Feedback on Honda Airwave...

WoShiNewbie

Hi Guys,

I'm currently planning to get a 2-3yrs old Airwave as my family has 6persons which could be kind of squeezy for a normal sedan.

Noticing the small population of Honda Airwaves on our sg roads, is it possible if i can invite Airwave owners to share some feedback on the car?

Details such as Fuel consumption, Interior Space, Interior and exterior design, benefits of a skyroof vs non-sky roof and ride quality will be very much welcomed... Thanks! [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Honda Airwave is a good car. I use to have that car. I had gone through a site very good deal with good used cars. if ur planning to buy second hand car then check this site: www.globalcaradvice.com

Edited by Mikehussey

5 seater but huge boot so useful if u'v lotsa barang barang to bring about n shopping at hypermarts. Rear has good legroom n best of all a flat floor. FC about 14km/l for normal driving.

The airwave's drivetrain is reliable if u service regularly (which applies to all jap/korean cars). There r airwave taxis on our roads, so i'm sure the fleet operator must be reasonably confident in the reliability n efficiency of this model.

The cvt is a little slow to respond when u need to accelerate (like overtaking) but if u get the model that's got the 7spd mode with manual paddle shifts the pickup n control is pretty good.

The skyroof is nice to have but not very useful most of the time (except during christmas to see orchard rd light-up in dec [:)] )

above fr a satisfied airwave owner for the last 3.5 yrs done n 85000km, incl 3 trips to cameron n 1 genting.

another plus point (huge 1 actually) is u'v access to a group of v.helpful owners who share info n lobangs at sgairwavers.

I know its a 5-seater, I'm just expecting the Airwave to be more spacious than Toyota Axio (another car that I'm considering too).

might not be... airwave = fit wagon... the cabin size is sama like older version of City and Jazz...

engine is the same as prev. ver of City... there's a slight vibration when compressor kicks in.... just like city/jazz/civic... other than that.. just maintain well on the cvt gb... nothing much to do liao.. shouldnt have any major issue...just drive/maintain... [:)]

I know its a 5-seater, I'm just expecting the Airwave to be more spacious than Toyota Axio (another car that I'm considering too).

Honda has more power then the Axio , but Toyota has better FC .

Driving Airwave coming to 2.5 yrs.. So far so good..No major problem. Except the slight vibrations when driving off occasionally.

Worse FC for me is 10.6 km/l but that is when Vtec kicks in most of the time . [:p] . On average 12 km/l . Best i had encounter is around 16 km/l during break-in period.

Mine came with the moonroof edition. Bear in mind 3 things .. 1st .Thing - Slightly higher insurance. 2ndly - Nice to look at when the car is clean BUT once kenna bird s--t or if you don't bother to maintain. The 'view' inside is not exactly that good. <Can be resolved by just closing the auto slide inside> 3rd thing to consider also . Metal roof dent - Glass chipped/cracked. Which one more costly or easier to repair. Guess everyone knew the answer.

Interior is as what other mention. Spacious enough just like a normal sedan. 5 is okay . 6 is kinda tight although still squeezable. But boot space is HUGE if you fold down the backseat. I can put in a full size Mountain bike without taking out the wheels. A 33 Inch CRT TV <Not LCD or plasma but those old HUGE gigantic type easily.> Tried my friend Estima and Stream. It can't even fit in due to tight corners. My best shopping experience . 3 full-grown adults plus Two 42 Inch LCD TV from expo.

Another thing as well . The car is kinda 'hollow' if you know what i mean. Dent easily but i overcome this problem with a layer of soundproofing at the door.

Last point - Airwave is NOT very MSCP-friendly as it is a hatch and it does not came with it own boot cover.

Hi Guys,

I'm currently planning to get a 2-3yrs old Airwave as my family has 6persons which could be kind of squeezy for a normal sedan.

Noticing the small population of Honda Airwaves on our sg roads, is it possible if i can invite Airwave owners to share some feedback on the car?

Details such as Fuel consumption, Interior Space, Interior and exterior design, benefits of a skyroof vs non-sky roof and ride quality will be very much welcomed... Thanks! [:)]

http://sgairwaver.freeforums.org/which-air...-t113-1110.html

I'm driving this ride for 3.5 yrs having moonroof/skyroof. fc is good at avr. 14km/l and highway at 17. Space for 6 not suitable as it is a 5 seaters wagon good for carrying long and buggy stuff.

skyroof will cost 3k more then non skyroof and have to make sure it insure in yr insurance. The only thing that I dislike is the CVT gb slow

pickup. overall this ride is good.

The above is the link to the airwaver club which some of the guy's is selling as they are upgrading to stream

Driving Airwave coming to 2.5 yrs.. So far so good..No major problem. Except the slight vibrations when driving off occasionally.

Worse FC for me is 10.6 km/l but that is when Vtec kicks in most of the time . [:p] . On average 12 km/l . Best i had encounter is around 16 km/l during break-in period.

Mine came with the moonroof edition. Bear in mind 3 things .. 1st .Thing - Slightly higher insurance. 2ndly - Nice to look at when the car is clean BUT once kenna bird s--t or if you don't bother to maintain. The 'view' inside is not exactly that good. <Can be resolved by just closing the auto slide inside> 3rd thing to consider also . Metal roof dent - Glass chipped/cracked. Which one more costly or easier to repair. Guess everyone knew the answer.

Interior is as what other mention. Spacious enough just like a normal sedan. 5 is okay . 6 is kinda tight although still squeezable. But boot space is HUGE if you fold down the backseat. I can put in a full size Mountain bike without taking out the wheels. A 33 Inch CRT TV <Not LCD or plasma but those old HUGE gigantic type easily.> Tried my friend Estima and Stream. It can't even fit in due to tight corners. My best shopping experience . 3 full-grown adults plus Two 42 Inch LCD TV from expo.

Another thing as well . The car is kinda 'hollow' if you know what i mean. Dent easily but i overcome this problem with a layer of soundproofing at the door.

Last point - Airwave is NOT very MSCP-friendly as it is a hatch and it does not came with it own boot cover.

remember to change cvtf/hmmf every 20k.. this shall prolong gb... most of us in city/fit forum use oil extreme as addictive... [;)]

http://sgairwaver.freeforums.org/which-air...-t113-1110.html

I'm driving this ride for 3.5 yrs having moonroof/skyroof. fc is good at avr. 14km/l and highway at 17. Space for 6 not suitable as it is a 5 seaters wagon good for carrying long and buggy stuff.

skyroof will cost 3k more then non skyroof and have to make sure it insure in yr insurance. The only thing that I dislike is the CVT gb slow

pickup. overall this ride is good.

The above is the link to the airwaver club which some of the guy's is selling as they are upgrading to stream

i dont find the start up slow leh.. only when reach 60-80 km/h and i need to pick up.. normally..i will change to S mode... for immediate response... ^_^

i dont find the start up slow leh.. only when reach 60-80 km/h and i need to pick up.. normally..i will change to S mode... for immediate response... ^_^

wa bro, you talking abt the stock S mode or the after market. I think our stock S mode not for high speed but for cornering

and pickup during stationary.

wa bro, you talking abt the stock S mode or the after market. I think our stock S mode not for high speed but for cornering

and pickup during stationary.

the difference between S and D is the gear ratio... definitely i had use S mode in NSHW but not significant... from 0 -100km/hr... switching to S mode will help...

BTW, got after market S mode?? the GB cannot mod 1...