So you really think you are BIG...

Angcheek

do you really want to chase the rabbit down the rabbit hole?

Nothing better to do...the ultimate answer, as always,

It's magic. there is no explanation.

It amuses me that people think there needs to be a "creator" for the earth, but the there doesn't need to be a creator for the creator..

If God can "Just Be" then why can't the Earth "Just Be"...

But ultimately, faith can't be explained by logic or science -

Any more than can my belief in a collective sub-conscious be explained by logic - I just believe that it is.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

What is science now, is magic barely 100 years ago.

Our civilization is really still in it's infancy, there are still many things yet to be discovered by humankind.

And yet we're fighting and killing each other over minor things instead of working towards the greater good of humankind.

• Praise 6

What is science now, is magic barely 100 years ago.

Our civilization is really still in it's infancy, there are still many things yet to be discovered by humankind.

And yet we're fighting and killing each other over minor things instead of working towards the greater good of humankind.

minor things?

the question involves the meaning of life.. LIFE!! for goodness sakes!

and it is not beyond reason to extinguish others lives in the pursuit of glorifying one's own theistic beliefs. :ph34r:

see the irony?

It amuses me that people think there needs to be a "creator" for the earth, but the there doesn't need to be a creator for the creator..

Any more than can my belief in a collective sub-conscious be explained by logic - I just believe that it is.

collective sub-conscious like the one picked up by the random number research just before 9/11 and some catastrophes?

That piqued my interest but so far no developments.. wonder what happened. is it a hoax?

There is a saying, that if the universe is finite, then what is at the end of it, a wall ? But then what is behind the wall ? If the wall is indeed the very end, then there must be god who created this structure. But if behind the wall is yet another universe, so finite is eventually still infinite after all.

So if the universe is truly infinite, then anything that can possible happen, will happen, because there are endless permutation of everything taking place. There will be many countless earth with a mcf forum and people of the same nameas here, and the same and different events occurring every moment. In another world, one will strike toto every week. Quite daunting to think to it. [dizzy]

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invincible_ignorance_fallacy

There is a saying, that if the universe is finite, then what is at the end of it, a wall ? But then what is behind the wall ? If the wall is indeed the very end, then there must be god who created this structure. But if behind the wall is yet another universe, so finite is eventually still infinite after all.

So if the universe is truly infinite, then anything that can possible happen, will happen, because there are endless permutation of everything taking place. There will be many countless earth with the same name as everyone here, and the same and different events occurring every moment. Quite daunting to think to it. [dizzy]

you refer to the many world's theory and parallel universe..

some theorize it can happen in the same universe but only because it is beyond the visible universe.

others theorize that each universe is cut off from each other but exist right beside each other.

me... this is too far out to grasp.

God doesn't need anything. He created the universe. That is His sovereign will.

not sure why you wanted to start this.

If God needs nothing, then why bother to pen down a 'Bible' which to some, a good reading book.

Anyone can claim anything. But who in history witness and pen all this down?

At the end of the day, its all humans dids and doings. We are the one that started everything. We are the ones that go around preaching, quarrelling, fighting, destruction etc....

So, we are are then actually the creators, of all good things and bad things.

• Praise 2

If God needs nothing, then why bother to pen down a 'Bible' which to some, a good reading book.

I didn't start anything. I was merely responding to a specific question asked to me.

We are all free to believe what we choose to believe.

minor things?

the question involves the meaning of life.. LIFE!! for goodness sakes!

and it is not beyond reason to extinguish others lives in the pursuit of glorifying one's own theistic beliefs. :ph34r:

see the irony?

To be honest, humankind has been fighting non stop even when we're still walking around naked in Africa. I think the "fighting" mechanism is really wired into our system.

Make me wonder whether we are really just an small part of an experiment by some greater beings.

I didn't start anything. I was merely responding to a specific question asked to me.

We are all free to believe what we choose to believe.

and not to believe what we choose not to believe.

To be honest, humankind has been fighting non stop even when we're still walking around naked in Africa. I think the "fighting" mechanism is really wired into our system.

Make me wonder whether we are really just an small part of an experiment by some greater beings.

so you subscribe to the alien conspiracy theory?

• Praise 1

At the end of the day, its all humans dids and doings. We are the one that started everything. We are the ones that go around preaching, quarrelling, fighting, destruction etc....

So, we are are then actually the creators, of all good things and bad things.

The Bible (all the various holy books) wasn't written by "God" - it was written by fallible men at many different times in history,

Many parts were written "by committee" and at many times different versions of the same event were deliberately chosen for inclusion or exclusion -

at the same time, some events were excluded altogether because they were "inconvenient".

Knowing what we do about human nature, memory (how they are recorded and preserved), how stories are transmitted and preserved and how legends develop, how can you trust the literality of the bible?

Hee...like the Greek gods creating humans for their amusement?

• Praise 1

so you subscribe to the alien conspiracy theory?

Nope, I am a subscriber to Science.. for which extra terrestrial beings is a part of..

Edited by Shull

The Bible (all the various holy books) wasn't written by "God" - it was written by fallible men at many different times in history,

Many parts were written "by committee" and at many times different versions of the same event were deliberately chosen for inclusion or exclusion -

at the same time, some events were excluded altogether because they were "inconvenient".

Knowing what we do about human nature, memory (how they are recorded and preserved), how stories are transmitted and preserved and how legends develop, how can you trust the literality of the bible?

Ok got it. Lets stop here lah

Boringchap has his beliefs and you have yours so lets respect each other's beliefs.

I have to say, I was once exactly like you Darryn.

• Praise 1

Ok got it. Lets stop here lah

Boringchap has his beliefs and you have yours so lets respect each other's beliefs.

I have to say, I was once exactly like you Darryn.

I have no problems stopping.

Please go back to my original post. I was just responding to this thread by stating my view - I am constantly amazed by God's creation. Period. I am not trying to preach, neither was I looking for a discussion or debate on religion.

To divert away from the tension, one of the often asked question in cosmology is, are there aliens in the outer space ? If yes, why have they not contacted us yet, and what are the ways we can contact them ? It is said that the wow signal was a message from aliens but it was never repeated again.

To divert away from the tension, one of the often asked question in cosmology is, are there aliens in the outer space ? If yes, why have they not contacted us yet, and what are the ways we can contact them ? It is said that the wow signal was a message from aliens but it was never repeated again.

Well, I would assume that most if not all civilisation will evolve at more or less the same rate as us. So, maybe they are also at the stage where trying to find us through staring into high powered telescopes.

↡ Advertisement