Singtel and Starhub Got it All Wrong

Alechi

Previously, Starhub had some extended service downtime, and did customer recovery by giving affected customers access over multiple channels for a particular day.

Now, Singtel has this fire incident and is now doing customer recovery by giving customers speed boosts and access to multiple channels.

My point is simple - they have got it all wrong. As a customer, I subscribe to channels I want and the speed I best need. When the incidents happened, I was DEPRIVED OF THE SERVICE I PAID FOR. There is no point giving me speed boosts and even access to all/multiple channels to make up. I don't need these at all!

Rather, they should proportionately reduce the bill payable for that particular month, simply because I failed to get what I paid and signed a contract for. In addition, for customer recovery, they can choose to throw in some sweeteners, which can include speed boosts and free channels.

What the telcos are doing now for customer recovery is simply cheapskate and completely wrong. CASE and the IDA should fight for justice for the hapless consumers who have to take whatever are thrown at them. That is the right thing to do.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 14

Internet wise, you should have known better with those 3 telco. You get what you paid cheaply for. Unreliable and throttled connection.

Edited by Pms

great post

u should also do the right thing and write to newspaper, cc singtel, starhub and m1 CEO instead getting it wrong by posting it only here. [:p]

• Praise 5

support writing to ask for waive of bill. please write to their CEO and ST forum, post complaint online, etc.

giving everyone free channel and up bandwidth is across the board, no loss to the telco.

• Praise 3

support writing to ask for waive of bill. please write to their CEO and ST forum, post complaint online, etc.

giving everyone free channel and up bandwidth is across the board, no loss to the telco.

They dare to declare speed bump when they're capping fibre users at 15mbps during peak? Are they fugging kidding me?!

They dare to declare speed bump when they're capping fibre users at 15mbps during peak? Are they fugging kidding me?!

Like that ar? Then they compensate you with 20mbps cap during peak time lor [grin]

If people feel strongly about this like I do, let's make this post viral. STOMP it, facebook it, twitter it, share it, whatever. Let the telcos and regulators know exactly the injustice we consumers feel.

Hopefully, if these companies still have the least decency, they will do the right thing.

If people feel strongly about this like I do, let's make this post viral. STOMP it, facebook it, twitter it, share it, whatever. Let the telcos and regulators know exactly the injustice we consumers feel.

Hopefully, if these companies still have the least decency, they will do the right thing.

honestly open all channels is useless if you are not always at home, you dun watch channels that you never subscribe, you are happy with what you pay for but dun get to use. why give something you dun need and call it a COMPENSATION!!

• Praise 3

honestly open all channels is useless if you are not always at home, you dun watch channels that you never subscribe, you are happy with what you pay for but dun get to use. why give something you dun need and call it a COMPENSATION!!

Garmen call a flood ponding

Dignity MP say national service is a privilege for citizens

Since the leaders show how words can be twisted, business leaders earn lor

A huge fine is likely going to be imposed on Singtel. In anticipation to that, they are not going to give any monetary to customers. So YOUR compensation is going into the gahmen coffers lor. [:|]

Or in another words, Singtel is saying

"It's not our fault. Act of God/Nature."

A huge fine is likely going to be imposed on Singtel. In anticipation to that, they are not going to give any monetary to customers. So YOUR compensation is going into the gahmen coffers lor. [:|]

Or in another words, Singtel is saying

"It's not our fault. Act of God/Nature."

to gahmen point of view its a left to right pocket case.

the only person affected is CEO of Singtel who might fail his KPI.

can we have something that is not left to right pocket. [:p]

aiya no need be so aggrieved.

solve the mrt breakdown issue than come and talk about hp usage problem.

mrt screw up and commuters suffers and get nothing out of it while garment just fine the service providers which has no bnenefit or incentives to the poor commuters.

Supercharged

Imo, all these fines imposed not only isn't effective but makes me wonder how "independent" the authority are against these service providers.

And, consumers are given a small sweet everytime we gets inconvenienced. Just that we are expected to be grateful that we are given a sweet never mind if some of us are "diabetic". And if we don't get a sweet, it like saying "suck it up, you have a choice to switch".

• Praise 1

Previously, Starhub had some extended service downtime, and did customer recovery by giving affected customers access over multiple channels for a particular day.

Now, Singtel has this fire incident and is now doing customer recovery by giving customers speed boosts and access to multiple channels.

My point is simple - they have got it all wrong. As a customer, I subscribe to channels I want and the speed I best need. When the incidents happened, I was DEPRIVED OF THE SERVICE I PAID FOR. There is no point giving me speed boosts and even access to all/multiple channels to make up. I don't need these at all!

Rather, they should proportionately reduce the bill payable for that particular month, simply because I failed to get what I paid and signed a contract for. In addition, for customer recovery, they can choose to throw in some sweeteners, which can include speed boosts and free channels.

What the telcos are doing now for customer recovery is simply cheapskate and completely wrong. CASE and the IDA should fight for justice for the hapless consumers who have to take whatever are thrown at them. That is the right thing to do.

Yeah

I pay for a daily supply of a plate of chicken rice. Provider screwed up and I went hungry for a few days. Now the chicken rice seller say that as compensation I get an additional tao kwa and bean sprouts for the next 5 days .... Siow! I dun even like those, much less want them!

I pay for the chicken rice, I DIDN'T get the chicken rice. Don't see the logic that I should still have to pay for it.

• Praise 1

i totally agree....they see subscribers as freebies mongers.....give all free also no use...only one tv and cannot see all....

do something more productive......bill rebates.....

• Praise 1

because... it cost them NOTHING and yet... "I give you DOUBLE the speed you know!"

My sis's home... already paying 200Mbps... how? Also, last Sat afternoon, about 3pm.. I was there. My children were watching youtube. watch 10s... wait 10s for the download...

ya right. Singtel has solved all the problem.

Yeah

I pay for a daily supply of a plate of chicken rice. Provider screwed up and I went hungry for a few days. Now the chicken rice seller say that as compensation I get an additional tao kwa and bean sprouts for the next 5 days .... Siow! I dun even like those, much less want them!

I pay for the chicken rice, I DIDN'T get the chicken rice. Don't see the logic that I should still have to pay for it.

... I give you 2 serves of rice and 1 serve of chicken... Ok ok.... unlimited serves of chili... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2