Peugeot 3008

Lycanthrope

what do u need to know, its based on the c4/308 just a little bigger

its derived directly from the c4 picasso (5 seater)

except that the gearstick position is different, I remember.

the citroen has huge empty space between the two front seats for you to put your bag or even move across

I test drived both tthe citreon C4 Piscasco and 3008, though both using same engine but the gear box is different. Citreon uses a manual gearbox but electrically or electronically convert to auto, so you will feels like a manual car whenever the RPm reaches at certain level. Not so smooth as compare to the peugeot 3008 which is fully auto gearbox, very smooth. Also 3008 the adventure model, inside very nice, like a cockpit

I test drived both tthe citreon C4 Piscasco and 3008, though both using same engine but the gear box is different. Citreon uses a manual gearbox but electrically or electronically convert to auto, so you will feels like a manual car whenever the RPm reaches at certain level. Not so smooth as compare to the peugeot 3008 which is fully auto gearbox, very smooth. Also 3008 the adventure model, inside very nice, like a cockpit

The EGS is an automated manual gearbox, aka a clutchless manual; similar to Alfa's Selespeed. What it does is that you don't have to engage the clutch to during gear change (you can do it yourself or leave it to the computer); but you will have to moderate ur foot on the accelerator if you don't want the gear change to be jerky (like a manual)

hi guys .. anyone own or testdrove the above before ??? any comments ..please

Waiting to pick up my ride! Long waiting list!

Happy with the test drive, but you never know till you drive it for longer.

The 6-speed gear box does make a difference compared to the old version.

Seemed smoother change during test drive.

With lower road tax, definitely some savings there compared with current ride.

But not sure about savings on petrol though since it's a turbo.

Design-wise, something of a personal preference, some like it, some hate it :-)

Saw two on the road for past two days, one blue and one black.. Look bigger from the side and front but from the back it look much smaller!! still waiting for my ride to be delivered..

Probably the weight issues.

Light cars, those sub-tonne ones are still the best when climbing slopes.

-> Engine "breathes" lightly and even with so-so tyres, it will not slip on wet slopes.

Edited by Kangadrool

owner reporting in. if u r keen, pls test drive it up a slope first.

Do you have problems with it going up slope?

Steepest I tried so far at Thomson Plaza area. Ok for me.

Parking/moving off on the slope is easier now, with the brake release system ;-)

Have not tried really steep ones yet.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Cybersurf,

can u cfm is 3008 using timing chain & not timing belt..

How is the ride so far...btw is the aircon strong coz during test drive the back passenger complains tat they does not feel it..

tks

Hi Cybersurf,

can u cfm is 3008 using timing chain & not timing belt..

How is the ride so far...btw is the aircon strong coz during test drive the back passenger complains tat they does not feel it..

tks

I did not check it physically, but the SE told me that it uses timing chain.

As far as I know, timing chain would also have a finite period of lifespan, afterwhich it needs to be change.

Happy with the ride, may be because still new ;-)

Acceleration is good even in auto mode. Just feel heart-pain when flooring the accelerator.

I have no problems with the aircon so far... Usually turn it to 3 or 4 notch on the indicator.

There's a aircon outlet for back passengers. Was that open or close?

I'm not sure if the dual zone in front applies to the back. The dual zone certainly works when I set one of 24C and the other to 22C. The 22C definitely colder.

One nit-pick I have is the opening of the central console. Not so friendly for the driver to take things out. Would have been great if they just open it from centre, rather than from left or right.

Neutral Newbie

Just feel heart-pain when flooring the accelerator. Why ??

I'm not sure if the back oulet is open or close..k wil take note as i'm going down today for another test drive

thought tat if it is on timing chain should last for long....

tks,for the reply & enjoy yr ride :)

↡ Advertisement