Sure, I dont mean it's impossible.

 

Those are people with not so high salary.

 

If salary is truly high, no need to do that.

 

Lets not talk about exceptions here.

 

Err.....then if really high salary what do you do?

 

Just put all the money in the bank?

 

Or keep buying private? That's of course is possible, but if we can leverage on the cheaper HDB to make more, why not?

 

When did you see a high salary earner would ever be satisfied with whatever he is earning?

 

Most of my colleagues who probably earn more than me are staying in HDB while renting out all their condos. And this is also why you may see some big cars in the HDB carparks.

Edited by Icedbs
Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Err.....then if really high salary what do you do?

 

Just put all the money in the bank?

 

Or keep buying private? That's of course is possible, but if we can leverage on the cheaper HDB to make more, why not?

 

When did you see a high salary earner would ever be satisfied with whatever he is earning?

 

Most of my colleagues who probably earn more than me are staying in HDB while renting out all their condos. And this is also why you may see some big cars in the HDB carparks.

 

 

Yes Yes I understand what you are saying. I'm not saying that what you are saying is illogical.

 

but..... well you are missing my point.

 

I guess we have different idea of high salary.......thats all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS. what I mean is your colleagues salary is probably not really high.

and if they truly have high salary and still have to do that, then they are lame to me.

It's about how you use money not how you make money, that defines a person.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Throttle2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Err.....then if really high salary what do you do?

 

Just put all the money in the bank?

 

Or keep buying private? That's of course is possible, but if we can leverage on the cheaper HDB to make more, why not?

 

When did you see a high salary earner would ever be satisfied with whatever he is earning?

 

Most of my colleagues who probably earn more than me are staying in HDB while renting out all their condos. And this is also why you may see some big cars in the HDB carparks.

 

bro, maybe the 2 of you differs in your opinion of "high salary earner"..... how much a month would you deem is high?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
(edited)

Yes Yes I understand what you are saying. I'm not saying that what you are saying is illogical.

 

but..... well you are missing my point.

 

I guess we have different idea of high salary.......thats all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS. what I mean is your colleagues salary is probably not really high.

and if they truly have high salary and still have to do that, then they are lame to me.

It's about how you use money not how you make money, that defines a person.

 

Ok..perhaps Warren Buffet, one of the richest man in the world is also lame to you because he is still staying in his old house (bought in 1958) in Ohama while making money out from his other assets.

Edited by Icedbs
↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...