All new Altis 2014

Deckbuild

The 2014 Toyota Corolla Altis was launched in Taiwan this month, making it the first Asian country to receive the new model. Seen here is the Euro-spec Corolla destined for Asian countries. Toyota of Taiwan seem to be rather quick in updating the Corolla, but the news does not surprise us given that the Corolla figures in the Top 5 best selling cars there.

Taiwan gets the Corolla in five trim levels namely Elegance, Classic, Deluxe, Monarch and a sporty ‘Z’ variant. All variants are powered by the same four-cylinder DOHC, 1.8-liter VVT-i engine. This engine is good for 140 PS and 176 Nm of torque and is mated to a CVT gearbox. Though its a CVT unit, you can use the tiptronic gearlever to select from 7 speeds.

The Z model gets visual and feature additions in the form of a titanium black trim for the center console, steering-mounted shift paddles, a rear spoiler with an LED brake light and fully body skirts.

The Corolla Altis has been certified at 19.4km/l under the Taiwanese test conditions. Prices start at 646,000 Wan (INR 13.55 lakhs) and extend up to 769,000 Wan (INR 16.16 lakhs) for the sporty Z model.

It will be interesting to see if this model turn BM fortunes around since it was toppled by Mercedes & BMW. Furthermore by the reclassified of the Engine cappacity of Conti vehicles it might as well be the time for altis to shine again....

I must say corolla altis might be the MOST reliable car in its class. Any one disagree?

• Praise 6

It will be interesting to see if this model turn BM fortunes around since it was toppled by Mercedes & BMW. Furthermore by the reclassified of the Engine cappacity of Conti vehicles it might as well be the time for altis to shine again....

I must say corolla altis might be the MOST reliable car in its class. Any one disagree?

The Auris (Corolla w/o backside) is already in for months, but so far only see one unit on the road. By Feb 2014, it can say bye bye to Singapore market liao. 1 hp more! Hahahaha

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 3

I don't think the Altis is the most reliable in its class. My vote goes to the MItsubishi Lancer.

• Praise 4

I don't think the Altis is the most reliable in its class. My vote goes to the MItsubishi Lancer.

My idea of best in its class is made on several assumption, all IMO :)

1st criterion: Resale value, which altis is known to command up to 9k-10k depreciation another Japanese car would be civic however comparing the purchase price of altis and civic of course the latter is more expensive than altis.

2nd criterion: maintenance cost and parts replacement.

3rd criterion: still the bread and butter for many working class

Definitely not the model that burn and jam up the whole PIE recently.

• Praise 1

Looking so much better than the current version.

I'm impressed with toyota this time on the interior.

Never like the interior of the older models but at least this one is pleasing to look at (not the nicest thou)

With this coming in 2014 where many drivers are starting to look for replacement for their 2004-2005 cars, maybe we will see more of this car on the road.

• Praise 4

I think it will look good if launched in 2008.

Look at the current kias and Hyundai's. I'm sure they look much better than this version

There is still a group of Toyota supporters still thinking the Korean car cannot make it.

• Praise 3