Buy car under parent's name but....

Aeromania

Asking on behalf of a friend.

If wanna buy car and register under parent's name BUT....

...parents no license.

Still can register under their name???

Please advice. Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Asking on behalf of a friend.

If wanna buy car and register under parent's name BUT....

...parents no license.

Still can register under their name???

Please advice. Thanks.

If under loan, the loan has to fall under the parents BUT the insurance has to be them too...not him...and in insurance one of the Qns, DRIVE CAR HOW LONG?

If under loan, the loan has to fall under the parents BUT the insurance has to be them too...not him...and in insurance one of the Qns, DRIVE CAR HOW LONG?

I thought insurance looked more on person's age? Coz a friend of mine dealing with car insurance told me even with more than 5 years driving experience but still under the age of 26 or 28 will still be considered "Yound & Inexperience" driver.

I thought insurance looked more on person's age? Coz a friend of mine dealing with car insurance told me even with more than 5 years driving experience but still under the age of 26 or 28 will still be considered "Yound & Inexperience" driver.

...adn also years of driving

Neutral Newbie

can la....

can buy car , take loan and insurance will be all under parent`s name (who don`t have license) which is the non driver

don`t ask me why i know cause i know...

can buy car & insurance under parents name but insurance will have to state designated driver. So d insurance will be higher if ur fren is below 25yrs

lidat no pt la.

main pt of doing this is so save on insurance premiums, since the parent no license, insurance will be high as end up named driver would still be the child

just to share:

when i first bought my car in 2008, i am still p plate. parents no license, but we decided to put under parent name since premium is higher if the car is registered under my name. (abt 3k+. ) the insurance which i paid was abt 1.7k

it is a 'insured-not-driving' policy by AIG. no named driver. of course, the excess is higher since i was a p plate at that time. but since i am a careful driver, did not get into accidents, i save more than 1.3k on my insurance.

u ask try asking for the premium quotation before you decide which person to register the car under.

just to share:

when i first bought my car in 2008, i am still p plate. parents no license, but we decided to put under parent name since premium is higher if the car is registered under my name. (abt 3k+. ) the insurance which i paid was abt 1.7k

it is a 'insured-not-driving' policy by AIG. no named driver. of course, the excess is higher since i was a p plate at that time. but since i am a careful driver, did not get into accidents, i save more than 1.3k on my insurance.

u ask try asking for the premium quotation before you decide which person to register the car under.

u are lucky nothing happen. doesnt mean u are a careful driver cant get accident. u careful, other kuku driver bang into you. then the insurance have the right not to cover you since did not declare the correct designated driver in the first place

u are lucky nothing happen. doesnt mean u are a careful driver cant get accident. u careful, other kuku driver bang into you. then the insurance have the right not to cover you since did not declare the correct designated driver in the first place

Nah, non designated driver just have to pay the excess + loading.

They will still cover...not so easy get off the hook...

I called LTA recently. I ask them if I can transfer the car to my name,but insurance use my uncle name or whoever name.They said no,with that,don't even think of renewing roadtax as car and insurance must be under the same name. When I see this topic, this issue came to my mind. My neighbour, his wife own the car,meaning car under her name, but she has no license, and the husband is driving. Now I'm wondering if LTA is smoking me.

↡ Advertisement