Switching from FWD to RWD

Vega

Based on my stay in MCF since more 2005 ago.. I see more post on accidents involving RWD cars.

MR-S, IS200 & Mark X are some I can rememeber.

Most of them is due to car fishtail when they brake in a turn...

Just saying...

Since all 3 are Toyota RWD, does it mean that to avoid Toyota RWD?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Some fwd with high torque also...

But last few months got one type r enter kpe curve also accident

Understeer perhaps... the thing about FWD is it's easy to recover if something happens. In fact it act on human instinct. You sense a skid or understeer, you instinctively brake or let go the pedal... the car recovers.

In a RWD if you are caught in the same situation, stepping braking may make it worst..

But then many newer cars have advanced Traction control to help you in such situations..

Since all 3 are Toyota RWD, does it mean that to avoid Toyota RWD?

Wow you right I didn't notice... lol

Let me think of other models.... I really can't recall... maybe have a BMW too but the 3 Toyota's I confirmed remembered.

Supersonic

Understeer perhaps... the thing about FWD is it's easy to recover if something happens. In fact it act on human instinct. You sense a skid or understeer, you instinctively brake or let go the pedal... the car recovers.

In a RWD if you are caught in the same situation, stepping braking may make it worst..

But then many newer cars have advanced Traction control to help you in such situations..

Let me think of other models.... I really can't recall... maybe have a BMW too but the 3 Toyota's I confirmed remembered.

Does advanced traction control helps on wet roads for RWD cars?

I rwmb that incident is due to "oversteer"/drift(yes i know its fwd), the rear just slide/skid towards the wall, not the front...
↡ Advertisement