IcyFire Neutral Newbie June 23, 2016 Share June 23, 2016 The sound only comes out when you are going down from the hump. Nothing to do with GPS coz it was off. Car cam event detection alert? ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Muser 4th Gear June 23, 2016 Share June 23, 2016 (edited) I follow the specs. 240.. tyre also using stock size. 225/45/18 Looking to trade with 16 or 17inches and top up is on me. Pic of my rim Beautiful rims, and in great condition too. I've always been a fan of your generation of K5 rims. Sorry I'm not being of any real help with regard to your swapping project, but I was just curious what sort of tyres you're using. As @teomingern points out, his Sonata runs 235/45R18, which - all things remaining equal - are probably stiffer than yours because of the width, to say nothing of increased FC due to rolling resistance. I also find that when it comes to low profile tyres, every little bit of sidewall height makes a difference, so I'm glad my Subaru Legacy runs 225/50R18, which are just slightly higher profile than yours. In case you never get around to swapping out your rims, I hope it's some comfort that they are super chio, and complement the K5 styling perfectly. Edited June 23, 2016 by Muser Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
teomingern Supercharged June 23, 2016 Share June 23, 2016 Yeah... it's the modders type of rims... very surprised that Kia decided to go do such bling bling rims actually... ha ha... I hope to change my next set to profile 50 if possible lar... but it's going to impact my speedometer and odometer... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kennethoka 2nd Gear June 23, 2016 Share June 23, 2016 I think the tyre very important. like now my ride is using 215/45/R17 which is very common profile, therefore i'm spoilt with choice. But now I'm going to change to SUV soon, when I check the tyre profile it is using 235/55/R18 and not a lot of choice in Singapore market. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kevinhwc 2nd Gear June 23, 2016 Share June 23, 2016 Yeah.. just realised that and confirmed with SE. Car cam event detection alert? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Goldenvodka 2nd Gear June 23, 2016 Share June 23, 2016 (edited) Still in pristine conditions.... these are 18" right?Yup. 18. Seems that the previous owner took great care of the vehicle. Wanting to switch to either 16 or 17 stock rims only. No way I gonna trade this beautiful rim with ugly aftermarket rims Edited June 23, 2016 by Goldenvodka Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Muser 4th Gear June 23, 2016 Share June 23, 2016 Yeah... it's the modders type of rims... very surprised that Kia decided to go do such bling bling rims actually... ha ha... I hope to change my next set to profile 50 if possible lar... but it's going to impact my speedometer and odometer... Yar, super bling, look aftermarket (in a good way), and made me stop and look every time a K5 drove by. Really like them. Bigger tyres don't just impact speedo and odo, but change gearing too, which could potentially mean slower acceleration. Don't lah. Wanting to switch to either 16 or 17 stock rims only. No way I gonna trade this beautiful rim with ugly aftermarket rims But many aftermarket rims are nice, tasteful, and lighter than stock rims some more (better pickup, FC, handling, etc) leh. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
teomingern Supercharged June 23, 2016 Share June 23, 2016 Yar, super bling, look aftermarket (in a good way), and made me stop and look every time a K5 drove by. Really like them. Bigger tyres don't just impact speedo and odo, but change gearing too, which could potentially mean slower acceleration. Don't lah. But many aftermarket rims are nice, tasteful, and lighter than stock rims some more (better pickup, FC, handling, etc) leh. Yeah, I don't know but really I prefer more comfort... I'll use these tires for 40,000 km and then see how. May be able to get better tires... must balance cost and comfort and grip. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eviltrap 2nd Gear June 23, 2016 Share June 23, 2016 I follow the specs. 240.. tyre also using stock size. 225/45/18 Looking to trade with 16 or 17inches and top up is on me. Pic of my rim I loved this set of rims!! Only problem is getting all the kerb rashes. Had to get rim protectors to keep the kerb rash to a minimal. Yup. 18. Seems that the previous owner took great care of the vehicle. Wanting to switch to either 16 or 17 stock rims only. No way I gonna trade this beautiful rim with ugly aftermarket rims You bought black colour? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
teomingern Supercharged June 24, 2016 Share June 24, 2016 (edited) Must be careful when taking corners lor... then won't scratch rims... I also very sian when I scratch the rims... these days I take a lot of care coming down the multi-storey car park ramps... already my car park is not too bad, very wide but the car is so wide also, ha ha... very tight, especially if just nice there's alms a big car parked at those parking spaces next to the ramp... Edited June 24, 2016 by teomingern Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Muser 4th Gear June 24, 2016 Share June 24, 2016 May be able to get better tires... must balance cost and comfort and grip. True, you may find a big increase in comfort just by changing tyres, and at the same time varying tyre pressure. For example, if you switch to tyres with higher load rating, you might get by with slightly lower pressure, which would increase comfort. Must be careful when taking corners lor... then won't scratch rims... I also very sian when I scratch the rims... these days I take a lot of care coming down the multi-storey car park ramps... already my car park is not too bad, very wide but the car is so wide also, ha ha... very tight, especially if just nice there's alms a big car parked at those parking spaces next to the ramp... Your rims are probably the most beautiful stock 18" rims on a current-model Asian mid-sized sedan. So yar, worth being careful with them! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
teomingern Supercharged June 24, 2016 Share June 24, 2016 Yeah man... love these rims... tough to wash... must find out more about loading rates about tires... don't know anything about it. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Goldenvodka 2nd Gear June 25, 2016 Share June 25, 2016 Do you guys uses the Eco mode? Hows the fuel consumption for your k5? I am still on my first tank. Driven about 300km still have 2 bars above half tank. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kevinhwc 2nd Gear June 25, 2016 Share June 25, 2016 First tank. Eco at 8km/l. First tank. Eco at 8km/l. Still have slightly less than 3/4 tank. When I collect I have 1/2. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
teomingern Supercharged June 26, 2016 Share June 26, 2016 The car must be driven gently... come repeat after me now... the car must be driven gently... and you'll get 12 km/L... I've been averaging about 12.1-12.8 km/L... got 15.1 km/L yesterday early morning run to airport and back - total 44 km. On cruise control at 100 kmh. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
JamalS Neutral Newbie June 26, 2016 Share June 26, 2016 I am trying to drive very gently, yet i never clocked 12Km/l so far in my 20K mileage. I even drove to Malacca on a cruise control, still haven't touched that. I made my complaint, and Kia specifically checked for FC, and they say all is well, it is what it is. Now, I wonder what is "drive gently" means. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
teomingern Supercharged June 26, 2016 Share June 26, 2016 I am trying to drive very gently, yet i never clocked 12Km/l so far in my 20K mileage. I even drove to Malacca on a cruise control, still haven't touched that. I made my complaint, and Kia specifically checked for FC, and they say all is well, it is what it is. Now, I wonder what is "drive gently" means. That's serious lor... I rev to about 3000 RPM, and then let the gearbox change gears till I hit my desired speed then it's on cruise control. If I have to hit the brakes on the highway, it's back on cruise control immediately after I get back on the desired speed. Actually I can travel on cruise control to work for 50% of the journey. Even not highway also possible if the traffic is smooth flowing. Just don't go so fast. I do 90-100 kmh on the highways, and 70-80 kmh on normal roads, even if I'm travelling at 50 kmh for extended period, I use cruise control. If cruise control not possible, I ensure I keep the instant fuel consumption meter above 15 km/L as much as possible. It means keep the throttle open enough to maintain speed and not accelerate unconsciously. Once that blue ticker is constant at around 15 km/L it's quite good. I let off the accelerator when I approach traffic lights, I try to freewheel as possible in crowded traffic situations, that's when theblue ticker hits 30 km/L... helps save lots of fuel. You can actually drive fast too... just ensure your speed is as consistent as possible. All the slight accelerations up and down like 80 to 90 to 100, then a few seconds later step on the brakes to reduce to 80 and then accelerating again to hit 100 is super bad for fuel consumption.Mostly traffic is very slow during peak hours, so there's lots of room for freewheeling but still keeping your distance without being a road hog or annoyance. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
JamalS Neutral Newbie June 26, 2016 Share June 26, 2016 Thanks for your patience teomingern, on explaining. I will try to follow your advice. Let me see if I can achieve that 12 Km/l FC. To be frank, i cannot be with that kind of patience, like you. Kudos. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
KIA EV5
KIA EV5
Haiz...another suicide?
Haiz...another suicide?
Kia Picanto 1.1A 2008
Kia Picanto 1.1A 2008
KIA K3 Owners check-in!
KIA K3 Owners check-in!
2022 5th Generation Kia Sportage
2022 5th Generation Kia Sportage
Windscreen crack - repair or change
Windscreen crack - repair or change
Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives
Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives
Hyundai Santa Fe / Kia Sorento 2024
Hyundai Santa Fe / Kia Sorento 2024