BMW 4 series gran coupe

Damienic

Supersonic

Dropped by PML showroom over the weekend. Have to say i was pretty underwhelmed by the 420GC. The interior dashboard plastics looks cheap for a luxury brand and what's with the manual handbrake? Even the cheaper 216 has el

Exterior of course nice but interior is a deal breaker.

The fanbois will tell u that manual handbrake can do drift
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

little-girl-drifts-toy-corvette-like-a-b

Same la.. Even my ex F30 316i interior also boring.

For Beemers, must get the Full Red Interior than wet wet

Edited by Rayoflight
  • Praise 2

How does it compare to F30 320?

For this type of lifestyle car, can only buy 430 or 440 (which is likely to be fully loaded).

Not to sure what you mean.....not sure which generation is F30. But i know the current 3 series also same as the 4 series. 4 series supposed to be more atas right? So if 4 series also still using manual handbrake and plasticky looking interior than 3 series won't be better off.

The new 5 series on the other hand is very nice. 

Not to sure what you mean.....not sure which generation is F30. But i know the current 3 series also same as the 4 series. 4 series supposed to be more atas right? So if 4 series also still using manual handbrake and plasticky looking interior than 3 series won't be better off.

The new 5 series on the other hand is very nice. 

3 series is the bread & butter of BMW.

3 is going to EOL soon.  Unlikely electric handbrake will be added.

4GC is lifestyle car of BMW

4 is like the old 3 series coupe or cab or maybe GC.  Whether more atas or not, i don't know.

4 is based on 3.  It was facelifted in 2017.  If don't have, have to wait for next gen lor.

5 series is totally difference segment as compared to 3 & 4.

What's the big deal over electric handbrake?

• Praise 1

What's the big deal over electric handbrake?

Not say big deal or not big deal but when you pay that kind of money, you would expect it to have certain things especially when cars that cost much less have it.  

Supersonic

Elec handbrake got autohold function. No need to keep foot on brake pedal during jams. Also get in, drive off. You know, just in case one day u decide to pull off a bank heist n need a quick getaway....

• Praise 1

Elec handbrake got autohold function. No need to keep foot on brake pedal during jams. Also get in, drive off. You know, just in case one day u decide to pull off a bank heist n need a quick getaway....

Cannot pull handbrake during jam?

Nowadays, a lot of ppl don't use handbrake anymore since got Parking gear.

Not say big deal or not big deal but when you pay that kind of money, you would expect it to have certain things especially when cars that cost much less have it.  

This gen starts from 2011.

To be fully update to 2017 & beyond, have to wait next gen.

Anyway, B series engine in this car is cream (i hearsay).

Just booked 420. I loved the car during test drive. Don't really need super powerful engine in Singapore. Now sorta feeling buyers remorse. Decisions, decisions, take the car or say bye bye to $15K deposit.... 

Supersonic

Just booked 420. I loved the car during test drive. Don't really need super powerful engine in Singapore. Now sorta feeling buyers remorse. Decisions, decisions, take the car or say bye bye to $15K deposit....

Huh? Love the test drive, booked n now feel buyer remorse? Simi taiji?

Perhaps you can transfer the $15K deposit to book the new 330i instead?

• Praise 1

Would 330i be a better value?

I test drove the new 420 GC a couple of weeks ago. The ride was fine but the rear passenger headroom was low. Was a deal breaker for me.

Just noticed that there's a new variant for 330i and PML have not released the pricing officially. As a sedan it should have better rear passenger headroom and it's more powerful than 420.

Perhaps you can check with your SE about the new variant?

I test drove the new 420 GC a couple of weeks ago. The ride was fine but the rear passenger headroom was low. Was a deal breaker for me.

Just noticed that there's a new variant for 330i and PML have not released the pricing officially. As a sedan it should have better rear passenger headroom and it's more powerful than 420.

Perhaps you can check with your SE about the new variant?

I’m 195cm tall. When I was sitting at the back I could feel my hair touching the rooftop, but the same happens when I sit in 3 series.

For me the question is if 420 series would be hard to sell down the road. I might need to replicate in 2 years or so

I’m 195cm tall. When I was sitting at the back I could feel my hair touching the rooftop, but the same happens when I sit in 3 series.

For me the question is if 420 series would be hard to sell down the road. I might need to replicate in 2 years or so

IMHO, it will be easier to sell the 3 and 5 series. The 4 series has better looks (sporty) but I think the potential customer base is smaller. Just my 2 cents.

• Praise 4

IMHO, it will be easier to sell the 3 and 5 series. The 4 series has better looks (sporty) but I think the potential customer base is smaller. Just my 2 cents.

I have a have a feeling that once new 3 series is released in 2018, resale value of F30 will drop quite a bit
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2