Don't we have better talents in Mediacorp ??

Seaweed

I am watching the television now....Channel 8....I saw an advert for a variety show which the chef move to some ulu place for cooking...then I thought didn't I saw something similar done by the koreans recently on out free to air channel as well ???? we really having a brain drain that we almost copying all the variety show from other countries???? [shakehead][shakehead] sad [shakehead][shakehead]

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
(edited)

You mean you still watch Mediacorpse shows? Gave up their channels long ago. :D

Edited by Fcw75

haha, and here i am thinking that it was a novel idea to bring these chefs to picturesque countryside and have them do their cooking for the villages. didn't know that it was yet another copied idea!

gosh, we are wasting our tv licence.

first we have "celebrities" bringing tour groups overseas and making a show of it. seriously, who really bother about them???

then, we have sub-standard and below par ch8 serials that have the same plot.

now, we see copied ideas from overseas (which i am sure they have done many times before).

and i thought we are paying tv licence to watch good quality programmes?

I think Mediacorp long ago give up liao. Pander to those poor folks with no cable.

It's like a pity channel. No cable? Watch our crap.

[rolleyes]

I think Mediacorp long ago give up liao. Pander to those poor folks with no cable.

It's like a pity channel. No cable? Watch our crap.

[rolleyes]

Oh I see [rolleyes] , no wonder Mediacorp did not charge sillyporean per channel basis. [lipsrsealed]

Our medicacorp has a long history of "importing" ideas.

Remember when first started making drama serials, the directors etc were from HK.

Now try to copy the Taiwanese (who in turn copy the Japanese) in those vairety shows where they flash those captions on the screen (trying to be funny, but mostly not).

It's been a long while since there was an original idea... [thumbsdown]

I think entertainment industry is similar regardless of location. You copy my idea I copy yours.

An example will be the Japanese drama called "Mr Brain" played by lead role Kimura Takuya. After watching it I find that the concept is no different from U.S of A's CSI shows. There's the slight difference whereby they add a brilliant psychologist to the forensic science drama played by Kimura.

Which ever idea that sells ppl in the entertainment industry will copy the idea and do the same.

(edited)

The different is.... in other country.. they will try to repackage abit and send out.. e.g the "百万大歌星

Edited by Razgriz

Our medicacorp has a long history of "importing" ideas.

Remember when first started making drama serials, the directors etc were from HK.

Now try to copy the Taiwanese (who in turn copy the Japanese) in those vairety shows where they flash those captions on the screen (trying to be funny, but mostly not).

It's been a long while since there was an original idea... [thumbsdown]

I rather they use script writers and directors from HK to make those serials than to copy or use their own scriptwriters. At least in the case of the former, the shows are still watchable..

bo pian. collect money liao must fill all the slots. even if it means producing crap fit for the trash.

if not, how will people subscribe to cable tv?

its all part of the plan to keep the money spinning machine going.

Mediacorps is just a small organisation lah.

The monies fr liciences is abt $110 000 000 per year.

With small domestic market & no foreign market,we can't expect them to produce

great shows like the US. [:)]