How much savings an average singaporean has?

Bigmatt140

not hao lian. its because house price of my house now higher than market value. so suddenly asset is in possitive since i take lesser loan [:p]

You what house ? can be higher than market value ?? means you want to have more COV ??

↡ Advertisement

my friend has $400,000k sia :wub:

Where is your friend.. kena boot off the forum again [;)]

I think saving is one thing.. how much is the debts and assets ?

how many 30+ singaporean's balance sheet is surplus ? and not living off parents.

Supercharged

how low can expectations be?

i live in HDB

i drive a 5 year old Mazda 3

i eat coffee shop and food court

i never buy new phone/gadgets/watches etc...

how much lower????

haha many years back our leaders promised swiss standard of living.

now we have achieved swiss cost of living -_-

i live in HDB

how much lower????

i agree....like that peng seng liao :huh:

but no job means no CPF...and HDB loan will have to pay cash right

If one used up all the monies in OA, and if both hubby n wife each month deduct $950 from each OA account, then yes when jobless may have to pay cash.

But my HDB loan is not high, around $500 deduct each from mine n wife OA account.

So the OA is ever 'increasing' in my case. So there is reserves in my OA to tide me ove for more than two years right now.

And when jobless, the whole family will surely be in survival mode, and very much reduced spendings.

So I believe my $30,000+++ savings is well within the normal and sustainable comfortable level.

Not sure about your monthly expenditure, maybe you have higher housing loans, and car loans, and other respobsibilities.

can actually last longer.

30K mean around 2K a month. if jobless you wont spend so much money liao. so around $500 a month on food and utility bill very reasonable. in practical it should last him around 60 months.

I agree with u.

My FIL is retired and he only spend abt S$3-400 per month. Morning go coffeeshop sit down, one coffee n bread n watch the world go by. Then simple lunch at coffeeshop n go home watch tv or read newspaper. Evening time go town center walk walk n watch the world go by, then simple dinner.

Nothing much to do and no need to spend on any other stuff. No need to pay for transport too, just walk to coffeeshop and town centre only.

I agree with u.

My FIL is retired and he only spend abt S$3-400 per month. Morning go coffeeshop sit down, one coffee n bread n watch the world go by. Then simple lunch at coffeeshop n go home watch tv or read newspaper. Evening time go town center walk walk n watch the world go by, then simple dinner.

Nothing much to do and no need to spend on any other stuff. No need to pay for transport too, just walk to coffeeshop and town centre only.

i think when i old and if no grandchildren, i build on my passion: taking tok kong photos of kids but sell at low price like $20 or free to parents [:p] (for the entire lot of photos)

i can empathise your feelings. everything is so expensive in singapore.

But you can always buy House brands, eat home cook food, if got space plant Cucumber, Spinach, Tomato, Chilli, rear a few chicken, buy tomorrow expiry pork, beef, fruits, no luxuires for the rest of your life.. can get by easily.

i think when i old and if no grandchildren, i build on my passion: taking tok kong photos of kids but sell at low price like $20 or free to parents [:p] (for the entire lot of photos)

Not sure wat I will do when I retire. Too many hobbies to choose from. [laugh] But will definately be simple hobbies.

i live in HDB

i drive a 5 year old Mazda 3 take BMW

i eat coffee shop and food court Eat at home

how much lower????

lower already

this one record holder

1st post nia...kana banned

Mods need to improve productivity ! Ban on Registration ! That one is the ultimate !

Not sure wat I will do when I retire. Too many hobbies to choose from. [laugh] But will definately be simple hobbies.

hahah i old already donno still got the stregnth to hold up the old dslr or not....donno still got the eye power to see thru the view finder or not [laugh]:D

Turbocharged
(edited)

If one used up all the monies in OA, and if both hubby n wife each month deduct $950 from each OA account, then yes when jobless may have to pay cash.

But my HDB loan is not high, around $500 deduct each from mine n wife OA account.

So the OA is ever 'increasing' in my case. So there is reserves in my OA to tide me ove for more than two years right now.

And when jobless, the whole family will surely be in survival mode, and very much reduced spendings.

So I believe my $30,000+++ savings is well within the normal and sustainable comfortable level.

Not sure about your monthly expenditure, maybe you have higher housing loans, and car loans, and other respobsibilities.

Mine is almos similar to yours about $900 housing loan. Took HDB loan recently and before they wipe out everything in my CPF OA acct, I parked 25k in investment in case I become jobless. The 25k can last at least 4 years of housing loan provided my investment don't collapse. The tip is be financially prudent. Get what you can afford and minimized loans with backup plans

Edited by Dafansu

Turbocharged

i live in HDB

how much lower????

Okay, then what is the thing that is bothering you?? the lack of saving??

if so, i think this one is hard to overcome but one way i find that is effective is force saving like say, endowment plan?

Turbocharged

but no job means no CPF...and HDB loan will have to pay cash right

unless your cpf is wipe out every month. even so, you can appeal for them to either

1) Delay paying throught CPF or

2) Pay with special account.

↡ Advertisement