Really hate sonata taxi

Acerchan2002

This afternoon i was on CTE. I was travelling on lane 1 (Overtaking lane) at abt 120+, there were also vehicles infront of me. I always like to keep a safe distance of about 3-4 cars length..Suddenly a fast approaching cab starting to tailgate me, what he did next was giving me a few taps of horn + beam. I wanted to give way to him by switching to lane 2 as i have my family members onboard(already quite pissed). But i have to find a space to squeeze into lane 2 to let this idiot overtake,after overtaking he still got the cheek to stare at me when he pass me. I immediately blast my STEBEL horn. Then he do the same fxxing thing to the car infront of him again and again.

↡ Advertisement

taxi uncle thinks his taxi is ambulance and everyone needs to give way to him mah... [laugh]

There are so many kings and queens on the road so just ignore and stick to ur normal driving pattern. As long as u are not roadhogging dun give a damn...

This afternoon i was on CTE. I was travelling on lane 1 (Overtaking lane) at abt 120+, there were also vehicles infront of me. I always like to keep a safe distance of about 3-4 cars length..Suddenly a fast approaching cab starting to tailgate me, what he did next was giving me a few taps of horn + beam. I wanted to give way to him by switching to lane 2 as i have my family members onboard(already quite pissed). But i have to find a space to squeeze into lane 2 to let this idiot overtake,after overtaking he still got the cheek to stare at me when he pass me. I immediately blast my STEBEL horn. Then he do the same fxxing thing to the car infront of him again and again.

Afew possibilities :

1) He's abt to lao sai

2) His family member RIP soon

3) He's on heat...going to release his cum juice to any willing female who's gonna spread her legs for him

Neutral Newbie

i hate those sonata taxi drivers. they are freaking idiots think that they have lots of hp and torque to ultilise. they thinks that their freaking taxi are the fastest on the road. sometimes i jus feel like doing an emergency brake to let them kiss my car's butt and there goes their pathetic daily earnings and claim their insurance gao gao.

aiyah,

those torquey turbo diesel on the Sonata,

driving even at 140kph is like doing a 100kph in some cars....

maybe the driver just changed from the Crown to the Sonata.....

give him sometime to change his driving attitude....

a slight tap on the torquey Sonata will get that car to quite high speed already....

well, it was nice of TS to give way to him. Kudos to that.

I can't imagine any person who would horn and high beam every one in front unless it's a true blue emergency. Let's give him some benefit of doubt.

Nothing to do with incapacity to deal with new power. My cars get more and more powerful; I also don't go around tailgating every bugger. Just keep a distance.

But I've noticed a lot of jokes[note the word; not jokers but jokes.] tailgating me even when I'm cruising at speed limit in the middle lane. They need fodder for their low ego?

let those tail-gaters be lah....

just as long as you know you've done your part in giving way to faster motorists than you....

good enough already....

those tail-gaters will learn their lesson the hard way now or later, when they get involved in an accident for following too close to the car in front....

I am have been observing quite awhile whenever I am on the road everyday.....most of these drivers, 9 out of 10 will speed.....giving taxi-driver a bad name.. you can observe too

Neutral Newbie

aiyah,

those torquey turbo diesel on the Sonata,

driving even at 140kph is like doing a 100kph in some cars....

maybe the driver just changed from the Crown to the Sonata.....

give him sometime to change his driving attitude....

a slight tap on the torquey Sonata will get that car to quite high speed already....

Are these Sonatas really turbo-charged?

These taxis are not turbo charged....But they are equipped with a CRDi...

They are diesel powered thus have higher torque.....

One thing to mention, these taxis are powerful...Its 2.0l diesel engine if i am not wrong...

Hypersonic
(edited)

Do you know what you are talking abt or not?

The Sonata engine is turbo charged, as with all modern diesel engine.

And CRDI is not a device, it is a term.

As in VW TDI, Merc CDI.

Edited by Fcw75

Hyundai Sonata

138bhp 2.0 turbodiesel CDX

Performance is keen and swift overtaking is possible, thanks to greater urge in the mid-range. You'll get an average of 46.3mpg in manual format, but choosing the optional automatic gearbox will cut this to 38.7mpg.

Body type Saloon

Number of doors 4

Number of seats 5

Engine (cc/type) 1991/4

Number of Valves 16

Fuel type Diesel

Max power (bhp/rpm) 138/4000

Engine position F

Driven wheels Front

Length (mm) 4,800

Width (mm) 1,832

Height (mm) 1,475

Front headroom (mm) 860

Front legroom (mm) 1,050

Rear headroom (mm) 850

Rear kneeroom (mm) 730

Boot space (min ltr) 462

Boot space (max ltr) 462

Turning circle (m) 10.90

Towing weight (kg) 1,700

Kerb weight (kg) 1,738

0-60 mph (secs) 10.7

Max speed (mph) 126

extracted from http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?aBI...opicID=16836572

2.0 CRDI 16V VGT Turbo Diesel

Technical changes to the exhaust gas heat transfer system of the sophisticated diesel result in a power increase to 149PS at 3,800rpm and massive torque of 31.1kg/m at a lowly 2,000rpm.