How did dead pigs end up in Shanghai river?

Maxus-MIFA9

How come nearly 3000 'Chu Pa Chieh' decendants landed in Shanghai River ..... :blink:

Some believe that those pigs got some kind of virus and died. The farmer then dump them into the river. :o

hmmmmmm............ can forget eating roasted pork in Shanghai for the time being while holidaying there ...... [sly]

From Yahoo : Thousands of dead pigs found in Shanghai river

Nearly 3,000 dead pigs have been found floating in Shanghai's main waterway, the Chinese city's government said Monday as residents expressed fears over possible contamination of drinking water.

Shanghai's water bureau said over the last two days workers had fished 2,813 pigs out of the Huangpu river, which cuts through the commercial hub and creates its waterfront Bund district.

In the southwestern district of Songjiang Monday, workers used long-handled rakes to pull the bloated animal carcasses, which were turning from pink to grey, out of the water onto a small boat, an AFP photographer witnessed.

The stench of rotting pork hung over the river as workers dumped the partially disintegrating bodies into the hold.

The dead pigs included both piglets and adults weighing hundreds of pounds, the Shanghai city government said.

link: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/plague-pigs-shang...-045722657.html

↡ Advertisement

Will not buy any can luncheon meat from China for the next 6 months .... [sweatdrop]

Don't know how of them many landed in the meat process ... [dizzy][dizzy]

Supercharged

Will not buy any can luncheon meat from China for the next 6 months .... [sweatdrop]

Don't know how of them many landed in the meat process ... [dizzy][dizzy]

That's why I never eat luncheon meat for donkey years...... I used to love them in younger days, but I grew up and learnt things about China food.production, I totally avoid China

Alternative to MA Ling, can try this Singapore Brand Luncheon Meat

Singapore Brand Luncheon Meat skali process and pack in China [laugh]

Another product produce in China to avoid is the can "Pork Leg" & "Pork Ribs" ..... -_-

Decade ago, use to just add the can "Pork Leg" sauce to steaming hot rice is shiok .... [inlove]

That's why I never eat luncheon meat for donkey years...... I used to love them in younger days, but I grew up and learnt things about China food.production, I totally avoid China

I still eat Luncheon meat but I will pay more for singapore made Luncheon meat.....it taste better and I will say...safer..