Mercedes E200 or e230

Finclk

Hey guys,

Im thinking of an e200 or e230 resale car. Most likely 2007 or 2009 yrs old. Haven test driven any yet. What do you think of the merc e classes? Is the e230 necessary?

Also do merc cars hv problems generally after 5 yr mark?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Hey guys,

Im thinking of an e200 or e230 resale car. Most likely 2007 or 2009 yrs old. Haven test driven any yet. What do you think of the merc e classes? Is the e230 necessary?

E 230[W-211] is a better car,V6+7G-tronic,but higher road tax,insurance & petrol bills,the V6 engine sound nice when 'push',the earlier batch of 7G-Tronic have short lifespan,some owner hit 75Kkm,problem comes in....

If you can get hold of a 2007-2009 E280 then even lagi better.

At 231BHP and 300 Nm torque, this 3L V6 NA engine is definitely not asthmatic.

I understand that it has less issues too, compared to the 2.3L V6.

Twincharged

If you can get hold of a 2007-2009 E280 then even lagi better.

At 231BHP and 300 Nm torque, this 3L V6 NA engine is definitely not asthmatic.

I understand that it has less issues too, compared to the 2.3L V6.

This car is rare....

Its 2.5L btw and not 2.3 so road tax is pretty high. However, the 7 G tronic is very smooth while the 5 speed transmission often leaves more to be desired.

If road tax and petrol are non issues, definitely the 230.

Although not faster than the E200K, it's got a much smoother engine, much better gearbox, a lot more refined and overall really pleasant to drive in comparison. The E200K gearbox is absolutely agricultural. Any Honda gearbox feels better.

My current ride is E200AV for one half month , though the ride is slower pick-up and over-taking was a shady cow, you need to step harder to catch-up.

Maintenance is definitely lower & affordable as compared to BMW & Audi, and alot safer too

Once on the high-way, it was a breeze, The E200AV has snazzier IT, rear-view parking sensor / keyless start etc, electric seat was a plus accessories. Due to its Kompressor engine, it's roar louder from the purring engine emitting 184horse-power.

Could improve on leather seat to have air-con insole and softer engine refinement, the arm-rest holder where power-window switches could be accentuates to tilt at an angle to driver's finger comfort. Glove-box compartment was a wee bit smaller, lastly the floor-mat could be thicker and lush carpet for long ride up north would be a delight for tired feet.

The rest I cannot complain much, I think MB should do away with the symbol stand-up to be removed from the bonnet ( such a sore-thumb )

I chose MB due to reliability and overall ow maint. cost.

even though 2,500cc engine will incur with higher road tax, about 1,800 per year, you will love the drive. it is worth the spend.

of course, 3,000cc engine or high is even better if pockets allowed. :D

Hypersonic

Between these two choices, go for E230 with more power V6. The E200 slower pick up.

• Praise 3

Thx all for the replies guys. Is there any potential failings in the car at 4yr mark and onwards?

Anything i shd pay attention when checking out a used 4 yr old e class or older?

Twincharged

Thx all for the replies guys. Is there any potential failings in the car at 4yr mark and onwards?

Anything i shd pay attention when checking out a used 4 yr old e class or older?

Most 4 yrs car can have some suspension bushes failure...for E-230,if any jerk on upshifting on the 7 speeds auto means it need repair very soon.

does C&C provide car inspection services? Say if i want to buy a car from outside, whether through dealer or private transaction, can i bring the car to C&C for them to do inspection and testing?

Don't tell me go STA, i know that evaluation only checks major things.

Neutral Newbie

Hey guys,

any car would require some parts replacement after the 5th yr~ [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

E 230[W-211] is a better car,V6+7G-tronic,but higher road tax,insurance & petrol bills,the V6 engine sound nice when 'push',the earlier batch of 7G-Tronic have short lifespan,some owner hit 75Kkm,problem comes in....

it really depends on luck when getting a used car, i got my previous eclass at over 150k & drove it over 250k with no major repairs~ just regular service & wear out parts replacements every 2 mths~ [cool]

↡ Advertisement