Really hate sonata taxi

Acerchan2002

Neutral Newbie

Whatever you say lor... [laugh] You happy can liao...can't be bothered...driving a van must be delivery boy job? Shallow thinking you have...FYI I OWN my own company that van is just 1 of my 5 vans in my company...oppsss why i even bother explaining to somebody who took his mothers dowry to buy his pathetic Latio...haizzz... [smash] Stereotyping people like you can't go far in life...also you're single...why? Driving cheap car no gal want you ah? Tell you what... if you got the balls to meet me outside I'll show you what car I'm driving now and see whether can I tear your cheap Latio like tissue...that is IF...but judging from your personality...should be a PUSSY instead...How's that? ( I suspect even your cheap car belongs to your father)

Bro.. dun say latio very cheap leh.. i pay till face white white leh...

btw, it cfm lose to sonata.. but can win QQ, getz, and most lorries..

That's why some cars have twin turbo or SC + TC. One for low end and one for mid end onwards.

yes golf sports.

but funny my SC only kicks in at 2.8k i think but it has power all the way till 5k+++

Neutral Newbie

Bro.. dun say latio very cheap leh.. i pay till face white white leh...

btw, it cfm lose to sonata.. but can win QQ, getz, and most lorries..

Sorry if I offended you with my remark...it's aimed at that guy/gal not all Latio owners...my sincere apologies to you [wave]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

yes golf sports.

but funny my SC only kicks in at 2.8k i think but it has power all the way till 5k+++

isn't SC supposed to kick in the low RPMs? how come urs got lag?

if ur SC only kicks in fr 2.8k rpm to 5k+ rpm, u have abt 2.2+k rpm of power.. fun or not?

Edited by Vinnmui

isn't SC supposed to kick in the low RPMs? how come urs got lag?

if ur SC only kicks in fr 2.8k rpm to 5k+ rpm, u have abt 2.2+k rpm of power.. fun or not?

not sure but thats what my manual says.

fun la [laugh] after all the mods, it really flies at 4-5k.

the Skoda Superb 2.5TDI V6 sure can go fast....

that time i ask the driver to drive fast cos i was rushing for an appointment,

he went 160kph constant on BKE....

but that's the fastest me and the driver would ever wanna go....

cos i could feel the car lifting off the ground, and the ride became really bumpy, and the tyre noise and wind noise was biblical.....

sonata taxis on the other hand, accelerate fast off the line, but runs out of puff when it reaches 110kph....after that, it takes the car forever to reach 140kph and above (based on the taxis i've sat in)....

anyway, go so fast for what sia??? need to pang siu issit???

Neutral Newbie

not sure but thats what my manual says.

fun la [laugh] after all the mods, it really flies at 4-5k.

wow.. wat sort of mods did u do? [laugh]

(edited)

wow.. wat sort of mods did u do? [laugh]

[laugh] kleemann tuned

eg. piggyback ecu with tune, high flow cat (downpipe), exhaust manifold, crank pulley, water pump pulley, fuel injectors, race plugs, hurricane air filter amongst some other stuff

Edited by Cerano

Well, guys...Have your ever took Sonata Taxis and see how they brake?

I took them for a few times....Those taxis drivers, shift the Gear From D- To N.....Then just brake....

I really wonder if they think Auto Gearbox is like Manual Gearbox...

If i am not wrong, in the long run....They will actually spoil the gearbox.....

the electronic actuators inside the gearbox will failed much earlier than those that do not swift from D to N as they have a life span

exactly my point. wat sort of timer can control boost? nowadays in the market got all in one boost controller or all in one turbo timer?

turbo timer is used when you want to cool down the Turbo charger after you have switch off the ignition keys and lock your car. It allows the engine to continue running, depending on your time setting, so that the oil inside the Turbo charger will not be "cooked".

Boost controller can let you set and hold the boost higher than the stock limit boost on the waste gate actuator.

we'll meet the GTR at the next traffic light (that's on Upper Thomson Road)....

and true enough for the subsequent traffic light,

though the GTR was chionging all the way,

we still met up eventually at every other traffic light, until he turned into AMK Ave 5....

Bro, typo? Upper Thomson Rd links to AMK Ave 1 and Yio Chu Kang but not to AMK Ave 5 right?

I don't like the sonata taxi as well

Actually I not against the Sonata taxis but rather the drivers.

That's why some cars have twin turbo or SC + TC. One for low end and one for mid end onwards.

For twin turbos they are usually symmetrical and not sequential in design. Sequential twin turbos means a smaller turbo spools first before the larger turbo (correct me if i'm wrong). Like R35 currently runs on a mirror image symmetrical twin turbo set-up (two relatively small turbos mated to a 3.8L engine that theoretically spools concurrently). I don't know of any stock car which runs on sequential twin-turbo set-up.

Supercharging + turbocharging is otherwise know as surbo-charging right?

sonata taxis on the other hand, accelerate fast off the line, but runs out of puff when it reaches 110kph....after that, it takes the car forever to reach 140kph and above (based on the taxis i've sat in)....

anyway, go so fast for what sia??? need to pang siu issit???

Doesn't seem to be the case in three separate incidents I experienced.

Twice I took two separate Sonata cabs from the airport to my place at Tampines and they hit 140km/h easily - even with four passengers and baggage. (Both showing signs of great displeasure along the way, possibly due to the short trip after queuing at the airport? I understand their frustration, but with lots of heavy baggage after midnight public transport is out!)

The third incident happened earlier in March. I was due to take my Class 4 test and realized I left the attendance card and relevant documents at my home in Tampines. There was just 45 minutes to go, and with morning traffic in Singapore (sign read "massive jam on PIE"), going from my aunt's place in Clementi to Tampines and then to Jurong in that time would have been nearly impossible. I am forever grateful to the driver of the Sonata taxi I managed to flag down - upon hearing of my predicament he avoided the highways and really rushed at 150km/h whenever the road was clear on parts of the Bartley and Kaki Bukit flyovers. Under normal circumstances I would be praying that I would get to my destination in one piece, but this time I was praying I would reach on time and that we wouldn't meet too many lights or road hoggers! Under normal circumstances I would criticize this driver for dangerous driving, but in this case I couldn't help feeling grateful that he was willing to drive at double the speed limit and risk getting "kantong-ed"! In the end, made it - with 10 minutes to spare!

During this trip, there were times when the cab came up behind other cars and he had to brake to 70 or 80km/h - as soon as he overtook (usually on the left) the vehicle accelerated to 150km/h very easily - no sign of struggling or being out of breath. Not sure about higher speeds than that, and not that I'd want to experience it!

↡ Advertisement