Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

I suggest you change the headlight halogen bulbs. The stock ones cmi, very dim and dull.

I'm using Osram night breaker unlimited, can get from mx trading @ $45/pair. The size is H4. They are road legal, you will see the diff at night. Just be careful when changing the bulbs, no finger contact with the bulbs, metal connection can touch but not on the bulb's glass. Nicolas will help you if you dunno how.

Yup. Agree with bro watwheels. Used the nb for previous ride and current. Definitely better than stock.

Do get it from mxtrading. They selling them for $45/pair. Best price I can find locally.

It's also quite easy to change(compared to my previous) as there's a lot more room for my hands to go in and reach the socket.

I live in JURONG west and work in tuas. Can look for me if you wanna change and need help. It's a 15mins(max) job only. Do waste $ getting someone to install.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Wah, much wider and much taller.

And much longer too. Your friends might think you must be "rich" to drive such as big muscular MPV and are very surprised when you tell them it is about the same price as a Toyota Altis bread-and-butter car ....ahahah.

• Praise 2

In that case, where can we fit the 3G USB in the head unit? Has anyone tried this before?

No idea.... maybe you just plug it into one of the 2 USB ports inside the storage compartment behind the head unit flip-up cover.

If you are keen to install a WINCE modem for TMC real time traffic info for your Galactio GPS, you can call Innovasia Technology (supplier of our NavTrack) for proper advice: http://www.innovasiatech.com/contact-us/

Do anyone know where you can enhance the interface of the entertainment system? Seems very outdated with those pixelated fonts.

You can find many sellers for different Orlando DVD head units on aliexpress.com. Good luck.

Edited by Maverick713

Komoco with their competitive pricing, esp for Elantra, should bring in the 1.8 elantra. Probably like the Syl 1.8NA, will still be cheaper than the Altis 1.6 Elegance. Even for the ELantra 2.0, confirm chop cheaper than Civic 1.6. Hyun & Kia should learn from Chevvy, capitalize on their lower OMV.

• Praise 1

esp since A & B diff has been below 10k diff for a long time. At times even below 5k diff.

With their low OMV, they stay within 100% arf.

[thumbsup]

wah, pretty rich man,

simultaneously own 2 cars [:p]

frankly speaking, your old one still looks quite new, new one very nice [thumbsup]

Ha... no la. I sold off my airwave already. Doing it myself since Alpine is only willing to take in at paper value. COE expiring in Oct this year. Have handed the car to my buyer on day after I collected my Orlando.

And much longer too. Your friends might think you must be "rich" to drive such as big muscular MPV and are very surprised when you tell them it is about the same price as a Toyota Altis bread-and-butter car ....ahahah.

Yup.... already have two colleagues who were very surprised when I told them the price. They were expecting 150k-160k.

• Praise 1

Any fellow Orlando owners thinking of these?

http://k-tuning.com/en/cosf-chevrolet-orlando-genuine-side-step.html

Due to the height, I'm hoping to get some sort of side step that can make it easier for my kids and elderly get in/out of the car. But have not really much knowledge on these kind of stuff so check with fellow peers.

Ha... no la. I sold off my airwave already. Doing it myself since Alpine is only willing to take in at paper value. COE expiring in Oct this year. Have handed the car to my buyer on day after I collected my Orlando.

Yup.... already have two colleagues who were very surprised when I told them the price. They were expecting 150k-160k.

Hhaha... yeah. The Orlando is really competitively priced. got mine a year plus back at $109 when the COE was shooting to 80-ish K. No doubt mine was a rather stripped down version but it has all that needs (reverse cam, GPS, space) and none of frills (sun roof, audio controls on steering wheel,stylish interior)

• Praise 1

Due to the height, I'm hoping to get some sort of side step that can make it easier for my kids and elderly get in/out of the car. But have not really much knowledge on these kind of stuff so check with fellow peers.

Hhaha... yeah. The Orlando is really competitively priced. got mine a year plus back at $109 when the COE was shooting to 80-ish K. No doubt mine was a rather stripped down version but it has all that needs (reverse cam, GPS, space) and none of frills (sun roof, audio controls on steering wheel,stylish interior)

The stuff on the website seem rather expensive. Does the price includes the shipping?

109K for your car is a fantastic price.. That was for the 1.8liter?

Good price you got for the previous 1.8 LS stripped down version. The current more expensive 1.4T LS (other than the obvious difference in engine type) probably only have a bit more features such as audio controls on steering wheel, cruise control (which few people need) and electric folding side-mirrors.

The stuff on the website seem rather expensive. Does the price includes the shipping?

109K for your car is a fantastic price.. That was for the 1.8liter?

Don't know if shipping's included. But for the side step, being priced at 280 (USD I suppose), I was thinking that price would be excluding shipping ba...

and yeah, mine's the 1.8L

Good price you got for the previous 1.8 LS stripped down version. The current more expensive 1.4T LS (other than the obvious difference in engine type) probably only have a bit more features such as audio controls on steering wheel, cruise control (which few people need) and electric folding side-mirrors.

Actually, I wouldn't have minded if mine came with electronic folding mirrors. Truth be told, I test drove the 'up spec' version and was briefed on the 'down spec' version. And decided on the 'down spec' one without actually checking out the car itself.

I had actually thought without auto folding mirrors actually meant that the mirrors do not fold itself after the engine is switched off. I had actually expected that there was going to be a switch to manually trigger the mirrors to fold in (much like the old Altis)

Given the size of the car, it's actually a useful feature to fold in the mirrors,..given how small lots are and the 'strategic' placements of columns

Don't know if shipping's included. But for the side step, being priced at 280 (USD I suppose), I was thinking that price would be excluding shipping ba...

and yeah, mine's the 1.8L

Freight or delivery included. There's not delivery charges for that site. Just a min order of $150.

Actually, I wouldn't have minded if mine came with electronic folding mirrors. Truth be told, I test drove the 'up spec' version and was briefed on the 'down spec' version. And decided on the 'down spec' one without actually checking out the car itself.

I had actually thought without auto folding mirrors actually meant that the mirrors do not fold itself after the engine is switched off. I had actually expected that there was going to be a switch to manually trigger the mirrors to fold in (much like the old Altis)

Given the size of the car, it's actually a useful feature to fold in the mirrors,..given how small lots are and the 'strategic' placements of columns

Hi, I fully agreed that this is a pretty good buy based on the price, size and cc.

I also considered this buy 1 year ago but given up when I think of the high fc and road tax plus selling off price.

Hi, I fully agreed that this is a pretty good buy based on the price, size and cc.

I also considered this buy 1 year ago but given up when I think of the high fc and road tax plus selling off price.

Maybe the 1.4T is better for you now - lower FC and lower road tax than the previous 1.8..