2bfree Neutral Newbie June 8, 2010 Share June 8, 2010 I sometimes find it amusing that the young nowadays always have to make it a point to argue thru the most insignificant stuff. Or rather, do they even understand wat is happening in the first place? An example of wat happened to me tis evening, I parked my car at the side of a kerb in an open car park to go to the ATM. Came back, start engine, engage reverse & suddenly tis motorbike just stop behind me. Remember, I was in reverse gear liao. The only way I could go out of the carpark was to reverse, so I gently horn. The rider ignored & just came dwn from his bike, leaving the pillion on the bike. Guess the rider was in a hurry to run some errands. As the bike was like less than a bike's length from me, I open my door & asked the pillion to be careful as I m reversing, in hokkien tho. The pillion, a girl, then shut for the rider. The rider turn back, came back to the bike, I told him the same thing in hokkien. "Be careful, I m reversing." NB,......that RETARD answered, "Turn steering wheel lah." WTF......So I told him, "Who duno dat but I m asking u to be careful only?" With his retarded brain, he answered, " I not blocking ur way mah." ZZZZZzzzzzzzz.........Guess my car is not big enuff for him to see. Its just in front of his BIG BIG BIKE. And the short distance from the front of my car is the kerb. I driving a car not a HELICOPTER. The youngsters nowadays. Sigh. Another example will be the few youngsters in my office. Everytime their seniors give them an advice on how to carry out their work more effectively, they have to make an arguement about hw theirs is beta or at least as effective as the senior's. If not they will suggest something bloody unconstructive & REDUNDANT. Why cant they just at least give it a thought before they start making an arguement? I would totally understand if they are in their teens but nope, they are not. Or are they still living in their teens? I seldom encounter this during my early working years. And I started working when I was 15. I admit I am one of those argumentative type when I was in my teen. But really, NS did make me a beta & tolerant person. Dont these "babies" go thru NS? Or is it really the characteristics of the "strawberry" generation? All said. I am not being biase against the youngsters nowadays. I don't belittle them. Just sharing this online to have some discussion so as to understand them beta cos more & more chances of encountering them in my work. Cheers. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vextan 1st Gear June 8, 2010 Share June 8, 2010 i think nowdays youngsters are more independant and have a mind of their own, unlike the ealier generation which show more respect to seniors . how i noe, cos i see them everyday in my work . they reason with you, argue with you, and tend to show displeasure easily. but i think this isnt a bad thing entirely, depending on from there how they develop into. but its true that young people tend to be more impulsive and jump into things easily, unlike older people who think more before acting. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Damienic 5th Gear June 8, 2010 Share June 8, 2010 You can't really shove things down the throat of the younger generation these days. They dun take things at face value and will question. Very different from people born during the 70s and before.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chewbacca 1st Gear June 8, 2010 Share June 8, 2010 (edited) Youngsters don't question and argue: Not independent, can't think for themselves. Youngsters question and argues: Too argumentative, nit-picky. Just....just saying, man, just saying. Edit: In this case, though, I'll just complain about youngsters being impolite. That seems true for this case. Edited June 8, 2010 by Chewbacca Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ender Hypersonic June 8, 2010 Share June 8, 2010 Youngsters don't question and argue: Not independent, can't think for themselves. Youngsters question and argues: Too argumentative, nit-picky. Just....just saying, man, just saying. Edit: In this case, though, I'll just complain about youngsters being impolite. That seems true for this case. Problem is most of the time their arguments are not contructive, and mainly aim at taking the easy way out or just want to do a hush hush job instead of a swee swee job. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vextan 1st Gear June 8, 2010 Share June 8, 2010 but everyone has to be young and rash before, only to grow wiser and steadier. isnt it ? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Krado Clutched June 8, 2010 Share June 8, 2010 Why cant they just at least give it a thought before they start making an arguement? Because no one has made an app for that. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Davidklt Supercharged June 8, 2010 Share June 8, 2010 Youngsters now adays think the world needs to revolve around them..its a result of over pampering.. Seen too many of them in the office. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fcw75 Hypersonic June 8, 2010 Share June 8, 2010 Nowadays it's all about ME only. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
TandemAssassin 1st Gear June 8, 2010 Share June 8, 2010 I see nothing wrong with being more questioning. Those who do so w/o thinking through are simply the less intelligent ones. Personally while I respect my parents, I do not believe in blindly being respectful to every senior, especially those who try to use their age/seniority to "pull rank". At the end of the day, you have to earn my respect. If not for my parents' disapproval, I will address my extended relatives by first name. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aimnfire 4th Gear June 8, 2010 Share June 8, 2010 well most of them are rude, snobbish and lack of respect towards others. to them, its the world owing them something remember some young YP having dialogue session with MM a few years back at the end of it, MM said that ALL the question post direct to him by the yp are about I, I and I. not about We, We and We. they are more concern about themselves rather than the masses Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Krado Clutched June 8, 2010 Share June 8, 2010 (edited) they are more concern about themselves rather than the masses What do the iMac, iPhone, iPod, iPad, i-VTEC, i-DIOT, iOne, iTwo, iThree, iGallop have in common? Edited June 8, 2010 by Krado Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Benarsenal Turbocharged June 8, 2010 Share June 8, 2010 The world is like that already mah. It's all about the "I" generation. Nowadays cannot just take. Must "analyse and question". Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Maldini03 1st Gear June 8, 2010 Share June 8, 2010 (edited) I think the after 1985 generation are very much smarter and faster. They are shrewd because they are better thinker comparing to us the previous generation. Each generation has pro and cons. I think there is also something for us to learn from them too, no? btw, I am not after the 1985 generation. Edited June 8, 2010 by Maldini03 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Krado Clutched June 8, 2010 Share June 8, 2010 I think the after 1985 generation are very much smarter and faster. They are shrewd because they are better thinker comparing to us the previous generation. Each generation has pro and cons. I think there is also something for us to learn from them too, no? btw, I am not after the 1985 generation. Its precisely because of the "smarter and faster" world we live in today that we can't "slow down and be more courteous". ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
2019 7th Generation BMW 3 Series (G20 / G21)
2019 7th Generation BMW 3 Series (G20 / G21)
Next generation of smartphones - foldable phones
Next generation of smartphones - foldable phones
4th generation Suzuki Jimny coming in 2018.
4th generation Suzuki Jimny coming in 2018.
2020/2021 and 2023/2024 Facelift 4th Generation Kia Sorento
2020/2021 and 2023/2024 Facelift 4th Generation Kia Sorento
2nd Generation Peugeot 3008
2nd Generation Peugeot 3008
2019 2nd Generation Audi Q3
2019 2nd Generation Audi Q3
The all-new Third Generation Opel Zafira Tourer MPV!
The all-new Third Generation Opel Zafira Tourer MPV!
10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)
10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)