Rabbit for Adoption

Hamburger

Found this cutey being abandoned at a car park. Took it home and seems to be in good health as it eat lots of chai sim and kang kong. Do PM me. I would love to keep but have a puppy liao.

Did not want to sent it to spca as eventually they will be......post-25943-1374125875_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Found this cutey being abandoned at a car park. Took it home and seems to be in good health as it eat lots of chai sim and kang kong. Do PM me. I would love to keep but have a puppy liao.

Did not want to sent it to spca as eventually they will be......

I would if I could, but I already have 2. If nobody take it contact the House Rabbit Society of Singapore http://www.hrss.net/contact.html and they'll pick him/her up. Better than SPCA. Let me know if you need rabbit feed, hay, or the cage below temporarily.

http://www.petloverscentre.com/products.ph...=18072013094101

If anyone wants this rabbit, they can take my cage for free. I bought this when I had only one rabbit, but upgraded when I got the second. Use for a total of less than 4 months.

Cute but also cannot got 2 hamsters that are everyday throwing saw dust out of their cage and jailbreak twice.

Hamster and rabbit get along very well. My rabbits used to run ard with my hamster. But hamster earlier up heaven.

how to take care of rabbits?

Provide food, water, kitty litter and occasional human touch. Rabbits require very little attention from humans. Very easy to take care.

Just top up food bowl everyday and re-fill freshwater everyday.

Clear litter tray every 2-3 days.

Once a week, let them run ard the house.

What to feed -

1) Hay(important)

2) Dry rabbit food(important)

3) Vegetables, carrot and sweet corn(they love corns)

4) Fruits(they love strawberry and grapes)

5) Treats(sweet stuff)

6) Toilet/Kitchen roll(they love to chew stuff so give them these to chew)

7) Wood board(for them to bite and scratch with their paws)

Provide food, water, kitty litter and occasional human touch. Rabbits require very little attention from humans. Very easy to take care.

Just top up food bowl everyday and re-fill freshwater everyday.

Clear litter tray every 2-3 days.

Once a week, let them run ard the house.

do we need to bathe them? isit better to feed dry food or fresh veges? What are the signs of sickness? many thanks bro... kid has been asking me for a pet so considering what to get for her. Would prefer a pet which is easy to take care.

What not to :

Do not abandon them. They cant survive on their own in the urban environment.

what i do not want is because never take care properly and cause it to fall sick and die... [:(]

do we need to bathe them? isit better to feed dry food or fresh veges? What are the signs of sickness? many thanks bro... kid has been asking me for a pet so considering what to get for her. Would prefer a pet which is easy to take care.

No need to bathe them. They do self-cleaning. I bathe mine once a year only. Either powder bathe or wet shampoo bath.

Dry food is their main diet. Its healthier. Vege, give once a week will do. Important is hay cos hay is part of their digestive system.

Look at their eyes and behaviour for sickness. Must be bright and alert.

Turbocharged

Ham: let me know if no one takes the bunny. I will help as much as I can. PM me if needed. Thanks you're a kind man to rescue her.

what i do not want is because never take care properly and cause it to fall sick and die... [:(]

They wont fall sick easily lah.

Bring it to a vet first when u adopt to check its health. Mine go to Joyous @ CCK. They are good with rabbits.

how to take care of rabbits? like what to feed and what not to..Their hygeine, etc?

Adrian is pretty much spot on. I let my two run about my room all day (been rabbit proofed). They're fairly toilet trained. Only pee in the litter. Poop is 90% in the litter, 10% to mark territory (i.e near my feet at my desk LOL), but its dry pellets which are unoffensive and can be swept up easily. I now use a cage without a tray so I sweep up daily. I usually put a little bit more litter over their pee spots daily, and change all of it every 3 days.

Food wise it's rabbit pellets + a tablespoon of oats twice a day, plus I top up hay as needed. Sometimes once a day, sometimes once every 1.5 days. Occasionally I give treats. Mostly to train them though (yes you can get them to come over like dogs). One of mine doesn't like fresh veggies, the other gets soft poop if she eats too much so i go easy with that. Usually, herbs, wheatgrass, or spinach. A slice of apple or pear is good too.

I'm quite hands on with them so they're both very affectionate. One likes me to lie next to her and stroke her, the other like me to carry her and will nudge me for that.

If you're getting the rabbit, do read up about their behaviour though. Some like to nip, but thats their way of showing affection. If you're not used to it, it can be shocking but not painful. Also do let me know if you want my old cage. It has a slatted plastic floor and tray so it will be better at the start until your rabbit becomes toilet trained.

They're quite hardy, but do be conservative with their foods (at least until you know). When introducing something new, give a little and see how their body's react. Because they can't burp or fart, their stomachs can get bloated which can be dangerous to them. If in doubt revert back to their usual hay + pellets.

Turbocharged
(edited)

The poor thing, so skinny.

Too bad me already got two rabbits, if not sure adopt.

just curious. what is the difference between keeping 2 and 3 rabbits? is it a reproductive issue?

I used to have just 1 cat, then I adopted #2 to keep #1 company. 2 cats actually no different from having just 1. then i adopted #3. Still ok. then i adopted #4 and suddenly, everything went exponential in terms of fur around the house, litter trailing, food etc. [laugh] Now I have 6 but it's a joy having them around. [laugh]

Edited by Kxbc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1