Kia K5

Tohto

last i read from the newspaper, it's understood that our local dealer will be bringing in the 2.0L NA 165bhp (as seen in the i45 2.0L, Sportage 2.0L and ix35 2.0L), and the 2.4GDI with 180bhp-200bhp....

and only the 2.4GDI has 2 rear exhaust pipes....

if they can have dual exhaust pipe for the last facelift Sportage 2.0CVVT, i don't see why they can't with the new 2.4GDI....

↡ Advertisement

So will the 274 hp turbo version be here?

the 275bhp 2.0Turbo version will only make it to models from next year June i think....and by the time it comes to Singapore, it's gonna be the end of next year, or about 2yrs from now??? [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

if they can have dual exhaust pipe for the last facelift Sportage 2.0CVVT, i don't see why they can't with the new 2.4GDI....

Its all about costing....exampler: 1st batch of 2010 Sportage SX comes with 6 disc changer with subwoofer and dual airbags. Future stock comes with 6 airbags and single disc player w/o subwoofer. Surprisely, 6 airbags costing is cheaper than the 1st batch...

Its all about costing....exampler: 1st batch of 2010 Sportage SX comes with 6 disc changer with subwoofer and dual airbags. Future stock comes with 6 airbags and single disc player w/o subwoofer. Surprisely, 6 airbags costing is cheaper than the 1st batch...

I'm not talking about the new Sportage....i'm talking about the previous Sportage....

and i'm referring to the design front, not features....

features are getting cheaper and cheaper everyday....cars are turning out to be more like handphones....

you buy one today, the next day, there's a better spec car for the same price, or even cheaper (referring to the value of the car, not selling price, especially so in local context)....

(oh, you don't have to be surprised with regards to the 6 airbags costing cheaper than a 2 airbags.... the airbag technology has been around since 1970's.... obviously cost has gone down through the years.... plus the car now don't have a subwoofer.... another scenerio of reducing costs....)

Edited by Proton_neutron

Neutral Newbie

I'm not talking about the new Sportage....i'm talking about the previous Sportage....

and i'm referring to the design front, not features....

features are getting cheaper and cheaper everyday....cars are turning out to be more like handphones....

you buy one today, the next day, there's a better spec car for the same price, or even cheaper (referring to the value of the car, not selling price, especially so in local context)....

I know what u are refering to. Let me give u another example. Cerato Forte has many options to order. EX trim got no exhaust tip but SX has it. AD get the option to choose which one they want. Then carmakers just mass produce what AD has ordered.

I know what u are refering to. Let me give u another example. Cerato Forte has many options to order. EX trim got no exhaust tip but SX has it. AD get the option to choose which one they want. Then carmakers just mass produce what AD has ordered.

there won't be an end to an improvement to spec up the car.....

and i think Kia has been diligently selling various spec models for their cars....

one moment there's electric steering, the other, its hydraulic, for example....

one moment there's 2 airbag, one moment there's 6....

one moment there's keyless ignition, the other there isn't....

all for example.... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

there won't be an end to an improvement to spec up the car.....

and i think Kia has been diligently selling various spec models for their cars....

one moment there's electric steering, the other, its hydraulic, for example....

one moment there's 2 airbag, one moment there's 6....

one moment there's keyless ignition, the other there isn't....

all for example.... [laugh]

Oh yeah, the motto says it all. "The Power To Surprise" :D

In the Kia global website, it is stated that the 180bhp 2.4 non-GDi comes with twin exhausts.

In the US and Canada Kia websites, the 200bhp 2.4 GDI and the twin exhaust is standard in even the cheapest variant. Lucky Americans!

So I suppose all 2.4, regardless if it is GDI or not will come with the twin exhausts.

Edited by Cttan456

just got back from Seoul and saw many K5s and K7s on the roads.

Beautiful cars which have bodylines that will put most, if not all similar cars to shame.

Almost made me want one !

Edited by Throttle2

just got back from Seoul and saw many K5s and K7s on the roads.

Beautiful cars which have bodylines that will put most, if not all similar cars to shame.

Almost made me want one !

i prefer hyundai equus, seen at korea, damn chio, look like S class and super luxury, so nice....

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

In s.korea theres a brand called Genesis too.. The logo looks like aston martin logo. Very s-class looking car. Swee.

K7 will not be here since its only LHD. In future, might not know.. Maybe will arrive when its already stale.

Edited by Rayoflight

In s.korea theres a brand called Genesis too.. The logo looks like aston martin logo. Very s-class looking car. Swee.

K7 will not be here since its only LHD. In future, might not know.. Maybe will arrive when its already stale.

Hyundai Genesis Coupe/Sedan...

All the talk abt k5 coming by end of Q4 2010...

til now, still smell no smoke yet! neck very long liao...

still remember straits time say model will be out early dec 2010... Pui!!! :angry: :angry:

↡ Advertisement